woah doggy

Stevo

the fact that you have to go up the stairs is ridiculous....

I have no problem with it if it keeps out the idiots. I normally don't strap in until i'm in the park anyway. So i'm sure i can find a way to hop up those stairs on one foot.

"Big Dog Booters"? Wow i don't even know what to say about that.

the fact that you have to go up the stairs is ridiculous....

Which is the exact same thing that we're hoping everyone on rentals, or with little kids, or the race team during training, or just people in general who shouldn't be in an expert level terrain park will say as they ski past them instead of mosying on down through the otherwise wide and easily accessible entrance to Sidewinder so that they can catch a foot of air off of every feature in the park. There is a beginner/intermediate park setup, and with the construction of the stairs that is where we are trying to steer people who that park would better service.

The steps are king of annoying cause I can barely carry my skis and poles from the car to the lodge let alone up a step or two but I can see why they did it. I saw them on Sunday and they looked kinda small. It'll be interesting to say the least. Maybe we can book off of the 6 pack and jump the steps. Just a thought.

The steps are king of annoying cause I can barely carry my skis and poles from the car to the lodge let alone up a step or two but I can see why they did it. I saw them on Sunday and they looked kinda small. It'll be interesting to say the least. Maybe we can book off of the 6 pack and jump the steps. Just a thought.

no offense... but if you find the steps annoying and you can barely carry your skis and poles... chances are you are one of the people that those steps are trying to keep out...

no offense though..

Ugh the stairs seem annoying. It might be less annoying for snowboarders but really annoying for skiers.

I seen the stair crap...are they just gonna have a fence or either sides or what? Also whats the possibilility of just skiing over the stairs? hahaha....I really don't feel like taking my skis off and putting them back on to go over like 4 stairs.

It takes 5 seconds to take off your skis...5 seconds to pick them up...5 seconds to walk up the steps..and 5 seconds to put them back on...20 seconds of extra time on each park lap seems worth it to have a less crowded park...give me a woo haa if you agree..

I guess you're right...the incovenience keeps people out, which is a good thing. I just hate stopping for stupid things...and after like 20 runs in the park its gonna get really annoying... I'm not a big fan of hiking either unless its mad crowded....but I guess it is for the best.

oh...and I forgot...WOOHAA

sorry, i'm gonna withhold my "woohaa" on this one cuz they could just as easily implement a park pass system like most other mountains with serious parks. or turn the stairs around and make it a mandatory air to enter the park. that'd be better.

i've always hated mtn creek cuz u have to take ur skis off to ride that gondola in their park. taking off ur gear doesnt seem like much trouble, but if you're lapping that park all day it is going to be annoying. and it leads to a huge buildup of people strapping in at the top, which makes the first few features really crowded. sorry to be negative nancy, but climbing stairs for every lap is a bit much.

no offense... but if you find the steps annoying and you can barely carry your skis and poles... chances are you are one of the people that those steps are trying to keep out...

no offense though..

I don't think you need to be able to gracefully carry your skis and poles in order to be good at hitting jumps and rails. Last I checked you do that with the skis on your feet not in your arms. Haha.

Seriously, I'm not offended, I'm just annoyed. I'll explain... I wear mittens so it's kinda hard to hold my skis and I have boobs which make getting my skis up on my shoulder a little difficult too. I usually use a strap for going to and from the mountain but obviously that's not going to work here. Quite frankly I think it's annoying to be forced click out and carry your skis when a pass and a checker would accomplish the same thing and be much more user friendly. Not that I am in favor of that either but it seems a more logical way to do what Blue is trying to do. Hey, next maybe Blue will put up a tunnel that you have to crawl through in order to ski/ ride Challenge. Ugh. Just make sure to look for the blonde girl falling off of the steps in the park. That will be me.

I think we should stop bickering about the stairs and see how they work. At least we will all stay in shape! lol Park will be sick. 2 weeks maybe? After Saturday temps are looking b-e-a-utiful. Lol last year I think they called the jumps "cheese wedge launches"

Edited by Rodeo Steve

I don't think you need to be able to gracefully carry your skis and poles in order to be good at hitting jumps and rails. Last I checked you do that with the skis on your feet not in your arms. Haha.

Seriously, I'm not offended, I'm just annoyed. I'll explain... I wear mittens so it's kinda hard to hold my skis and I have boobs which make getting my skis up on my shoulder a little difficult too. I usually use a strap for going to and from the mountain but obviously that's not going to work here. Quite frankly I think it's annoying to be forced click out and carry your skis when a pass and a checker would accomplish the same thing and be much more user friendly. Not that I am in favor of that either but it seems a more logical way to do what Blue is trying to do. Hey, next maybe Blue will put up a tunnel that you have to crawl through in order to ski/ ride Challenge. Ugh. Just make sure to look for the blonde girl falling off of the steps in the park. That will be me.

About that tunnel to crawl through to get to challenge... actually sounds like a really good idea.... I mean, do you forget what its like on weekends there? I'm still all for not allowing rentals on the double blacks.

I wear mittens so it's kinda hard to hold my skis and I have boobs which make getting my skis up on my shoulder a little difficult too. I usually use a strap for going..................

pictures please.... I have never once got a decent explanation on why park passes are not instituted.. I did hear that instead of stairs, that Blue was considering putting a death gap that you had to jump over to qualify being the park, no worries though, the gap had a trail from it leading to the beginner park

About that tunnel to crawl through to get to challenge... actually sounds like a really good idea.... I mean, do you forget what its like on weekends there? I'm still all for not allowing rentals on the double blacks.

I'm only doing the tunnel if I can be behind you.

pictures please.... I have never once got a decent explanation on why park passes are not instituted.. I did hear that instead of stairs, that Blue was considering putting a death gap that you had to jump over to qualify being the park, no worries though, the gap had a trail from it leading to the beginner park

That is a great idea. That way, the people who don't make it will fall hurt themselves. The injury alone will keep them out of the park for at least a season and the memory of the pain and suffering will be a great deterent once they are healed. Hey, maybe we'll get lucky and a few of the really dumb ones will die. That'll keep them our of OUR park forever. Perfect. Ugh. I never thought I'd say it... but if this is the alternative... passes please.

An explanation has been given many times. I guess management feels that stairs don't block of the trail in the same way a park pass would for the customers that Blue really tries to cater to, the families and people who come up one or two weekends a year and spend a lot of money on rentals, food, etc etc etc.......

it was a joke... <_< Besides, like you said you have boobs, whats the matter with you? do we have to show you everything? like how to use them? I don't see why you don't have all the park rats carrying your skis, getting you hot cocoa, giving step by step instructions, wiping your goggles, etc etc etc Hell I bet you could have them scrapping the snow from your boots for that matter...... :rolleyes:

Blue really tries to cater to, the families and people who come up one or two weekends a year and spend a lot of money on rentals, food, etc etc etc.......

wow... then I guess the noob trench really would work. wow , that sucks then cause sooner or later someone is really gonna get wrecked.

it was a joke... <_< Besides, like you said you have boobs, whats the matter with you? do we have to show you everything? like how to use them? I don't see why you don't have all the park rats carrying your skis, getting you hot cocoa, giving step by step instructions, wiping your goggles, etc etc etc Hell I bet you could have them scrapping the snow from your boots for that matter...... :rolleyes:

I love you Papa.

You make a good point. I guess I need a tighter ski jacket so that my devoted fans can see the girls and be inspired to tend to my every need. Maybe I could have them carry me through the steps on their boards so that I don't have to be bothered. Haha.

OR... maybe there could just be passes and we could skip the steps altogether. Seriously, I saw the steps and they did not look user friendly. All joking aside... the kids and teens who think the park is the "super cool" place to be and who get in the way and don't use the features properly will have no qualms about detaching from their equipment and climbing a set of stairs. It will help a little with the parents and kids and I know that wood, paint and screws are much cheaper than implementing and enforcing a park pass program but it's kind of ridiculous. Just my two cents.