problem with six pac.k....

Rob

ok heres the problem... sixpack it in between the quad home stretch and terrain park right....

so, where does the line go? if it goes straight back it cuts off people to the lodge, and the quad....

if it wraps up into the park it will make all the people on home stretch hav to hike around and vice versa....

is there a soloution that blue is making for this problem...

cause there will be days that the pack is full and the quad will be needed...

ok im done happy thinking

ok heres the problem... sixpack it in between the quad home stretch and terrain park right....

so, where does the line go? if it goes straight back it cuts off people to the lodge, and the quad....

if it wraps up into the park it will make all the people on home stretch hav to hike around and vice versa....

Im pretty sure thats the reason for having the 6pack, to alleviate such problems (the old challenge lift's line would get INSANE since it was only 2 people wide). I don't think the problem will be as bad now.

The people coming down home stretch will take the quad. people coming from beginnger park will take the 6 pack...

i kinda doubt that, thats like your mom saying ok...you have two choices snowboard in our back yard today or snowboard at brekenridge....are you telling me you would take your backyard over brekenrige?

On the 10 or so really crowded days during Holidays or after heavy snowstorms..things good be chaotic and with full chairs of 6 and 4 people unloading every several seconds certain trails might be crowded but I'm confident that the new 6-pack will be great. Even the couple day period back in January when the quad was down caused huge lines for the double..the new 6-pack is a much better alternative..but I wish it had a better name than the Challenge 6-pack...I wish it was called the Steezy big mo-fo booter 72 ouncer...what what..since there's 72 ounces in a 6-pack...assuming the bottles are 12 ounces.. :lol:

how about the "the Big Sexy" get it sextuplets=6kids/people

i kinda doubt that, thats like your mom saying ok...you have two choices snowboard in our back yard today or snowboard at brekenridge....are you telling me you would take your backyard over brekenrige?

So you'd rather ride the lift with 5 others instead of 3.. i'd take the 3.

Your making this lift out to be like it's gonna fly you up the hill in 2 seconds.. Nope still gonna take 5-6 minutes.. so there's no advantage of taking the 6pack over the quad.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

false no matter which trail you are comming from its going to be shorter to the sixpack than the 4

How do you get this. There both at the same spot... Just on oppsite sides of the trail. I can ride right up to either lift...

Edit: It was actually shorter to get to the quad then the double, coming off of home stretch...

Edit2: To get to the double, you had to get around those stupid tree's then go backwards.. The quad you just made a turn and it was right there....

Edited by KnuckleDragger

Yea it will even out, if you think about how they survived last season with a slower lift, with a faster lift there shouldnt be a problem.

The only advantage I see over taking the six pack is that if you're coming from the lower park, the lift is right there and you don't have to go the extra whatever over to the quad....also it dumps you off right at the entrance of sidewinder unlike the quad....still its not that much closer but hey I'll take it...anything to get more runs in

The main advantage is going to be the MUCH shorter lines...they'll be moving 4 more skiers per chair now (overall) at a much faster rate...it doesnt seem like a lot but when you crunch the numbers 4 more skiers per chair makes a HUGE difference

thank god for the new lift. hopefully, everyone will be amazed and intrigued about the new lift and start heading over to the right side of the mountain so i can have challenge, raxors edge, and lazy mile to myself.

the only thing that is going to bother me is because the new lift will be so effective in getting more people on the trail, wont that make the trails more crowded? the thing i hate most when i go to blue mountain is when people are sitting down across on lazy mile and yelling at me to slow down.

thank god for the new lift. hopefully, everyone will be amazed and intrigued about the new lift and start heading over to the right side of the mountain so i can have challenge, raxors edge, and lazy mile to myself.

the only thing that is going to bother me is because the new lift will be so effective in getting more people on the trail, wont that make the trails more crowded? the thing i hate most when i go to blue mountain is when people are sitting down across on lazy mile and yelling at me to slow down.

Mark Miller said I can ski till my hair catches on fire on any trails but the slow skiing ones. That means I can fly on Lazy Mile :rock

Mark Miller said I can ski till my hair catches on fire on any trails but the slow skiing ones. That means I can fly on Lazy Mile :rock

I remember on more then a few occasions of us flying down Lazy Miles playing slalom with the people.

So you'd rather ride the lift with 5 others instead of 3.. i'd take the 3.

I'd rather it be just Bob and I but since we almost never get on the quad alone, even when it's slow, I am thinking we'll just use the doubles more and ski on that side when it gets busy. Yes, I know they'll take longer but I'll take a longer ride in comfort over a short ride where there's always some dude constantly "accidentally" bumping into me any day. Especially when he doesn't speak English, dismounts and kicks me, tears my pants (calm down boys, it was just a scratch on the leg) and makes me fall. And since Bob and I don't really care about vert or how fast we can ski Challenge I think that's going to be our solution.

I really think Blue should have had a contest to name the new 6-pack with the winner getting a free season pass and runners up getting stickers or something.

Me too. It would have gotten the non die hards excited for the season too. Too bad Blue...you missed out on a great opportunity.

Edited by sexkitten

what the fuck rob. they'll probably extend the base out to the ticket check, but even so, it won't matter. Remember when the challenge chair got crowded as a mofo? Same story, but there won't be a line- it'll be 3x shorter on busy days

Lazy mile is a good trail to fly down. When I pass idiots sitting down I use them as slalom gates and spray them with snow.

Lazy mile is a good trail to fly down. When I pass idiots sitting down I use them as slalom gates and spray them with snow.

Twin tip Bob does the same thing. I swear he only likes to ski Lazy so he can snow the people sitting on the trail. I hate those damn twin tips.

Edited by sexkitten

Take a lap behind my Big Troubles. The tail is 5mm higher than the tip and 112mm wide. They throw up some serious rooster.

I clipped a guys pass for snowin a kid in one of my lessons once. I don't bother yellin at people on Lazy cuz its not a slow skiing trail, but if you're on Burma or Paradise and you do somethin that aint kosher to my lesson, you're done...

I don't think lines will be a problem this year Rob... You still gonna work in explorers? I don't know if your hazing period is over...

bobs a twin tipper? didnt know that

Ski behind him this season and you'll know all too well. Twin tips for Bob are good for skiing switch on my bad hip days. It sucks to ski with me those days cause I ski slow (hey, at least I get out there and ski) but switch keeps him busy while I putt around. Last year he hit a bunch of jumps but I think the last bad fall may have put an end to that. It wasn't as hardcore as Megan's (or yours for that matter) but it was enough to send him to the Dr. To this day he hurts if he sneezes hard.

Edited by sexkitten