Good News

Park Crue

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AGREE IT WAS SWEET, AND THEY NEED A LONG ASS FLAT RAIL, MAYBE NOT 4 INCHES WIDE BUT MAYBE 6-8. SOMEWHERE BETWEEN A BOX AND A RAIL YOU KNOW. THAT WAY BALANCE WOULDN'T BE REALLY HARD BUT IT WOULDN'T MATTER IF YOU WERE GOOD BECAUSE IF YOU WERE GOOD YOU COULD SLIDE ANY RAIL FOR A LONG DISTANCE

Woah, sorry about the caps there. I found this and figured it OUT.

wow what a coinicodence i found stevos favorite site EDIT:site removed

Edited by enjoytheride_dc

We are calling it "Tuesday Nite Fever"

Hooking up some mad sponsers, and an awesome grand prize.

I got some info today that Amateur Athlete is sponsoring this event, and that grand prize is: Board, Boots, Bindings, Pants, and Jacket. Maybe gloves and goggles, not sure. Just thought I'd share what I heard.

Oh, and I also got word that AA is having a rail jam at their one shop and they're going to truck in some snow for it.

I got some info today that Amateur Athlete is sponsoring this event, and that grand prize is: Board, Boots, Bindings, Pants, and Jacket. Maybe gloves and goggles, not sure. Just thought I'd share what I heard.

Oh, and I also got word that AA is having a rail jam at their one shop and they're going to truck in some snow for it.

Where is Amateur Athlete? Never been there...

Yes Amateur Athlete is gonna sponsor The Tuesday Nite Fever.

Grand prize is $1,000.00 in a gift voucher to be spent on whatever you desire from the store.

Plenty of other prizes by equipment and apparel sponsors.

And we thought we could keep this quiet until the brochure was printed !!

TUESDAY NITE FEVER

Divisions: [Open, 14&over, 13&under, women.] SNOWBOARD

[ Ditto ] SKI.

Start : 1st Tuesday in Jan 2007. And 3 more subsequently.

If you win in your category, you make it you the finals, which will be held in Feb.

So you have 4 chances to compete to try make the finals.

In the finals, the winners of all 8 divisions will receive a trophy and prizes.

Then the names of all 8 winners will be put in a hat and one name will be drawn out. This lucky person will win a $1,000 voucher for a shopping spree at Amateur Athlete.

P.S. Amateur Athlete are being super generous in sponsoring this comp. Even though they do not yet sell skis, they sell dope apparel and accessories for all you homebodies. So go there and show your appreciation, and give them your business.

As for PP's, Stevo : What can I say ?

It's a delicate subject that is being discussed. You guys will be the first to know if there is any news.

Will each night be a different skill? Like bigair, pipe, slopestyle, rails?

How about starting times? practice time?

Ohhhh..... who is managing the calendar this year? Get this type of stuff up on there please. I entered a 100 events last season, I hope that someone steps up to the plate.

Edited by Papasteeze

TUESDAY NITE FEVER

Divisions: [Open, 14&over, 13&under, women.] SNOWBOARD

[ Ditto ] SKI.

Start : 1st Tuesday in Jan 2007. And 3 more subsequently.

If you win in your category, you make it you the finals, which will be held in Feb.

So you have 4 chances to compete to try make the finals.

In the finals, the winners of all 8 divisions will receive a trophy and prizes.

Then the names of all 8 winners will be put in a hat and one name will be drawn out. This lucky person will win a $1,000 voucher for a shopping spree at Amateur Athlete.

shouldnt the finals winner get the 1000 bucks??

Tuesday Nite Fever seems like a great event. I agree with Oakley that $1,000 bucks is alot better than a $1,000 gift certificate but it's so much cheaper for the sponsor to give the gift certificate...since their cost for the $1,000 worth of merchandise is probably about $3-400.

Tuesday Nite is a very dead night at Booter mountain and aside from the park, the other trails will still be pretty dead. When I get tired from making 9 laps per hour off the new 6 pack if they run it at top speed which I doubt they will on a Tuesday night. I'll definitely rock. There were so many people doing huge stuff at the park last season and at the pond skimming people were also doing huge tricks over the pond on mo-fo Vista. I'm sure alot of Montage, Camelback, JF/BB, Tanglewood, Mountain Creek, Spring mountain, and Bear Creak will hit it up..

Booter mountain is going to be the place for big mo-fo booters, wall rides, light up boxes, and rail gardens. I also have a feeling there'll be more tables since the park will be wider. Only a couple more weeks...ahhh..I mean months...ahhh ahhh ahhhh

:microwave::killyourself::buds::welcome:

i meant they could still give away the $1000 in a gift cert. but instead of a random drawing like park crue mentioned give it to the winner of tuesday night fever

Will each night be a different skill? Like bigair, pipe, slopestyle, rails?

How about starting times? practice time?

Ohhhh..... who is managing the calendar this year? Get this type of stuff up on there please. I entered a 100 events last season, I hope that someone steps up to the plate.

And we thought we could keep this quiet until the brochure was printed !!

You can thank me for that :nana

But really, I didn't know it was a secret.

When are these rail jams?

If you're referring to the ones at Amateur Athlete, I'm not sure on the date. I heard someone from the Blue Mt. snowmaking crew was going to help truck in the snow, but I'm not sure on how accurate my info is. Besides, I don't see why they wouldn't just bring in a fangun and make the snow if conditions are right, and if they got the electric/water.