Big Boulder in 10 days

Papasteeze

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on Janes lane going back to free ride, I was saying that all year. They only fit like 5 features on it, and it was a good trail otherwise. There are other places to fit little hikeable boxes like that, they don't even need to be on trail, just an area of snow with like 10 foot of vertical drop is enough.

alright frost def wont open till first weekend in dec and bb will prob open the 17th as long as theres no rain projected after this friday till then but as i said ive heard all these dates from the mountain managers them selves and they prob wouldnt tell the employees the wrong date or else they could be screwed no wat im sayin

Jane's Lane is going to be a regular slope. One Park is still gonna be there. That is on the slope formerly known as Tobyhanna. The trees at the top of Toby plus all the existing glades were cleaned out and made much nicer.....but the sickest glade-work was done in the large tree area between Challenge and East Mtn. This area could be a named trail and be put on the map, but I don't know if it will be or not. In any case, it's super sweet. I can't wait to blast through there this winter.

Very very cool :rock Will the trail map be updated with any of this. Jane's Lane is no longer on the map.

a nickel? put your money where your mouth is. I bet you $100 they dont open by the 17th

9 out of the next 11 days will have snowmaking temps (<28). I'd say they have a shot at opening at least 1 or two trails, if thats their goal.

a nickel? put your money where your mouth is. I bet you $100 they dont open by the 17th

Ok, that's cool with me. (Not that I really think you will pay.) I'm not sure if it got cold enough last night, but the low tonight is 22. With the firepower out on Freedom Park right now all it's gonna take is a couple of good nights to get that open...and yes, it will have lift service.

Boulder wont open anytime soon. I dont know what 10 day you guys are looking at, but none show good enough weather to get a slope open.

Gotta love the haters. If they are clearly stating at rail jams and company rehire meetings that they are planning on blowing snow why question it.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/pa/blakeslee...&traveler=0

Accuweather is calling for some snow this morning. I know there will not be any accumulation, but at least its cold enough.

Edited by STIBALLIN

The forecast looks rather promising. And I have to agree that I dont think they were just saying at the rail jam all day that they were gonna try to blow snow for shits and giggles. Seriously if they are going to attempt to open this early why try to doubt it? Be happy there is a possibility to ride or ski this early and hope for the best.

Dont get me wrong, with the firepower they have at BB, they could get at least a death ribbon down the center of freedom open with one good night of snowmaking. HOWEVER you really have to ask...is it really in their best interest to do so? Will they have the staff available yet? Will they make enough money to justify making snow before temperatures are somewhat consistent. Night time temps may look good, but that doesent help you much when its 50 they next day and you lose half of what you blew the night before. Thats like throwing money in the garbage. The real question is: is there a market for pre-thanksgiving skiing in the poconos? I think not... its the same reason most mountains will close before april 1st. They make no money after then...

Edited by jordan

The question isn't weather it will be profitable, the question is will it be done. Peak has a history of snowmaking early and staying open late. They are setting for snowmaking and others in this thread have stated they are hyping the snowmaking they are about to do.

What makes you think they won't follow through?