Constructive Criticism for blue's park

Stevo

Just more area for people to jump off the sides. We're kinda hopin' the steps solve this problem.

Well look at it this way.

Present

Gaper: "look at that narrow jump before that rail"

Gaper2: "we'll have to go off the side of that one , just to make sure we don't hit it"

Wider lips

Gaper: "wow, there's a lot of room to go off of that jump straight"

Gaper2: "i think we'll clear the rail fine"

You can start with a narrow lip, and have the idiots narrow it by riding over it, like we do now. I think if the Lips were a lot wider, even if they did make it narrower, there would still be a decent lip. And if they do decide to use it the wrong way, they don't have to really go off the side, but instead they can go straight off of it. Granted, it's wrong, but at least the features will stay somewhat nicer...

If the good idea is to make narrow lips, and it isn't so great- look at what everyone else is doing. Big Boulder to name a few...

If your park is small, like it was, have people taking care of it. I can understand if it is small. But if it is small and poorly maintained that is a problem. That means two guys out there, and if they need to close down a rail to shovel in the bomb hole after the landing, do it for a while. I'd rather have 3 rails setup well than 5 setup badly.

wider lips sound good... with the wider trail, also have 2 or 3 rails set up side by side so that people have an option, cutting down on lines, and spreading out traffic on the lip and landing for every rail.

as far as jumps go, with the sort of handicapped snow condition that well probably be facing, id rather see 2 or 3 good jumps well built than 5 or 6 crappers.. knah mean?

wider lips sound good... with the wider trail, also have 2 or 3 rails set up side by side so that people have an option, cutting down on lines, and spreading out traffic on the lip and landing for every rail.

as far as jumps go, with the sort of handicapped snow condition that well probably be facing, id rather see 2 or 3 good jumps well built than 5 or 6 crappers.. knah mean?

A jump line With 3 tabletops would be sweet :rock:chea:

i think that wider lips would be nice...but i think that cheese wedges like last year are a better basic design then table tops, table tops just allow people to roll over the lips. Table tops in Terrain Run but not sidewinder. I also like the option idea where there are lots of choices at any one particular place. Also, the boxes at blue kinda seem lacking, some are pretty sketchy...

I personally love the jumps.. If you cant hit them thats your problem. Just cause you cant hit the jump doesnt mean other people cant. But yeah I think thats one thing we all agree on with Blue is better lips for rails. I give Boulder mad props on how the lips were for there rails. Maintanence wise.. Once we get some snow and its actually worth fixing then we will see how they do. I dont blame them for not fixing the landing on the jump cause its not like a 40ft gap where you are really gonna get messed up.. Come -around is no place for a park and we all know that.

The two things I would ask for would be wider lips for rails (that would be raked and salted on a regular basis) and less money on circus rails, more spent on realistic stock rails. Actually, the whole "raked and salted" thing can be applied to all features, including jumps and landings.

Just more area for people to jump off the sides. We're kinda hopin' the steps solve this problem.

You're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I personally love the jumps.. If you cant hit them thats your problem. Just cause you cant hit the jump doesnt mean other people cant.

There's a big difference between lacking skill to hit a jump and not wanting to hit it because it isn't maintained and/or built properly.

look at what everyone else is doing. Big Boulder to name a few...

Ya that was nice the first day I was up there when the gapers were not yet out for the season. Every visit since people have been gettin' their one or two feet of air off of every part of the lip, and most seem to think the closer they jump to the rail the more dangerous/extreme the move is. Snow quality has a bit to do with how easy it is to keep the features up too. They normally give everything a fresh coating when they can, and the snow they blow is packable and movable without heavy machinery.

You're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Beatin' a dead horse man. It's what we've been given. Hopefully it does something...

Chances are, none of this banter will ever make it to the park crew, so why bother?

wrong. chances are, the person who you just posted after is on park crew and runs the freeride program. and chances are, there are many more people from park crew who view this site and dont post. so keep giving suggestions.

....build up landings to their jumps. i would like thier jumps if they had landings they are pretty big, but no landing.

...use salt in their jumps onto rails it makes them nice and hard they wont get rutted out as easily.

....wider is better more room to butter on.

....wider lips sound good...

....2 or 3 rails set up side by side so that people have an option

...with the sort of handicapped snow condition that well probably be facing, id rather see 2 or 3 good jumps well built than 5 or 6 crappers.. knah mean?

...better lips for rails. I give Boulder mad props on how the lips were for there rails.

.....Maintanence wise.. Once we get some snow and its actually worth fixing

....wider lips for rails (that would be raked and salted on a regular basis)

....and less money on circus rails, more spent on realistic stock rails. Actually, the whole "raked and salted" thing can be applied to all features, including jumps and landings.

Just summing up the main points...

Chances are, none of this banter will ever make it to the park crew, so why bother?

Chances are, you're wrong. The head of park crue reads this from time to time, and even posts from time to time (the user name is "park crue" if you haven't already caught on ;) ) They were even asking for suggestions from their myspace friends, where they specifically mentioned all the bullshitting that's been going on "on paskiandride".

Edited by Stevo

There's a big difference between lacking skill to hit a jump and not wanting to hit it because it isn't maintained and/or built properly.

exactly. there were probably two jumps at any given time at blue that were worth risking my knees and ankles hitting out of the 5 or 6 that were built. the jump that was at an angle next to the "70" footer was usually decent, and the small tables higher up on sidewinder, when they were two in a row were fun for a few days, the hip was sick the first day it was built til it got trashed, and the stepup near the top was fun for a few days, but thats about it. nothing had landings anywhere near big enough to accomidate a safe margin of error on any of those jumps, the "70" in particular. that landing should have been 3-4 times as long as it was, and much steeper. most of us didnt hit that thing because it really just wasnt safe. i've hit stuff just as big before with no problem, but the jumps at blue, for various reasons last year, were not really safe to try and learn new tricks on. most of it was due to snow quality. a slightly mellow landing is tolerable if you are landing on nice fresh soft snow, but when the park only gets the guns when conditions get super sketchy like the case last year, landings turn to ice, and falling 20 feet to a not steep enough icy landing is not fun. give trevor and the rest of park crew some nice snow to work with thats actually sculptable and blue's park could potentially be amazing due to the amount of area they have to work with.

Give me 3 medium size (like 25 foot) jumps right in a row rather than one 70 footer. Rhythm sections are key, and if anyone wants to film - a sick shot is when you setup a tripod above the first jump, and film the guy land 3 tricks in a row without the camera moving. That would be nicer than one shot on a 70 footer.

Just summing up the main points...

Chances are, you're wrong. The head of park crue reads this from time to time, and even posts from time to time (the user name is "park crue" if you haven't already caught on ;) ) They were even asking for suggestions from their myspace friends, where they specifically mentioned all the bullshitting that's been going on "on paskiandride".

Yes I listen to this banter once in a while. Going up there tonite with Sabia to help Danny set up Come around.

Hope we have plenty of snow. :tinfoil:

finally get to go back home to blue mtn the true mtn. make something fun for us keith!

It was a quick job as there was so much else to groom and push around We will be back asap to fine tune some of the lips and stuff. Cannot wait to build Sidewinder and Terrain Run. Seems like the weather is finally starting to behave.

Edited by Park Crue

It was a quick job as there was so much else to groom and push around We will be back asap to fine tune some of the lips and stuff. Cannot wait to build Sidewinder and Terrain Run. Seems like the weather is finally starting to behave.

what you had up today was fun for only having a few hours to make everything. the takeoffs for the jumps were really nice. build those types of takeoffs for the 30-60 footers on sidewinder and that would be awesome