Whats new at JFBB

RidgeRacer

From the website... http://www.jfbb.com/whats-new.asp. Here are a few of the notable improvements for 07-08...

- Jack Frost Glades :rock

- All New Boulder PARK Lodge and Hikeable Plaza

- Fire Pits at Jack Frost & Big Boulder

Regarding the glades, the trail map doesn't show anything new yet. I'm assuming that will be updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Last year I heard that they were going to clean out the shrubs and other stuff in the trees, to make them more skiable.

hopefully they make the area out past those cliffs to the skiers right of floyd's folly more accessable. its sick back there if there is enough snow. Also, the need to clear the ice storm trees off the old powerline trail between challenge and east mountain.

hopefully they make the area out past those cliffs to the skiers right of floyd's folly more accessable. its sick back there if there is enough snow. Also, the need to clear the ice storm trees off the old powerline trail between challenge and east mountain.

When you say "old," was that an actual trail at one time? I always thought it was an unofficial trail.

When you say "old," was that an actual trail at one time? I always thought it was an unofficial trail.

"old powerline trail" meaning that a powerline used to run up it. In sparse snow conditions, you are likely to hit some of the stumps from power poles that used to be there, because it seems they were just chainsawed when the line was removed.

it was never an actual trail. that thing is far too narrow for a NEPA ski area to maintain as an official trail.

Are you guys talking about that thing under the east mountain lift? I hit that last year and it was pretty fun. You've got to bomb it the whole way though because unless you go right into the loading area of the lift and through some shrubs you have to cut hard left at the end and go uphill for a ways.

Are you guys talking about that thing under the east mountain lift?

no

this is in the woods between challenge and east mountain. If you go to challege from snow chute, there is a narrow trail that off the crossover thing that usually has one rope running across it (with no closed sign). The easiest way to enter though, is just start going down challenge, and go in the glades on the skiers right until you hit it. It pops out on the skiers left of the east mountain lift.

Skiing down what you are talking about is a good way to get your ticket clipped. ski patrol generally dont like that.

no

this is in the woods between challenge and east mountain. If you go to challege from snow chute, there is a narrow trail that off the crossover thing that usually has one rope running across it (with no closed sign). The easiest way to enter though, is just start going down challenge, and go in the glades on the skiers right until you hit it. It pops out on the skiers left of the east mountain lift.

Skiing down what you are talking about is a good way to get your ticket clipped. ski patrol generally dont like that.

I actually don't think they care, as long as you get off before you get down toward the loading area. I spoke to a patroler at BB, about skiing under lifts, and they told me that everything was fair game.

I actually don't think they care, as long as you get off before you get down toward the loading area. I spoke to a patroler at BB, about skiing under lifts, and they told me that everything was fair game.

i dunno, i have been yelled at by a patroller from the lift once for skiing down there. It is marked with closed signs after all...

Also, at boulder, there is no free domain, and you definately get in trouble for skiing under the lifts there. JF is another story though

Edited by jordan

Also, at boulder, there is no free domain, and you definately get in trouble for skiing under the lifts there. JF is another story though

When was the last time you were there? Last year they didn't care. I skied under the lifts numerous times, once following a patroller. I even talked to a group of patrolers and they told me where the icier spots were. It was definately more of an open mountain.