Latest on Montage/Sno Mountain?

snorovr

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within the week the judge should have his final ruling. Right now its still under Lackawanna County, and if they still own it after this, then the Northface ( Hard slopes ) wont open this year. Only the blues and greens will open. But, I think the judge will go with SNO. And as of now SNO has a website, they ahve had people from Planet Snow come out to the mountain for a park meeting. They are serious about park. All of the projects up there are ready for start, they just have to wait for the judge. But no matter what, there will be skiing up there. But if its Montage, i dont know how much skiing i will be doing up there if its Montage.

YEAAA JUSTIN!Stay at my casa!

And I knew about this last week.I said my friend told me and all that crap.Its on a previous thread under this one if u want the proof I said it.No one believed me.

Nick let me explain this to you. If speichers dad didnt think he would win thats fine, but WASHO did. The judge didnt make his decision till today, i have been saying that SNO would win since July. I kinda called it before ya, but no one, including speicher knew until today.

YEAAA JUSTIN!Stay at my casa!

And I knew about this last week.I said my friend told me and all that crap.Its on a previous thread under this one if u want the proof I said it.No one believed me.

Nick: no matter how it went down, thanks for the positive vibe. I still haven't read a consession speech in the Times-Tribune, those f*ckers.

Nick let me explain this to you. If speichers dad didnt think he would win thats fine, but WASHO did. The judge didnt make his decision till today, i have been saying that SNO would win since July. I kinda called it before ya, but no one, including speicher knew until today.

Your wrong.Speicher told me they would decide monday and start construction on tuesday,i guess there just a day late with this.Mark knew sence last week it was a definit.

Thats so high tech.We dont need that.Just get high speed lifts already.Anyways,I know Sno mountain skiier will be getting alot of those prizes this year.

Hopefully Sno Mountain will be looking for a filmer in the park this year which will be me!

I'm going to steal it and hold it ransom for a high speed quad.

Northstar had a program like that last year and it was pretty awesome. For an extra $75 you were given shorter lines and the prizes for racking up feet paid back the $75 in no time, provided you skiied or rode a lot. One of the prizes at Northstar was food vouchers for the cafeterias, and I think by the end of the season I had earned somewhere around $150 in food.

Now that it seems that all of the bullshit appears to be over, is there enough time to do any upgrades? It looks like they intend on adding fans similar to those that JFBB put in. If that's the case, they probably will have to also upgrade the pumps and pipes, like JFBB did. Anybody sense a countersuit for the hardships and delays?

Now that it seems that all of the bullshit appears to be over, is there enough time to do any upgrades? It looks like they intend on adding fans similar to those that JFBB put in. If that's the case, they probably will have to also upgrade the pumps and pipes, like JFBB did. Anybody sense a countersuit for the hardships and delays?

Washo can still, technically, appeal. It will cost the taxpapyers a lot of money, but he's shown he likes to spend it. Sno Mountain will certainly continue their own lawsuit for defamation against Washo until he concedes. The fact that Washo sued didn't cause the lawsuit, so the delays are just a product of politics and egos. But Washo called it a back room, illegal deal and thus accused the parties of being criminals. So they'll let that hang over his head.

The main upgrade set for this season has been the installation of all the snow guns. Barring another holdup, it should happen on time. Their intent is to have lots of SNO and hype the hell out of it.

Northstar had a program like that last year and it was pretty awesome. For an extra $75 you were given shorter lines and the prizes for racking up feet paid back the $75 in no time, provided you skiied or rode a lot. One of the prizes at Northstar was food vouchers for the cafeterias, and I think by the end of the season I had earned somewhere around $150 in food.

You're talking to beaten down people used to being told we should be grateful to get three new garbage cans and a dozen lift seat chairs fixed. We don't experience lines anywhere in the hill, so we just want snow and a faster chair. They can keep their hot dogs and Cokes.

And I think it's a little like the extra $100 you could pay to park right next to the lift. That would have worked if you couldn't park pretty much right next to the lift anyway.

Don't get me wrong, we really do want everything...but just don't spend lift money on cool new goofy stuff.

Don't get me wrong, we really do want everything...but just don't spend lift money on cool new goofy stuff.

I doubt that they're spending money that's been budgeted for lifts. There's no way they'd be able to install a new high-speed quad before the start of the upcoming season, so why not add a few other upgrades in the mean time?

I doubt that they're spending money that's been budgeted for lifts. There's no way they'd be able to install a new high-speed quad before the start of the upcoming season, so why not add a few other upgrades in the mean time?

No, of course not. They have a comprehensive business plan that covers years...but now that it appears they are about to be the new owners, it's our duty to keep them focused on what our priorites are.

Once the closing papers are signed, the cheerleading is over. The Sno Mountain principles are good guys, but we're spending a lot of money, too.