Rail Jam this Sunday at the 1260 Park!

skier150

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was tons of action, probably around 40 people. Maybe you were on a different Forest Drive, was the one you were on a dead end?

It was a great time tonight! One of the best turn-out's yet!! Thanks to Papasteze and Nippes for providing a lot of the food and drink. Thanks to Jake, Hammil and Justo for bringing the snow. Thanks to Jake for bringing the sound system. We had about 4 cameras taking tons of video, so look for some of that soon.

We will be having a few more before the snow season starts, so keep your eyes on this thread.

here are the directions ja8kman gave me...

Yeah man.. no problem. We are at the base of Blue Mountain kinda. You go past the mountain, and past the bottom lodge. The road straightens then goes to the left. THen you make you 1st right. This road takes you thru a covered bridge, then comes to a 4 way stop sign. Go straight across. Take your next right. This road goes up a small mountain. Then take your next right. I think it is called Forest something. Stay on this road. You will see us up on the right hand side. Most people park out on the road.

Chris the owner of the property justs ask that you sign a little waiver. So he is not responsible for inguries that may happen. I think people will start showing up around 3 or so...

Yes the road we drove up and down was a dead end. Was that the wrong forest drive?

There was tons of action, probably around 40 people. It was a great time tonight! One of the best turn-out's yet!! Thanks to Papasteze and Nippes for providing a lot of the food and drink. Thanks to Jake, Hammil and Justo for bringing the snow. Thanks to Jake for bringing the sound system. We had about 4 cameras taking tons of video, so look for some of that soon.

We will be having a few more before the snow season starts, so keep your eyes on this thread.

What a chill scene!!!! I'll try to bring a trailer load of wood chips next time. A little earlier in the day would be nice, it was a late night.. :huh:

Never saw any turbo eclipse. Went past blue mtn. made right on covered bridge road, straight throught 4 way stop, right on Forest Dr. Drove up and down forest drive for an hour lloking.

Sounds like you missed a turn, after the covered bridge it is the first right on spruce st, then the second right on forest dr. If you were on my street there is no way you could have missed it unless you were too early, or too late.

Edited by skier150

We didnt really start until like 5ish. Were you too early? If you saw the right WRX you could probably see the setup.

Props go out to Larry as well for bringing a ton of snow.

Great jam last night guys, definitely the best so far.

Next time don't forget to think about what you might want when you're hiking a rail for a few hours, things like snacks or beverages. I can't even count how many times I heard people asking the host "yo man can I get some drinks." Not cool when theres like 30 people there, or ever really, a 12 pack of drinks is like < $5...

Can't wait for the season!

Any crazy wipe-outs...what kind if tricks was skier150 pulling? I've never really seen him ski before...I have seen him stand on the sides of Booters smoking cigarettes.... :lol

Yeah, during the jams I am usually too busy taking care of anything to actually get on the rails... so I am usually running around smoking cigs. Last season at blue I only skied on weekends, I was training for a snowboard cert, and when I was on skis I was mosly coaching.