Early Season Pass Purchase

stever2003

Hi, i'm thinking about getting a season pass for next year. I've heard on here that if you purchase before a certain date you can get about $150 off (or some sort of sizable discount). Has anybody taken advantage of this? When do I need to purchase by? And how much did it cost? thanks!

I'll get mine in November before the November 15th deadline for $510-20 or whatever it is..I think I'll get my moneys worth again. I'm not ready to start spending money on the 07-08 ski season until at least October..I'm still paying off the past season on my credit card..

As for being a liftee for a free pass or working at Nestors for a free pass..I think it's worth it..because Shadows and Justo still skied more than most people...plus they're getting paid as well..along with pro-forms and stuff. At Jackson Hole a pass is $1600 bucks for a 4 month season so it makes alot of sense for people to get jobs working for the ski resort. Because that's equivelent to $100 bucks a week extra. To each his own..

I heard working at JHMR is definaly not worth it for the pass though and you won't ski as much as you think. I hear it's better to just sack up and spend the 1600 on the pass and work a night job somewhere.

$433 I'm wondering if I could actually get up there enough to make it worth it for me....

I'd like to... but 1:45-2hr commute each way makes it tough.... not to mention the 3 kids and wife...

teach your wife and kids to ski or ride.

I guess somebody else is also reading Teton Gravity forums..But how many skibums have an extra $1600 bucks laying around...I regrettably lived in Bozeman for the cheap rents and $500 Bridger pass and looking back I should have lived in Jackson Hole but I'll live there someday...

I read them alot more than i read what is here, but anyway. If you want to bust your ass in the summer you can make a ton of money. When i was out there i was talking to a guy who lived in Jackson during the winter and CA in the summer. He said alot of guys come to Jackson in spring/summer swing hammers all summer long, as in contruction, and don't work all winter long. So im sure it's easily done if you want to work for it.. In my opinion the hardest thing to do is find a good place to live in jackson. Property value out there has been soaring through the roof. I also talked to a local that was living with 7 other roommates in a 2 bedroom apt with each of them paying around 250/month. So thats almost 2gs for a 2bdrm place.

Edit: I have the early special for teh pass sitting on my desk, but im debating whether or not to buy a pass for blue this year. I was thinking maybe JF/BB. I had a blast when i was there last year.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

No, i wouldn't. Because of where i live, i don't have many options other than Blue or JF. Camelback and Bear Creek don't interest me at all compared to blue or JF. Picking one for the season is fine, and saves a shit ton of money.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

Hmmm....I'd have to get up there at least 10 times to get my money's worth. i could do it, but there's no telling right now if i'll have days off (though i probably will).

if you live a life where you cant get at least one free half a day on a sunday, you need to change things.

You'll kick yourself after 3 days of skiing at JB for not getting a blue pass.

Jeff, doing razors and challenge all day long is also boring. There is no variety. Switchback is probably the best trail blue has because of the change in pitches. JF atleast gets creative with there trails, and doesn't groom and just let the snowpiles build up. Plus the grooming at blue is trash.

i know i trashed blue in the past, but i was seriously thinking about getting a pass there this year, but from the looks of my school situation im gonna be stuck with campgaw or mountain creek. lame.

but doug, id rather ride a mountain for reasons other then pasr's being there. east mountain at frost is more fun and challenging then razors or challenge, and if you feel like riding good park you can drive 10 minuits to boulder.

campgaw or mountain creek.

i ski at the gaw ever other saturday. i could literally throw a rock from my grandmas house to the lift. cool little place though. KILLER for sledding. but i dnt really see that being possible for you, when the guards at night yell at us were just kids. your pretty much not a kid, so... yea. but if you skied there we could be ski buddies!!!! haha

teach your wife and kids to ski or ride.

Wife can ski sorta... just doesn't like to whatsoever

Oldest kid can ski blue trails and even braves some blacks on occasion, but finances keep me from taking him most of the time.

Middle child has never been and I can't afford to even fathom taking him yet...

Youngest just turned 2.

I just need to work a 2nd job all summer to catch up on bills and to be able to afford more skiing for the winter...

The real thing that makes me stay away from a season pass is the commute...

Blue blizzard card however is another story.... I could make that worth it..

i ski at the gaw ever other saturday. i could literally throw a rock from my grandmas house to the lift. cool little place though. KILLER for sledding. but i dnt really see that being possible for you, when the guards at night yell at us were just kids. your pretty much not a kid, so... yea. but if you skied there we could be ski buddies!!!! haha

yeah that place looks small as hell, but since im goin to college a half hour away i figured i should try and get a job at campgaw or mt creek so i could ride for free. is there even a park at the gaw?

and doug, milfs in the house at any mountain. ive been hit on by a few drunk cougers in the lodge at bc. i prefer meeting them as to girls my age because they buy me liqour :wiggle

Wife can ski sorta... just doesn't like to whatsoever

Oldest kid can ski blue trails and even braves some blacks on occasion, but finances keep me from taking him most of the time.

Middle child has never been and I can't afford to even fathom taking him yet...

Youngest just turned 2.

I just need to work a 2nd job all summer to catch up on bills and to be able to afford more skiing for the winter...

The real thing that makes me stay away from a season pass is the commute...

Blue blizzard card however is another story.... I could make that worth it..

I drive 150 miles roundtrip and have a pass.