Latest on Montage/Sno Mountain?

snorovr

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what gangsta sign he made along with that quote? Sounds like Cordaro brings a little urban flair to his commisioner seat...

"much-updated look when skiiers arrive."

The newspaper doesn't even know how to spell us...

As far as Cordaro goes, I'd say he was less gangsta and more Sopranos.

I'm glad the whole Montage/Sno ordeal is over...I was feeling some empathy for Ski along with Montage/Snomountain skier along with the shady bunch....aka X-nick, Wolverive, and the Lineskier who doesn't live in Easton. I didn't want to see you guys have to slum it at JF/BB or Elk..All the Montage locals should be raising the roof..and throwing your hands in the A---err and partying like you just don't K-err.. :wiggle:rock

I'm glad this whole thing is done with now too. I was even getting a little worried about things getting done but it looks like it'll all work out for this season.

I think us locals should do somethign to celebrate this new era in NEPA skiing/riding :downhill::thumb

So very true :banghead Do you think they'll at least turn them up a little this year?

Random (again, I say random) guess is they are pretty old lifts, and can't run as fast as the newer ones...The slower they run them, the less likely they are to break.

My guess is last year they were running them as fast as they could without risking them breaking...

Random (again, I say random) guess is they are pretty old lifts, and can't run as fast as the newer ones...The slower they run them, the less likely they are to break.

My guess is last year they were running them as fast as they could without risking them breaking...

Old lifts? I guess all this bad publicity has kept you away from the place lately. :P The lifts at Sno were built in the mid 80s. they're some of the newest ones around. Much newer than CB's lifts (except the quads) and pretty much everyone elses for that matter.

Old lifts? I guess all this bad publicity has kept you away from the place lately. :P The lifts at Sno were built in the mid 80s. they're some of the newest ones around. Much newer than CB's lifts (except the quads) and pretty much everyone elses for that matter.

Like I said, it was a random guess...Its been a while since I have been there.

So back off ASSHOLE :fu

:jk

:rofl

Maybe they just don't like you... :tinfoil:

installed in 1984. Last year the speeds varied. Some days you could definitely notice that they were running slower than normal. I'm pretty sure iron horse, phoebe, and shuttle all encountered problems at least once last year. Long Haul probably would have also, but it was never open :nana

Ha, they run the Phoebe so slow on weeknights so they don't have to come out of the shack to catch the chair. The Long Haul has been a sketchy ride for years. They just never put the money into fixing it correctly. Just band aides...I kind of have an idea of what they had been doing because our main Hideout lift has had the same problems. But the Phoebe can def be cranked up with no problems---they just don't bother.

Last year, Ty wanted to do 25 runs down Highball---it was one of the longest days I've ever skied.

Pretty good, Sno...we were doing 13 minute laps (lift ride, then a stop for a Swedish Fish at the top of the run, then tuck Highball), so it was just under 6 hours. I bet we skied for less than an hour of it.

Are you sure your 13 minute figure is right? The lift takes no more than 7 if i'm not mistaken, which would leave a 6 minute ride down highball :confused. We all know it doesn't take that long to make it down highball.

The lift was running at 9 1/2 minutes; about a minute for the Swedish Fish routine; then, >2 minutes down. I'm pretty sure that lift has three speeds: slow, slower, and ultra-slow---it was running on "slower". There weren't any lines---maybe 20 people on the mountain that day. The best hour we did 11 runs. And it wasn't because she was skiing slow; I'd go down Mainline to race her and we'd meet just above the lift and she wouldn't be far behind.

I once did 14 NASTAR runs and nearly died of boredom on Iron Horse. It's those last 300 yards after you pass the start house that's a killer. I got to know every piece of trash (Blue has much better trash).

It's going to be a different world with even just one fast lift.

No doubt, for starters It will change the way the whole mountain is skied. Much more attention will be put on the runaways and fast tracks, and the place will ski 1000 feet, instead of 2 500 foot hills.

pretty sure that lift has three speeds: slow, slower, and ultra-slow---i

I got to know every piece of trash (Blue has much better trash).

:lol ..i didn't realize that the ride was that long. I definitely know where you are coming from with the trash deal. Towards the end of the season we pick a category before we get on the lift and count on the ride up. Ski poles, gloves, beer cans, etc. It's amazing how many lighters are down there... It's always enjoyable to see a cell phone down there also :rofl

Fast track has always been a really fun trail, with a high speed it's going to be even better. Although it's going to crowd the trails up more than usual. Not many of the hardcore Jet's fans would hike the hill to get up to fast track..i would imagine half of them probably don't even know it's there.