Bouldaa 1-20-07

Shadows

im tired so this report is kinda lacking but whatever.

went up there from 830 to 12. hooked up with megan. that was pretty much it haha.

merry widow is really sick. nice wide lips to the jumps. good sized hips, left side hip to right side hip. pretty cool.

raced megan fakie and lost (let her win) haha

sprained my thumb, its huge now.

the snow is incredible. went from bb to blue in the same day...holy crap. bb actually has snow, blue has cement.

Yea, Cold as hell, a little ice patches here and there but for the most part it was real nice. The ice was a non factor as there wasn't enough to effect your riding, just would catch you off guard once in a while. Park creww was right on top of fixing the park up right till the end of the night. They were blowing piles where the pipe it going to go, so i am guessing by next week they should have a pipe.

bb was really nice yesterday, sunday.. they are blowing so much snow. those guns really produce some quality snow.

BTW what is planned for the area next to the observation deck on boulder, anyone know?

It was so fun. Papa I am sure I am ruining your rep when you hang out with me (haha). God I sucked on Bunny's elbow. I have to practice more. I dont know why It felt so steep. We'll be back in 2 weeks.

bb was really nice yesterday, sunday.. they are blowing so much snow. those guns really produce some quality snow.

BTW what is planned for the area next to the observation deck on boulder, anyone know?

bottom half of snowdrift just like it was last year?

It was so fun. Papa I am sure I am ruining your rep when you hang out with me (haha). God I sucked on Bunny's elbow. I have to practice more. I dont know why It felt so steep. We'll be back in 2 weeks.

hahaha naaaaaaaa.. it's all good if you love the snow, I have the patience. sorry I can't be more help with linking turns. Time for a lesson? BTW - next time Ridge is at BB he will likely be on a board, I am thinking seriously about dusting mine off.

bottom half of snowdrift just like it was last year?

I wish I knew trail names.. it would be cool for the snow skates, would you have to hike to it?

Unless if they change it from last year, it just another trail (snow drift). It was actually kind of fun today. Somewhat ungroomed. I like that they have to openings onto it this year. Coming in from draufganger is better, because you can go between more of the pine trees.

Probably your own personal parking area so your lazy whiny ass won't have to walk. Since it's at JFBB it will be of the highest quality according to your askewed demented logic.

Ya but I'll let it slide for right now. Any other personal attacks and its ban time.

Mean? C'mon it wasn't that bad. Considering his behavior especially.

For instance, pappacheeze has been hijacking all the threads in the CB forum way too much. You can't even ask how conditions are without him whining about something. Hey we all understand he has his issues and God knows we have all heard what they are. If he wants to start a "reasons why I hate camelback" thread then fine. We don't need him turning every thread into that or attacking anyone with a positive opinion of CB.

Edited by Skizilla

We don't need him turning every thread into that or attacking anyone with a positive opinion of CB.

You MIGHT find an example where I called out someone first, but I doubt it. 98% of the time it is people like you who name me personally in a post and then I reply, a perfect example is your post above. Why are you talking about CB and me in a BB thread anyhow?

Boulder was mad cold on 1-20-07, 1-21 was the better day.

You MIGHT find an example where I called out someone first, but I doubt it. 98% of the time it is people like you who name me personally in a post and then I reply, a perfect example is your post above. Why are you talking about CB and me in a BB thread anyhow?

Boulder was mad cold on 1-20-07, 1-21 was the better day.

[/quote

x2. Stephen lost his mind by the time we were walking to the parking lot. He couldn't carry his skis, started crying and said his hands were frozen. whew...sometimes I can't wait until they are a little older.

To be fair kids gloves aren't nearly as warm as adult ones. Almost all kid winter clothes are horribly constructed because the cost is low and they get replaced annually for the most part - and they don't expect kids to be out in the brutally cold like adults do. At least at my shop - we carry great stuff but the kids gear just isn't even close.

thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. For as cold as it was they both did pretty good. They had 8 runs (4 then a break then another 4). On a good day I can get 12-14 out of them. It's just kind of a hassle at this age to get them all dressed in layers of clothes, boot up, go to the mountain and by the time I feel warmed up they want to take their first break or go home.