Opening of the Parks

burtonkid

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah maybe bear could have a park like boulder if they had as much snow. And alot of the rails boulder has were bought from mtn creek, hahaha. But really the only reason bigboulder is better than Bear is because BB is owned by a mumbo jumbo corp. that funds them so bb can get all there shit.

Actually you couldnt be anymore wrong...The reason BB is so good is because they have people their like Ian the park manager that listens to and actually cares what the people riding at BB think and then the heads listen to what he has to say. Im not even a pass hold there and numerous times i have had the chance to talk to him about the park and what i thought about it and ideas he has etc. Now dont get me wrong...Andys great about this to but the advantage that BB has is that they have kids who can carry through with Ians vision. It seems liek bear gets new park crew every year and how can you build experience when that keeps happeneing, and that what makes a good park, is experience at doing things like building and grooming lips. I have also talked to many of the park crew up at BB and ever riden with them and they know what their talking about.

Oh yeah actually at mammoth and bear they both have step up boxes and theyre alot better than stepdown ones.
Last winter Bear Mt. had both step down and a step up boxes and rails.

but they arent going to be fun to hit over and over(step down, the U box, concrete ledge, etc.)....rails and boxes that are trickable are the most fun, which means rails that are simple and not too long
Um...what? The double C and hubba ledge are going to be some of the most trickable features in the park. Edited by burton71

i agree, its about time for a park change. how soon are we thinking for tables? they'll get some good blowing time in...also about big boulder. i agree, bear should really check and see what they are doing. everything is always so neat...and they have that 35, 45, 60 ft jump line which if just unreal. the only thing boulder is missing is some big table tops.

It sounds dumb but BC park crew, if they havent already, should go take a trip to boulder and see how stuff is done...b/c they get shit DONE up there.

I couldn't agree more strongly. I'm not saying copy big boulder, but get some inspiration, because this weekend boulder's park's were incredible, and i know that bear has the potential to keep up.

Actually you couldnt be anymore wrong...The reason BB is so good is because they have people their like Ian the park manager that listens to and actually cares what the people riding at BB think and then the heads listen to what he has to say. Im not even a pass hold there and numerous times i have had the chance to talk to him about the park and what i thought about it and ideas he has etc. Now dont get me wrong...Andys great about this to but the advantage that BB has is that they have kids who can carry through with Ians vision. It seems liek bear gets new park crew every year and how can you build experience when that keeps happeneing, and that what makes a good park, is experience at doing things like building and grooming lips. I have also talked to many of the park crew up at BB and ever riden with them and they know what their talking about.

If you think big boulder is so much better than bear then why the fuck do you go to bear?

And how am i wrong, you must be a noob at bear because 4 years ago bear had shit in the park, now they have so much stuff. They went from having around 10 rails to over 30. And they had like a 20 foot table top 2 years ago now they have all multiple size jumps. Yeah, and if you remembered how many people asked for a jumpline, asked for a staircase asked for urban rails(I begged that to happen for a year) and asked for lighting. Yeah well they all fulfilled our needs so if you dont like bear dont go to bear and dont complain about it in here.

And ps, 2 of my close friends are in park crew at bear and i was supposed to be in it as well, and they dont have enough snow to fix lips throughout the day with the conditions

Last winter Bear Mt. had both step down and a step up boxes and rails.

the thing with big bear and mammoth is that they think about things before they build their rails...and their set ups are creative and original...they actually progress and i think bear creek should take some notes...

Um...what? The double C and hubba ledge are going to be some of the most trickable features in the park.

first off, look at the rails that i mentioned...when did i ever say something about the double C?...and the "hubba ledge" isnt trickable because it's 5 feet long..there is a difference between a rail being too short and a rail being short...

first off, look at the rails that i mentioned...when did i ever say something about the double C?...and the "hubba ledge" isnt trickable because it's 5 feet long..there is a difference between a rail being too short and a rail being short...
I said the double c because it is going to be one of other sick features bear doesn't have ouyt yet.

And I've already seen tons of different tricks on the ledge, maybe it isn't trickable for you? But I've seen and done all sorts of spin on, spin off tricks frontside, backside whatever and thats just with its current setup. It has potential to be setup in so many different ways its only going to get better from here.

People need to spend less time bitching a more time riding.

How can you not have enough snow to fix a lip?

Well this is straight from the 3 kids that set it up, So we pilled up all the snow for a lip on the boxes and because the way the blowers are blowing when they made the lip on the one side they ran out of snow on the other.

And bear always builds the lips really high because they just get worn out through the day.

Edited by Diamond

Well this is straight from the 3 kids that set it up, So we pilled up all the snow for a lip on the boxes and because the way the blowers are blowing when they made the lip on the one side they ran out of snow on the other.

And bear always builds the lips really high because they just get worn out through the day.

Thats no excuse...thats the reason there is a park crew, so that throughout the day they can fix the lips that get worn out. There actually is no excuse for a drop on, which is actually a great way to describe them...that just comes down to an excuse for laziness. once again we go back to the classic BB argument. the first 3 weeks that they were open...not a drop on, ride on, or crooked lip in the house, and they had an excess of 500 people there...on ONE trail. I just wanna see things done right, i paid for a pass and i want the best experience possible. I know bear can deliver better and just b/c its early in the season still, or there isnt enough snow for lips, or anything else is all excuses. They can do great things and i have high hopes for this next park rebuild...hopefully they are met.

i was at BB when they had one trail open...and the lips werent perfect and most of the landings were rutted out for hours. im not sure which BB u are talkin about.

yeah they were rutted but at least they werent drop ons. and every time i went to BB the lips were fine in the morning. Having a rutted lip is better then haveing a rutted off center drop on lip. Plus they had 3 times the number of people bear has hitting their lips, its the principle of the matter. I just think that the shape that the lips have been in for the whole time since they have opened is terrible and its very frustrating.

i agree bears lips have been complete crap, but until this weekend there has been no good snow. Its almost impossible to fix anything with just loose granular snow to try to move around. I agree with using salt to melt it but that would be too much work for the one man park crew bear has.

they have had more snow than boulder had their first week. and boulders lips and landings were fine until later that week when it got extremely warm and they had barely a base. if they have enough snow to make drop on lips they have enough to make normal lips.

Edited by vincent vega

doesnt matter, they didnt loose that much snow that they couldnt spare and inch or two to add to a lip. if just frustrates me because it seems like this year they hired people dont know what the heck they are doing. im not putting anyone on park crew down, there is always good people at a job and bad people, but they should at least be catching on now.

doesnt matter, they didnt loose that much snow that they couldnt spare and inch or two to add to a lip. if just frustrates me because it seems like this year they hired people dont know what the heck they are doing. im not putting anyone on park crew down, there is always good people at a job and bad people, but they should at least be catching on now.

Um..yes it does matter. You can't build or fix features when it is that warm out and raining unless they closed off the trail. Then everyone on here would be bitching about that. The park crew was out working on lips, salting stuff, filling landings, etc... 10 minutes after they fixed something it was beat up again. Same thing happened at Boulder when it got warm there so don't think it is just Bears park crew not knowing what they are doing.