Good News II

Park Crue

you guys sound like idiots with your park pass ideas. the park is not yours. it is for everyone to use. if you dont like it, find a new mountain to go to or else learn to fuckin share with those who pay their price of admission to be on the same damn mountain as you do.

i agree that i do get annoyed of people that just sit in front of a ramp or a rail or whatever it may be but they paid to be on the mountain as i did. i am obligated to share with those who may be a lot better than i am and with those who may not be as good as i am but want to learn more. it is not your right to say who should be where on the mountain. thats for blue mountain to decide and obviously they have decided to not put in park passes or else they would have done it already.

to implement a park pass, they would need someone at the top to check if everyone entering the park has a park pass. when theyre not making anymore money by charging more, why would they want to implement a system that has no effect on their business whatsoever by losing money to pay for the employee? the only way they would even consider a park pass is to add a park pass fee ON TOP of the existing lift ticket rate. or else they would just be stupid and lose money.

Hey man thanks for the input. Blue has already decided that park passes won't be offered at Blue this season, so thats not what this thread is about. This is more of a suggestion thread. What we are looking for is ideas to cut down on some of the "gapers," or people who have the right to be in the park, but shouldn't necessarily be there. It is the belief of many riders up at Blue that quite a few people end up in the higher level park without much knowledge of how to properly navigate that environment. Like you mentioned, it is a problem that people don't know how to use some of the features in the higher level park, and what we are fishing for are suggestions as how to educate people on park etiquette, and prevent them from getting in over their head.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"EXPANSION PROGRESS

WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS ON THE NEW 6 PASSENGER CHAIRLIFT...CHALLENGE EXPRESS.

YESTERDAY THE LAST 3 TOWER FOOTERS WERE SET.

WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS THE HELICOPTERS WILL BE HERE TO INSTALL THE LIFT TOWERS. THIS AWESOME INSTALLATION CAN BE VIEWED FROM OUR VALLEY PARKING LOT AREA.

THE GRADING OF SIDEWINDER PARK IS ALMOST COMPLETE AS WELL AS THE ADDITONAL SNOWMAKING LINES.

NEW RAILS AND BOXES ARE BEING BUILT.

CHECK HERE FOR MORE UPDATES."

Is anyone going to watch the helicopter bring in the towers? It would be cool to watch, if anone goes I'd appreciate if they took some pics, although I'm sure Blue will post up some of their own.

*Edit- Sorry, this may have been more appropriate in the "construction continues" section.

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

"EXPANSION PROGRESS

WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS ON THE NEW 6 PASSENGER CHAIRLIFT...CHALLENGE EXPRESS.

YESTERDAY THE LAST 3 TOWER FOOTERS WERE SET.

WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS THE HELICOPTERS WILL BE HERE TO INSTALL THE LIFT TOWERS. THIS AWESOME INSTALLATION CAN BE VIEWED FROM OUR VALLEY PARKING LOT AREA.

THE GRADING OF SIDEWINDER PARK IS ALMOST COMPLETE AS WELL AS THE ADDITONAL SNOWMAKING LINES.

NEW RAILS AND BOXES ARE BEING BUILT.

CHECK HERE FOR MORE UPDATES."

Is anyone going to watch the helicopter bring in the towers? It would be cool to watch, if anone goes I'd appreciate if they took some pics, although I'm sure Blue will post up some of their own.

*Edit- Sorry, this may have been more appropriate in the "construction continues" section.

:rock

I still say a fence with small opening (as in like 30 inchs) with a sign directly in front, so that you have to go AROUND the sign, would be a pretty good deterent. This goes along with my theory that it NOT be smart style sign becuase smart style is completely rediculous. It doesn't actually make any sense if you didn't already know park ettiquette nor address the issues of safety in the park that are most paramount.

personally i dont think there is a single "fair" solution to the problem. most terrain parks have signage at the top and they still do not keep people out, most people, especially these "gapers", wont take the time to read a sign even if its directly in front of them, for example the singage on how to board a lift, closed trail signs, ect.

i do agree that park passes are in a sense unfair. free park passes shouldnt be a problem though. maybe a good solution would be to have a stamp on the lift tickets that validates park usage so someone could check at the park entrance, all they would have to do at the ticket window is ask 5 quick and easy questions that outline the basics of park riding, and if a person shows to have some sort of knowledge they get the stamp

oh, and blue gets avalanches on the double blacks?

Edited by dirt

I don't want to get into park passes on this thread. Thats been done over so much. I personally think anyone who wants to get a lesson in park passes should go to mountain creek, go to the park without a park pass, then buy a $5 park pass and go to the park with park passes. See how much safer, less crowded it is, how easy it was to do, and how much better groomed everything stays. Then come back after experiancing that and tell me how park passes suck. If you could do that and say that the park passes didn't make the park safer (which keeps insurance from getting even worse, keeping all our lift tickets down), then I'd be interested to hear what you have to say. Every local at Creek fought against them before we had them but after Stratton did, and now we love them.

Rangers are a big part of the issue too, probably one of the most important. They need a good education on it, and need to have one checking in there a lot.

Guys and girls, as I've asked a few times in this thread, please do not debate for or against park passes in this thread. If you would like to do so, please create a new thread or rehash one of the old ones. No one cares what you have to say about it here.

In regards to this thread, this is all you need to know:

"Park Passes will not be instituted. We are still considering some sort of "deterrent" at the start, to discourage opportunists .

It would be great if you all can use this thread to convey your ideas. Please be civil to each other . so that it is not locked down again."

Any further posts that mention passes in the context of a debate runs a high risk of vanishing.

you guys sound like idiots with your park pass ideas. the park is not yours. it is for everyone to use. if you dont like it, find a new mountain to go to or else learn to fuckin share with those who pay their price of admission to be on the same damn mountain as you do.

i'd rather sound like an idiot than be an

..and the crackerbarrel box should be in the lower park so more people can see how cool it is.. :rock

:lol haha

I am an idiot... IF I remember right the question was how do we keep/limit gapers out of the park.... THink about it. There is nothing you can do, until the obivious is instituted and even then, gapers like me will still get in.

The only option I can think of is to put a gate on a huge head wall with a zillion warning signs

I am an idiot... IF I remember right the question was how do we keep/limit gapers out of the park.... THink about it. There is nothing you can do, until the obivious is instituted and even then, gapers like me will still get in.

The only option I can think of is to put a gate on a huge head wall with a zillion warning signs

I have a solution, why don't you come to blue and direct traffic into the park like you do at Camelback. :rofl

I'd like to think that their is something we can do to cut down on the issue with gapers in the park. If we do something that cuts down on 1 out of 5 people that are in the park that shouldn't be there, then thats one step closer to the goal. We all know what the ultimate solution is, but its just not part of the picture this year.

What about a sign that says..."No Gapers"??? Maybe another sign warning parents.."Your precious child might get decapitated when practicing stem christies on the backside of a big mo-fo booter"

haha a sign like that is what they need outside the parks (and bump runs, and other hard trails)....Too bad most mountain's management won't do it...

if you're a gaper, you never knew what the word gaper meant

OK..... I had to look it up. Apparently no park has any gapers that I have ever seen.

A gaper is a stone black man's head on the front of a building in the Netherlands.200px-Van-der-Pigge-Haarlem.jpg

It is used to indicate that this building is a pharmacy.

The literal translation of gaper would be yawner; the figure is always displayed with an open mouth. Traditionally, the man depicted is of Moorish origin.

The literal translation of gaper would be yawner; the figure is always displayed with an open mouth. Traditionally, the man depicted is of Moorish origin.

Technically that would work, seeing as a gaper just stands around in the park in awe with people going mach 35 and hitting some big ass mo' fo' booter.

Did any of you ever stop and think about the fact that is up to Blue's management and Ski Patrol/Risk Management to come up with safety initiatives. Not us. You can bitch all you want but your arguments are so one sided. Management has to think about ALL of their customers. Calling customers "gapers" isn't going to help your case.

:ph34r: