TR - 12/20/06

snorovr

today was definately fun, i was up for morning/ a little into the afternoon. falls was fun. highlight would be finding an older gentleman laying on the bottom part of lazy mile. took me and this other dude a good solid 5 minuits to help him up. it felt good to do a good deed.other then that it was pretty uneventful. that wierd box on come around was fun too i guess sort of?

I left for blue as soon as I got out of school today because I had to do stuff around 6. I got there on the mountain at 2:40 and skied until about 5. Met up with Doug for my last few runs. Lazy Mile was a combination of things, but was mainly sugary. On the outside of it there was scraped off snow. Falls was pretty solid tonight. They blew snow on only the trails they had opened it looked like last night. On the lift ride up on the 6 pack I saw a cow and pointed it out to Doug. He said thats what toast or someone said about "got milk".

I'm thinking I'll go again tomorrow night. If they blow again tonight, the conditions should be even better. I hope it gets cold soon so that they can start to open up more terrain, but if they can't I won't complain with what they have open.

No need to worry about any trails not getting opened. Long term forecast is showing a very cold trend moving in right around Christmas, with highs right at freezing and lows in the mid teens. I know, I know, it's a long term forecast and probably not all that accurate, but at least it's not jumping all around...if you look at the chart at the bottom its just a steady drop and then straight line(temp).

Good to hear that blue is blowing again...they were having some shitstains accumulating on sunday on Lazy Mile. Main street looked pretty good though.

My guess is the next trails to open would be switchback and razors...they had some patches of blown snow on switchback, and a good lower 1/2 of razors had mad snow on it...big ungroomed piles. Up towards the top there was just patches but snow none the less.

Justin, I think you mean challenge and not razors. Its easy to mix them up since they are side by side.

Doug, we fogot to mention that low flying plane :rofl I swore it wasn't going to make it over the mountain. For a minute I thought it was Danger using up his introductory flight. Then I realized he was in Vermont :lol:

Edited by skifreak

That's great news..Once they get Razors open..I'm skiing Lazy Mile anymore..wow I've skied that run alot so far this season...same with Main Street..

They haven't blown snow on Razors yet this season...do you mean Challenge? They haven't blown snow on Switchback yet..for a self-proclaimed nerd..you don't know what you're talking about.. :nana You need to pick up a trail map..

wtf did i just say...

i meant lower sidewinder instead of switchback...i wasnt thinking clearly...and yes challenge not razors...i feel like i should go jump off a bridge. i wont be able to live with my misunderstanding of someplace oh so sacred such as blue mt :unsure::crymore::banghead :banghead

hahaha i feel like such a retard now

Got there at 730 cause i drug my feet getting up there tonight. ICE ICE ICE. Man was it icy, and not too much fun on a park board that is ridiculously dull. Took a few minor spills on lazy since i couldn't get an edge to dig into that stuff. Then tried out the park only to find out everything there was even icier. So i hit it once and left. Can't wait for some more runs to open!