Dear Camelback

Ski

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the resolution:

I was contacted by the marketing director, who is also the CB rep on PASR. I was cool with him, because he's been cool with PASR. He also let my post stand on the CB MB, which was pretty surprising, 'though I did clean up the f bombs. Even if it's been deleted now---I don't care to check---thousand's of people saw it during the busiest time for their MB.

Anyway, he asked for me to give full details of what happened, which I did---again, only because he's been cool here...he asked for my input for future training purposes, which wasn't really something I felt like being used for, but I gave it.

Bottom line was that he apologized and wants to hook me up with a lift ticket. That doesn't come close to making up for the skier services manager mocking me and calling me a liar, then making me pay for my 45" tall kid.

The only thing I'd see as a true gesture would be for CB to refund any balance they did not for Shadow's season pass last year. A CB rep can deal directly with Shadows, I don't want anything out of it.

Oh, and the skier services guy that I dealt with? The one I asked to speak with his manager, but he told me HE was the manager? The one who called me a liar? He isn't the manager. He lied. That comes from a CB rep that investigated the matter.

The only thing I'd see as a true gesture would be for CB to refund any balance they did not for Shadow's season pass last year. A CB rep can deal directly with Shadows, I don't want anything out of it.

thank you ski. its not always me or papa who is sayin shit about cb. it happens all the time.

but theres a difference between policy, and not actually enforcing it. the policy on me was 80% back, which is what i got.

i wouldnt mind my other 20% though :)

Edited by Shadows

Just an open letter to any CB rep:

I was at a friends house this afternoon when my oldest found out some friends were going to be at CB tonight. So I used my friend's phone to find out the policy for little kid's tickets. We had planned on dropping my oldest off, then skiing BB, since I figured their conditions would be better and I'm not a big fan of paying for Pocono lift tickets after having purchased season passes at our still closed mountain.

So here's the conversation I had with the CB employee:

Me: Hi, I just wanted to know how much it is for little kids.

CB: Hold on...(three minute pause)sorry to keep you waiting...children under 46 inches are free with a paying adult.

Me: Oh, great, so I just come to the ticket window?

CB: Hold on...(three minute pause)...hello? You must purchase your adult ticket, then come inside the office just to the left of the main ticket windows.

Me: Thanks very much!

Later that day, around 7:30pm, I bought my ticket, then went inside with my 45" child. The guy behind the counter told me the following:

"She may be 45 inches tall, but you should have checked the website. It's under 46 inches with ski boots."

Me: "I wasn't on the computer, but spoke with someone in this office and came here instead of Big Boulder, where she would have skied free. I did EXACTLY what the girl told me to do. Why wouldn't your employee have told me that it was with ski boots on? I wouldn't have paid for a lift ticket to ski for an hour."

CB: "Well, what was the name of the person you talked to?"

Me: "How the fuck am I supposed to remember? And will it make a differenc if I do remember?"

CB: "I just don't believe someone didn't tell you the correct height requirement."

Me: "So you think I came here looking to try and bitch my way into a free lift6 ticket? You think I'm lying?"

CB: "That's certainly possible."

Me: "You are a fucking asshole. I'll go buy the $22 lift ticket for her, but it's the last fucking ticket I'll ever buy at Camelback."

So, if a mountain rep reads this, I just want you to know it's truly the last fucking lift ticket I'll have ever bought at CB. Bait and switch is a crime. NYC camera dealers went to jail for exactly what you fuckers did tonight. I hope you really stretch that extra $22 you scored tonight.

Last word to CB: scumbags.

Not thats f__ing wrong.....what pricks......Shove a snow gun up CB's ass and crank it on full blast...If they treat customers like that the hell with me ever going back..and to think I was there not to long ago.........my mind has been changed

On my way out an "ambassador" gave me a surprised "had enough already?", so I explained to her that I was dissappointed with only 2/3 trails and was amazed that they could charge full price for this. She smiled and explained that they sold 3,000 ticket .

That sounds like the same woman who asked my kids if they had a good time and why they were stopping early, she looked puzzled when they just stared at her. I apologized that they got 70 days on the snow and that they had to ski at CB in the mornings and that we were headed to "BB"

only because he's been cool here...he asked for my input for future training purposes, which wasn't really something I felt like being used for, but I gave it.

Bottom line was that he apologized and wants to hook me up with a lift ticket. That doesn't come close to making up for the skier services manager mocking me and calling me a liar, then making me pay for my 45" tall kid.

That guy can't be flustered, I have done my best. Yeah he is cool and is always level headed IMO. Yeah, training, I heard that Bullshit last season about revamping customer service blah blah blah.

A freakin lift ticket? a ticket? Gimme an f'n break. Since your girl would be skiing for free anyhow, they should give her and you a photo pass for the season so there is no more hassle, plus she will have a great souvenier. After all CB is not your home mountain. Passes are the only thing that is fair. a lift ticket, jeeeeez craig, you are the marketing director, smarten up!

Edited by Papasteeze

Nice report Timeless..but looking at the Camelback webpage you would know that they only have 2 routes open.....

Not true, with the same " 9 trails" the previous days (like christmas eve) you could go left or right from the top of the quad, giving you 4 routes down (cleos or marc anthony to honeymoon lane,tut's or birches to the meadows) it may not seem like much more but it was double the options and in reality it's the difference between one decent run and 2, they should only really have been claiming 5 trails (incuding the bunny hill).

A freakin lift ticket? a ticket? Gimme an f'n break. Since your girl would be skiing for free anyhow, they should give her a photo pass for the season so there is no more hassle, plus she will have a great souvenier. A pass is the only thing that is fair. a lift ticket, jeeeeez craig, you are the marketing director, smarten up!

probably all he has the power to give, looks like a typical situation where a genuinely well meaning middle manager who atually seem like a nice guy is strangled by overbearing upper management and can't do the right thing.

I call BS on that YummerzZz. Every single JFBB employee that I asked said that he/she was super excited to not have to work on Christmas. Noone should work on Christmas. Noone wants to even if it does mean snagging an extra forty bucks on the paycheck. Ya it sucks for those of us who would have liked to be able to ride there on Christmas, but honestly I don't blame them for closing.

Hey fluffy I call BS x2 on u PPL love X-mas out there......its the best, u gotta realize, alot the ppl mostly r new peeps.....and like playing god, like half even got a real clue whats it bout

Doug: You've been waiting for this post.

Alright, consider me pissed. Finally.

Here's how we know the apocolypse is upon us- Ski and Papasteeze have united in a cause peacefully. Camelback must be THAT bad.

I love Camelback. I love the terrain, I love the mountain, I love the lodges, I love the employees in the food court, the rental shop, and some other places around the mountain. BUT- thank god I have never had that kind of thing happen to me. Ski, I can't believe that CB is still standing. I would have burnt the place down with that bait and switch BS.

If only there was a mountain around here that had a nice atmosphere, decent terrain, and strong management.

As you all know, I would be the last to jump on the "I hate CB" bandwagon. This has truly done it, though. I know from personal experience that Ski is a pretty classy individual who treats people respectfully (for the most part), especially when his daughter is around. There is no way that I can imagine him being out of line in this situation. Maybe since I'll be moving this summer I'll get a pass at Bear Creek next year... hmm... or maybe Elk or Sno if I move north... but I really think I might be done with CB at this point. I'll ski there the rest of the year, but they're really going to have to impress me if they want my season pass business next year.

I honestly have to say that I've never had a single problem with blue...in all my years of skiing and snowboarding. Besides ego freaks like Mark Miller and Seth Rubino, I've never had a problem with staff, lifts, terrain, parks, etc. The only problems I've had were due to nature and not the mountains fault.

CB dug a hole pretty deep, and they keep trying to get out but just cant. They took it up a notch with park passes, but brought it down again with shitty opening dates and poor excuses....not as bad as sno though...

..not as bad as sno though...

I think Sno gets a mulligan this year. Who knows how it would have gone had those asshole lawyers not been all over them for 6 months. They got the OK to proceed when? October at the earliest.

I still don't think Camelback can be half as bad as Mountain Creek, but they certaintly do a lot of stupid things. I won't jump on the hate on Camelback bandwagon (although I probably won't go there) because my ski hate is so focused on Intrawest's asshole-ness. You really can't top the bullshit they pull. Camelback pulled 3k tickets yesterday. Mountain Creek most likely topped that. Mountain Creek has only 1 trail, top to bottom, with no splits except for a terrain park with 2 features. Yea, imagine THAT crap. And they're charging full price for tickets. At least camelback has 2 ways down.

Just a quick note. On Wednesday, Marc Anthony, Upper Cleo, Honeymoon, and Spinx were being groomed until 9 AM because they wanted an extra hour to make snow on them. They were opened at 9.

Even so the return to the quad looked like a couple of inches of slush, did they drag snow down from higher up the trail to cover this? They were not blowing on this area at all.

I was leaving at 9.

I had a great day at Jack Frost today, better snow, more trails, less people. It cost me 80 bucks when I have a valid season pass to CB and I dont care, what does that tell you.

As Cheese-boy said I was (and still am) a CB person, but the recent efforts have been pretty poor by comparison to the other resorts.

Even so the return to the quad looked like a couple of inches of slush, did they drag snow down from higher up the trail to cover this? They were not blowing on this area at all.

I was leaving at 9.

I had a great day at Jack Frost today, better snow, more trails, less people. It cost me 80 bucks when I have a valid season pass to CB and I dont care, what does that tell you.

As Cheese-boy said I was (and still am) a CB person, but the recent efforts have been pretty poor by comparison to the other resorts.

Yo timeless I work up at cb and we havnt met yet

Wow... Dennis, they let you wear the blue coat? Thats for the good instructors... hehe. I think CB should get nice riding jackets for the snowboard school... anyways, not to be a thread jack..

actually, i really haven't met too many people from CB... now that I think of it.

Stop laughing at me...in that picture I can see where all the Molsons, Labatt Blues, Budweisers, and Guinnesses went...along with the late night Pizza Hut and 4th meals from Taco Bell when I had a case of the munchies..

Okay, a few less six packs version...

Stop using PASR as a dating service Dennis :banghead

Ah my B

Wow... Dennis, they let you wear the blue coat? Thats for the good instructors... hehe. I think CB should get nice riding jackets for the snowboard school... anyways, not to be a thread jack..

actually, i really haven't met too many people from CB... now that I think of it.

Everyone from ski school rocks the blue jackets. And I belive we met once last year.

Ski,I understand you being pissed off,as I would have been myself.But why send them to JFBB???A place that care's even less about their customer's and employee's???The king's of bait and switch...Parklogic,Shawn+Julian,etc.!!!Lying to everyone to get their hard-earned season pass money....shame on you Peak!!!!!!!Here's a rundown on some of the change's at JFBB this year if you all didn't know yet.

1.Fire Parklogic prematurely

2.Eliminate the Super 7/5 season pass

3.Get rid of daycare at JFBB and throw out the playground equipment for the kiddy's

4.Raise up all the season pass price's substancially

5.Eliminate passholder preferred parking lot's

6.Implement passholder validation(Which you all just LOVE I bet!)

7.Eliminate passholder food/retail discount's

8.Charge $100 for the "priviledge of walking onto the slope's" VIP pass

9.Raise cafeteria food price's quite a bit

10.Lower quality...yes lower quality snowmaking/grooming

11.Eliminate the pre-christmas $25.00 lift ticket

12.Less hour's and day's of operation(JF closed christmas,BB opening later)

Well I'm getting tired of typing,but you get the point,there is more.I won't even get started of how they are hurting the employee's,I'll leave that for another time.Send them to Blue Mountain instead Ski,I never had nothing but stellar service and goodtime's there.Or Sno Mountain when they open.Or Elk,you get the picture.

you forgot that they no longer offer morning tickets