Freaking free style skiers Grumble grumble

skidude

Saturday night I got taken outtt by a twintipper on the bottom of margies. Arcing back and forth on the bottom section (under the lift) and someone comes up and gets me from behind on the outside of my turn (I think you actully have to try to hit someone on the outside of there turn).

We both went down, and slid quite a bit (I wasn't going slow, and he was straight lining, as I saw the tracks from the lift).

If you were the a$$ I want another GS pole :crymore:

Grumble grumble maybe it was just a guy who bent both his tails from bombing down trails in the back seat.

But they were '07 K2s Fugatives and he was probably 17-20 ish...

Like Toast said, that means nothing about whether it was a freestyle skier. Thats kinda like saying someone who drives a nice german car is automatically a good driver, it may or may not be true. That sucks you got hit though man! I like to hit back if at all possible, and don't forget that liftline dominoes is not a frowned upon way of getting back at someone for f**king up your run.

he intends freestyle skier to mean one that utilizes freestyle skis. i hope you are alright. a pole is a small price to pay.

:werd

Although for as long as I have been skiing, I am still going to say he was a free styler. Not a very good one, but I am still willing to put my money on him spending atleast 1/2 his time in the park (By the way he skied)...

Saturday night I got taken outtt by a twintipper on the bottom of margies. Arcing back and forth on the bottom section (under the lift) and someone comes up and gets me from behind on the outside of my turn (I think you actully have to try to hit someone on the outside of there turn).

We both went down, and slid quite a bit (I wasn't going slow, and he was straight lining, as I saw the tracks from the lift).

If you were the a$ I want another GS pole :crymore:

You need to work on your slow deliberate turns. PM Papasteeze for more info about smart style.

:werd

Although for as long as I have been skiing, I am still going to say he was a free styler. Not a very good one, but I am still willing to put my money on him spending atleast 1/2 his time in the park (By the way he skied)...

what do you mean 'by the way he skied'?? skiing in the park is no different than on a regular trail, with the exception of the jumps and rails.

I would have to say the people with no skills at riding but spend all day in the park are most likely going to be snowboarders because they are usually skateboarders or people who are trying to be cool. So they can't really ride but want to do stuff in the park. Rarely do you see people who are bad skiers but trying the park. Freeskiing hasn't blown up into the mainstream media like snowboarding has. Plus - to get twin tips you usually have to buy your gear instead of renting it so that usually sets out the serious skiers from the non serious. Anyone can rent a snowboard for the season and go into the park and unless you know boards well it would be indistinguishable from a really expensive board. I ride around on a (sticker price) $800 board that has a top sheet that is basically just solid blue, and the base is solid black - just like all the rental boards from my shop that cost a small fraction of it. If you compare the rental skis we have to twin tip free style skis - they are obviously different.

not to say the guy wasn't an asshole, just saying most people on twin tips don't fall into the suck at riding/ok at park category

Unless mommy or daddy got them the skis and they have no business riding them. :confused:dunno:thumbdown:upyers

Few parents do - it requires more decisions and more %%. Twins come as flat skis so you have to pick a binding. If you go with a regular ski the binding is a system and they don't have to make a decision, and the sticker price includes binding. About 1/3 - 1/4 of our inventory is twin tip (park & back country type non park twin tips) but we almost never sell them as gifts or for beginners. Actually we have entirely too many womens twin tip all mountain and park so I was pushing that to teenage girls just for the cool factor, but twin tips are still a harder sell.

I would have to say the people with no skills at riding but spend all day in the park are most likely going to be snowboarders because they are usually skateboarders or people who are trying to be cool.

Agreed.

I think I made a post about this a few weeks ago, but I can't remember and I can't find it. If I did and you know where it is, send me the link, I'd like to see if I got any angry responses...

what do you mean 'by the way he skied'?? skiing in the park is no different than on a regular trail, with the exception of the jumps and rails.

The way they ski. If you put a park rat, racer, and ski patroler in the same jacket, don't you think you could tell who did what?

The way they ski. If you put a park rat, racer, and ski patroler in the same jacket, don't you think you could tell who did what?

I guess if you found people that fitted the stereotypes then maybe.

B)

Some patrollers have racing experience so you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell them from racers. Likewise some park rats also may have raced when younger.

I guess if you found people that fitted the stereotypes then maybe.

B)

Some patrollers have racing experience so you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell them from racers. Likewise some park rats also may have raced when younger.

Yes, but how many racers ski like free stylers, and how many free stylers ski like racers?

Sure there are exceptions. Either way all I am saying is I do believe the guy who hit me to be a freestyle skier (take that how you want to). He was on Twintips and skied with his legs togther...

Grumble grumble maybe it was just a guy who bent both his tails from bombing down trails in the back seat.

im between 17-20, was there saturday night, and have 07 fujis. But I did not hit you, i was in the pipe a lot of the day and night

Or Finken or Jacques. You guys get matching skis on purpose?

Thats kinda like saying someone who drives a nice german car is automatically a good driver, it may or may not be true.

V-Dub. I'm confident behind the wheel, but not cocky about it. :wiggle

Noticed a huge trend at Steamboat last week. It seemed as though every 17-20 yr old guy in the lift lines was on twin tips but the park was empty all week? :confused Now why would that be? OH and DUDE........ you should have seen all the Team Summit Kids in the park on there SL this and that before and after the race.

But I am still willing to put my money on him spending atleast 1/2 his time in the park (By the way he skied)...

You need to get out more, take a look around a little better. You got hit by once a weekender trying to pass a racer who skis the slopes like he is the only one on it.