Big Boulder

anthony

I'm pretty sure they're the first in PA to open.. I checked out www.7springs.com just to make sure and they are hoping to open this weekend..This will be my first time at Big Boulder since my very first time on skis in February of 1989 although I learned to ski for real at Blue 2 years later. I actually don't know how to get there..but I can mapquest it tomorrow...I'm thinking it's about 45-50 minutes from Allentown..I'm hoping to get mad steezy air...will I need to bring a shovel or will there be some booters???

If you're coming up from A-town, you might be better coming up the T-Pike and get off at the Lake Harmony exit. Two choices from there: (1) From the T-pike exit, you can turn left (east) onto 940 and go until you get to the red light. At the light, turn right and go through Split Rock (if you turn left you end up at JF). Be careful, because there are deer and windy turns and you have to pay attention to the small wording on the signs for BB, plus don't forget .25 for the private resort roads. (2) The least confusing way from the T-pike at Lake Harmony exit might be to get on I-80 exit 277 east until you get to exit 284 of 80, then follow the signs.

Last year, I talked to a lady at Blue who said she took a bunch of side roads from Lake Harmony, to get to Blue. I have no idea how that would be quicker.

Edited by bigdaddyk

taking back roads you can make it from blue to boulder in under 20 minutes. it usually takes me a little over half an hour to get to boulder, and i live about 10 miles from blue.

Care to share that back way?

Edit: If the back way involves going through broadheadsville to the I-80 on ramp at Tannersville, then never mind.

Edited by Glenn

taking back roads you can make it from blue to boulder in under 20 minutes. it usually takes me a little over half an hour to get to boulder, and i live about 10 miles from blue.

you have to go to 209 from blue then 115 then turn right on to 940 i think look at a map its not that hard and it does not take long at all

you have to go to 209 from blue then 115 then turn right on to 940 i think look at a map its not that hard and it does not take long at all

thanks. i dont know the names of any of the roads. all i know is go over the covered bridge, turn right at covered bridge inn, stay on that for a while, hang a left after some open grate bridge, stay on there a while, hang left then right real quick, and then some other stuff.

On mapquest the t-pike way is 47 minutes, 81 is listed at 52 minutes. We'll take the extra 5 minutes and not pay for tolls. We are poor teenagers :rock . But what's the speed limit on 115?

Most of 115 is 45, it hits 55 a couple times though.

Most of 115 is 45, it hits 55 a couple times though.

other way around, its mostly 55, but you can go as fast as you want as long as you watch out for a couple areas where there are 2 white lines in the road about 150 feet apart (vascar traps). I have never seen a state cop patrol 115..

Jordan

other way around, its mostly 55, but you can go as fast as you want as long as you watch out for a couple areas where there are 2 white lines in the road about 150 feet apart (vascar traps). I have never seen a state cop patrol 115..

Jordan

Alright thanks for the info, usually try to keep it no higher than 75 on 55mph roads. We'll probably be taking that route.