Mon. Feb. 5 - Dawn Patrol

SkiCamelback

A few weeks ago it was 60 degrees -- this morning it was below ZERO at CB!!

Everything is open EXCEPT for the LG PARK and PIPE. LG is recieving another round of snowmaking. The Rhodo Park and the Big Pipe are both open. The Oakley Rail Jam Quarter Pipe in Sunbowl is still in place for your jibbing pleasure. Bumps continue on Rocket, and reports are that the slope is a little scratched off. If Bumps are what your looking for -- Lower Cleo might be the route.

Conditions are packed pow, with very good coverage. Crowds should be light because it's Monday and cold.

If you like packed pow, and no crowds and nearly exclusive use of a Quarter Pipe, Today is your Day!!

Please take measures to protect yourselves from frost bite -- you don't know you got it until it's too late...

A few weeks ago it was 60 degrees -- this morning it was below ZERO at CB!!

Everything is open EXCEPT for the LG PARK and PIPE. LG is recieving another round of snowmaking. The Rhodo Park and the Big Pipe are both open. The Oakley Rail Jam Quarter Pipe in Sunbowl is still in place for your jibbing pleasure. Bumps continue on Rocket, and reports are that the slope is a little scratched off. If Bumps are what your looking for -- Lower Cleo might be the route.

Conditions are packed pow, with very good coverage. Crowds should be light because it's Monday and cold.

If you like packed pow, and no crowds and nearly exclusive use of a Quarter Pipe, Today is your Day!!

Please take measures to protect yourselves from frost bite -- you don't know you got it until it's too late...

If you dont get enough people today are you going to start closing trails again like you did Sunday afternoon? :angry::angry:

WTF was that about :angry:

Conditions this weekend were excellent and I was actually enjoying the crowds diminishing though the afternoon, my kids and I were looking forward to a good evening of muppet-free skiing over on the east side. Then the slower lifts stop running, no problem with that, it's understandable given the low number of people. Then we are told as we get off the quad to head down "cheesers" because "we are closing down the east side, but it's OK because the rest of the mountain is still open"

Message to CB as a paying customer "IT'S NOT OK TO CLOSE HALF THE HILL BECAUSE YOUR STAFF WANT TO WATCH A FOOTBALL GAME" :angry:

OK, rant over, the conditions on Saturday and Sunday morning, and even Sunday afternoon were excellent, especially on the steeper stuff.

If you dont get enough people today are you going to start closing trails again like you did Sunday afternoon? :angry::angry:

WTF was that about :angry:

Conditions this weekend were excellent and I was actually enjoying the crowds diminishing though the afternoon, my kids and I were looking forward to a good evening of muppet-free skiing over on the east side. Then the slower lifts stop running, no problem with that, it's understandable given the low number of people. Then we are told as we get off the quad to head down "cheesers" because "we are closing down the east side, but it's OK because the rest of the mountain is still open"

Message to CB as a paying customer "IT'S NOT OK TO CLOSE HALF THE HILL BECAUSE YOUR STAFF WANT TO WATCH A FOOTBALL GAME" :angry:

OK, rant over, the conditions on Saturday and Sunday morning, and even Sunday afternoon were excellent, especially on the steeper stuff.

They've never done that before. :banghead

They've never done that before. :banghead

Yeah, it winds me up so badly when they do stuff like this. If it wasn't for the extra drive and the fact that it seems Blue's grooming / snow quality seems so much worse, I would move our passes to Blue next year. (I'm basing this on the reports from you guys lately, not on my opinions). Maybe JF though....

Yeah, it winds me up so badly when they do stuff like this. If it wasn't for the extra drive and the fact that it seems Blue's grooming / snow quality seems so much worse, I would move our passes to Blue next year. (I'm basing this on the reports from you guys lately, not on my opinions). Maybe JF though....

I'm pretty sure I'm going to JF/BB next year if I'm still in the area. Jf's freeriding is untouched by cb or blue. Sno can compete, but it's a bit of a hike for me. BB has the best park in the area hands down. IDK, CB may pull a rabit out of the hat this year, but I doubt it. In the meantime I don't seem to be in their target demographic, so I'll move to a place thats already doing what I'd like to see at a mountain.

Camelback are you reading this???? If you don't get your shit together, you might lose some longtime passholders..

I was told that CB doesn't feel that people going to other mountains isn't a bad thing, as long as they are still purchasing tickets in the end things will work out. They are interested in boosting the industry, and if the industry is strong, the mountain will do well.

I'm not going to lie, the first few days when they open trails sucks, but this weekend was top notch, and now that they have the base down, they'll blown lighter snow...JF couldn't touch Mainstreet this weekend :rock

But stay at Camelback...I like my 21k vert by 10:30 on weekends :rock

hahahahahaha :rofl

I was actually critizing Blue in front of Mark Miller...

CB opens at 8 on weekends...

The nice thing about CB though is that even on weekends I can park within 50 feet (maybe less) of the stevenson quad and there are very few people around until 9.30-10.30

The lifts are (nearly) always open early and I can be on Cliffy, Pharoah or Nile by 8.00, though I do wish they would open at 7.30.

i was so mad today. they closed the stevenson side without putting on closed signs, and then when i get to the lift its running, but they say its closed. i ask them "why?" and they just said, "theres not enough people here to open this side. i was so mad i felt like putting the liftie into submission. then i had to hike all the way from the loading station to the glen lift, with a horrible chest cold.

if craig or ashleigh doesnt respond to this. i will never go to cb again. even if its free.

this is a huge reason in why i dislike cb so much.

If I had a dollar for everytime you said you were never going to CB again...

Or $0.02 for everytime doug or jeff posted negative CB stuff, or blue shit in here, I would be RIEEEACHHHHHHHH

Lack of people isn't a reason to close 1/2 of the mountain. The people that are there want to ski that 1/2.

It'd be like closing 1/2 the golf course because there is only 1 person on the course.

Or closing 1/2 the Turnpike because there are only a few people on it.

Life doesn't work that way.

People pay money to ski the whole mountain, not 1/2 of it.

In case any of you missed it, I posted about this same problem about a month ago, and Craig blew it off saying it didnt happen last year... Others of you tried to justify it by saying the wind must have caused it... For the record now, CB is becoming the sketchiest operator around... Last year I was told it wasn't enough lifties, now I am told it wasn't enough people... People are paying to ride the entire mountain fellas, not half of it... If somebody placed this is an editorial, there would probably be some huge fallout... When did company's start not taking care of their loyal customer base and just start counting on those willing to pay crazy prices for tickets? Blue has its heart in the right place...

Additionally, don't tell us on the website that 33 trails are open if they aren't going to be... Be truthful with us...

Edited by OutCold

Lack of people isn't a reason to close 1/2 of the mountain. The people that are there want to ski that 1/2.

It'd be like closing 1/2 the golf course because there is only 1 person on the course.

Or closing 1/2 the Turnpike because there are only a few people on it.

Life doesn't work that way.

People pay money to ski the whole mountain, not 1/2 of it.

That's one of the reasons I go to other resorts during the week...fewer people. They'll never have "enough" people if they don't keep the lift open. Again, they are showing that they are a "fair" weather resort. They are probably losing customers, that would return when it is crowded. I haven't had any bad experiences there, but I don't go because of hearing all of the BS, like this.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Where are all the CB defenders now?

From the CB website's conditions page:

"Note: Trail conditions may change during the day due to weather, skier traffic and other factors. Trail openings, lift operations and other operational conditions may change due to maintenance, weather conditions, skier demand, and other circumstances. Camelback reserves the right to alter daily operations without notice."

From the Mountain Creek website's conditions page:

"All information subject to change without notice."

From the Big Boulder website's conditions page:

Note: Trail conditions may change during the day due to weather, skier traffic, and other factors. Trail openings, lift operations and other operational conditions may change due to maintenance, weather conditions, skier demand, and other circumstances. Big Boulder reserves the right to alter daily operations without notice.

Can't say that they don't warn you that it might happen.