BB April 14 & 15

i drive past lansdale on my way up to boulder, but im only going up for opening till 2 pm saturday since i gotta be back in south jersey by 4pm, so i could hook you up with a ride if you dont mind not staying all day.

edit:does boulder open at 8 am again saturday? i cant find the hours for this weekend online anywhere!

yeah it does

I'll be there saturday.. Probably get there around 8ish.

Tre when you getting there, and are you leaving from abington? If so wanna carpool or some shit?

No dice anymore... I'm not headin' up. I didn't get the tickets in the mail. I guess USPS is takin' long cuz Greg told me he got them out on Wednesday and it shouldn't have taken more than two days from his place to Abington but they weren't here today sooooo.... The mail comes tomorrow between 9am and 10am so I guess I could still go, but then I wouldn't get there till like 11:30 at the soonest.

I just told my boss ten minutes ago that I need the hours so I got put on the schedule for tomorrow, and it is supposed to be windy as hell tomorrow from this nor'easter so my panties aren't in that big a twist over missin' Boulder. Gotta make money for Whistler in May...

No dice anymore... I'm not headin' up. I didn't get the tickets in the mail. I guess USPS is takin' long cuz Greg told me he got them out on Wednesday and it shouldn't have taken more than two days from his place to Abington but they weren't here today sooooo.... The mail comes tomorrow between 9am and 10am so I guess I could still go, but then I wouldn't get there till like 11:30 at the soonest.

I just told my boss ten minutes ago that I need the hours so I got put on the schedule for tomorrow, and it is supposed to be windy as hell tomorrow from this nor'easter so my panties aren't in that big a twist over missin' Boulder. Gotta make money for Whistler in May...

Jon said you guys weren't going to Whistler?

What time you at the bike shop tomorrow, I'll stop by tomorrow than.

Jon said you guys weren't going to Whistler?

What time you at the bike shop tomorrow, I'll stop by tomorrow than.

Ya Whistler wasn't really lookin' like it was going to happen, but then we read some stuff about Blackcomb staying open and it totally re-energized the whole trip. John still isn't going cuz from day one this year he said he was too busy and can't afford it, but thats what credit cards are for right??? We booked airfare last night, roundtrip to Seattle for $200. Then we're splitting a rental car, two nights in Whistler (two are already paid for), and some other stuff between five guys. It is gonna be a sick time for sure. Four days of the finest spring skiing there is.

I'll be at the shop from 10-5.

Ya Whistler wasn't really lookin' like it was going to happen, but then we read some stuff about Blackcomb staying open and it totally re-energized the whole trip. John still isn't going cuz from day one this year he said he was too busy and can't afford it, but thats what credit cards are for right??? We booked airfare last night, roundtrip to Seattle for $200. Then we're splitting a rental car, two nights in Whistler (two are already paid for), and some other stuff between five guys. It is gonna be a sick time for sure. Four days of the finest spring skiing there is.

I'll be at the shop from 10-5.

I should of went :banghead

Aiight i'll stop in tomorrow. I remembered i have to go to the bank, so i dunno if im going to boulder, stupid ass banks have to close at 1 on saturday.

I didn't get to BB until noon, so I suppose I missed Big and TP4...but the slopes are holding up really well...they lost less than 10% of their snow, I'd guess. A couple of spots are pretty wet, including the far side of the lift. But it was the best April 14th skiing I've ever done in the Poconos. Probably about 75 jibbers and maybe 15 other skiers/boarders were still there when I left.

I didn't get to BB until noon, so I suppose I missed Big and TP4...but the slopes are holding up really well...they lost less than 10% of their snow, I'd guess. A couple of spots are pretty wet, including the far side of the lift. But it was the best April 14th skiing I've ever done in the Poconos. Probably about 75 jibbers and maybe 15 other skiers/boarders were still there when I left.

I was there from 8-11:30. Conditions were perfect, first thing. Snow started softening up around 9:30 - 10:00. Those guys who went to Belleayre don't know what they are missing :nana

so for anyone who missed out and didnt make it to boulder, you should kick yourself in the ass for not getting up there. the last hit in the jump line was pretty much perfect, even though you had to tuck 2/3 of the trail to get speed for it. the whole jib park was really fun too, til i got worked on that down box...

I have no clue as to what Ridge did, but he decked the last jump hard after clearing it 2 times before while following in his brother. Small stress crack to his tibia - talk about a season ender.

So........... I am hoping/betting that BB sold enough $25 tickets to make saturday worthwhile and that they are seriously considering opening for next weekend.

Edited by Papasteeze

........... I am hoping/betting that BB sold enough $25 tickets to make saturday worthwhile and that they are seriously considering opening for next weekend.

It would be nice. It's snowing there now. I just checked the cams and both JF and BB look like mid winter. They updated their website to say that they are closed for the winter. Even the online petition that I started had no responses. If people were interested about going , then people should have expressed interest by saying they'd be there.

It would be nice. It's snowing there now. I just checked the cams and both JF and BB look like mid winter. They updated their website to say that they are closed for the winter. Even the online petition that I started had no responses. If people were interested about going , then people should have expressed interest by saying they'd be there.

Yeah - on the other hand if they had invested in a little bit of advertising they may have sold more tickets. Just keeping the website active isn't enough.

Yeah - on the other hand if they had invested in a little bit of advertising they may have sold more tickets. Just keeping the website active isn't enough.

I thought the same thing. I didn't hear one radio add. Too bad they didn't open on Monday.

Edited by bigdaddyk