Opening day..

librider

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people on this MB would trade a free week at Jackson Hole in exchange for 70 seconds of perfect skiing that covers less than 500 feet of vert.

:yes Me included.

I love the mountain formerly known as Montage because it's what skiing is about. Empty runs, great conditions, and just pure fun. I enjoy montage so much I don't even think or care about the lift ride.

That's why I ski at "little Alta". It's only 2k vertical, but it's skiing at its finest. The epitome of ski areas, most definitely.

:yes Me included.

I love the mountain formerly known as Montage because it's what skiing is about. Empty runs, great conditions, and just pure fun. I enjoy montage so much I don't even think or care about the lift ride.

That's why I ski at "little Alta". It's only 2k vertical, but it's skiing at its finest. The epitome of ski areas, most definitely.

The only day i was at montage last year, it was 0 degrees with a -10 degree wind chill. Believe me, the slow lift rides sucked ass.

But you were still having more fun than you are right now.

Of couse i was still having fun. Jeff made a statement about the slow lifts, saying they didnt' bother him. Well when it's that cold slow lifts suck. I didn't say anything about not having fun did I?

About the Jackson hole thing? Are you talking about riding here in Pa mid winter and Jackson mid winter, becuase honestly i think i'd take jackson over Pa. Now if i got to ride 500 ft of vert during the summer, or got a free jackson trip in the winter, id take the 500ft vert

I noticed on the Belleayre website that the Friday opening will not be decided until early Friday morning...this is from the website..

Opening November 24th!

(weather permitting)

snowphone will be updated by 6am Friday call before you come 800 942-6904

So I guess an hour into my drive I'll call that number and I guess Hunter would be my default for the 24th if Belleayre doesn't open..They should just pull the trigger and say they'll be open Friday...I hate maybes

yeah that is pretty stupid. Well if bell doesn't open it's off to crowded hunter

You would think they would know if they were going to open the night before. Is there going to be that much melt off over night, or are they waiting to groom until the last minute? If bellearye doesn't open on the 24th I will find out in the car. It may be Hunter or Windham at that point.

You would think they would know if they were going to open the night before. Is there going to be that much melt off over night, or are they waiting to groom until the last minute? If bellearye doesn't open on the 24th I will find out in the car. It may be Hunter or Windham at that point.

I wish we had some Belleayre locals on the forum so we could get an idea of how much snow they have already made for this weekend. The forecast there as well as here is so friggin sporadic with warm days and cold/semi cold nights arggg; Although according to the forcast for highmount it looks very promising that they'll be open for this weekend but I don't know if they will have enough snow to remain open as some rain and high temps will move in the following week so I hope that dosn't cause them to not open this weekend.

Of couse i was still having fun. Jeff made a statement about the slow lifts, saying they didnt' bother him. Well when it's that cold slow lifts suck. I didn't say anything about not having fun did I?

About the Jackson hole thing? Are you talking about riding here in Pa mid winter and Jackson mid winter, becuase honestly i think i'd take jackson over Pa. Now if i got to ride 500 ft of vert during the summer, or got a free jackson trip in the winter, id take the 500ft vert

Well, actually, you didn't say you were having fun 'now did you'? You said it sucked ass, or something. I'm not sure about the entire sucking ass thing. It's bad, right? Or is it really, really good?

Sorry to be so confusing about the 70 seconds and 500 vert. It's a reference to racing. There are indeed a bunch of people on this MB that would trade a week at JH to lay down two perfect runs in a PA Cup, or an ASRA, or whatever else. Hard to understand? That's fair. But what if you just happened to nail an off-axis 1440 dinner roll off a BB kicker, just after a TGR film crew had set up? And they got you from six angles and they needed a filler for the opening sequence of their next film? That's just a guess at what may or may not be important to you. But maybe you get my point.

But what if you just happened to nail an off-axis 1440 dinner roll off a BB kicker, just after a TGR film crew had set up? And they got you from six angles and they needed a filler for the opening sequence of their next film?

what!? you were there, i didnt see you. that was such a fun day. cant wait for the video

Actually it's' all about having fun like it always is and has been. Vert means nothing, but if you have fun on the other hand means something

Snowboarding/skiing to most people is a passion, not a statistic.

WORD DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what it is... thanks! :rock

Who else for sunday?

Very likely that we will be there

^but theres a free movie friday

i dont know many, saturday is looking like the day to go

thats the ticket!! BB Friday, Bell Sat, ??Sun

I know alot of bellaire locals anyone what their AIMs By the way whos all going to be there saturday.

Can you drive? I'm sleepy.

I will be going on Saturday.

JEAA!

if i cant find at least one person to go with me or someone to drive me up saturday im not going.

Uhhhh I got an extra seat. See if your mom will let you ride with us from CB. I met her at the BC festival last season.