Rail Jam this Sunday at the 1260 Park!

skier150

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how could u miss the turbo eclipse parked halfway out in the middle of the road.

Is that where it broke down?

.......probably the best day ive had in a while

as compared to.....?

Yeah, i didn't feel like coming. IF i remembered about the real snow, i would have probably come......but shit. I'll catch the next one.

I put together a very quick movie from that night. I just tried this with Adobe Premiere for the 1st time. I will do another one when I find the time.

thanks for getting that up so QUICK! Your park got nipples so stoked that we are gathering up all kinds of steel for the back yard. off to go pilfer and pillage some carpet

it's raining - I don't think we are going to chance the road trip being a wash out. Going to cut some more metal for rails.

Tonight was good. Didn't rain at 1260 today from what I heard. Skeleton crew riding tonight, very different from 2 weeks ago. Pretty much the neighborhood kids. Mostly just hung out and talked gear and the season.

Tonight was good. Didn't rain at 1260 today from what I heard. Skeleton crew riding tonight, very different from 2 weeks ago. Pretty much the neighborhood kids. Mostly just hung out and talked gear and the season.

I knew that was going to happen, it was pouring down here, I figured that if we had gone, it would have rained and if we didn't, it wouldn't. Oh well, we had a productive night, Got all the steel cut and ground ready for welding for a 16' flat down.

16'... thats kinda short isnt it?

you have to see it. I am calling it a progression rail. It is 2x6 tube steel, to wide to be a rail, to narrow to be a box, Nipples and I figure that for the backyard it will allow for everything 450+ on, 450 off, disasters, switch ups, and the ever popular pretzel. The next one is a technical shot gun 5' up, 10' flat, 10'down, probably will only work in the winter.

I think a 16 foot flat down is too short, in all honesty. I would make the down part 16 feet and then have the flat at 6 or 8. .....but whatever works for you. Are you welding these yourself? Oh yeah, and be sure to get us pics. Oh yeah, and what about pricing/ steel sources?

Nice! Are these just goin' in the backyard?

I got a house last spring that has some sick terrain, (part of an old quarry) creek for water supply, cliffs 50' of vertical drop in, this is the start of nipples rail garden.

I think a 16 foot flat down is too short, in all honesty. I would make the down part 16 feet and then have the flat at 6 or 8. .....but whatever works for you. Are you welding these yourself? Oh yeah, and be sure to get us pics. Oh yeah, and what about pricing/ steel sources?

I gather, I design, I cut, I weld. We have a huge scrap yard. full of old farm junk, it's like we found treasure, lol... I'll get nips to post some pics. 16' is fine, the freakin thing is pushing 200 lbs. (some very beefy steel)

Sounds sick Papa.

I'm gonna start building some rails for my backyard. I have the perfect natural run in for carpet, ice rink snow, and obviously natural snow. I'd say its a bit steeper and longer than the 1260 park.

I'm gonna make a flat double barrel rail, probably 10', with painted wood framing and PVC (stuff slides nice, easy to work with, CHEAP, easy to be replaced, durable), best of all it's probably gonna cost me no more $20. The rail I built last year was made out of PVC, some 2x4's and scrap wood I had lying around - cost me about $10.

I also want to make a small trap double barrel rail, same concept as the flat rail, and have like two jibs side by side like 1260.

Then when it snows I'm gonna put tarp over the snow so it retains the temperature and doesnt melt during the day from the sun. I'd like to make a snowgun but I don't have a compressor and have no money right now to get one, maybe later in the season I'll do that. But the tarp idea seems like it would work in helping preserve the snow.

Edited by justin

with painted wood framing and PVC (stuff slides nice, easy to work with, CHEAP, easy to be replaced, durable

what I don't understand is that I am told you can't slide aluminum, but yet, everyone seems to make PVC rails. I would think that plastic is going to gouge before aluminum.

What about galvanized and stainless steel. I doubt anyone has had any experience with those materials, doesn't hurt to ask.