How do they not have the best park?

Mike Piccoletti

http://www.skibluemt.com/the_mountain/terrain_park_html

I think that would make them one of the best parks around! If not the best. I've never been up JFBB but I dont belive they have huge street corses, a down flat down S rail!!! (HOW IMPOSSIBLE?!) and shit like that. It seems like you have to be a damn pro to ride some of that stuff

at sno, we have an S rail, and i've only seen like, 4 people do it fully on ski's..

http://www.skibluemt.com/the_mountain/terrain_park_html

I think that would make them one of the best parks around! If not the best. I've never been up JFBB but I dont belive they have huge street corses, a down flat down S rail!!! (HOW IMPOSSIBLE?!) and shit like that. It seems like you have to be a damn pro to ride some of that stuff

at sno, we have an S rail, and i've only seen like, 4 people do it fully on ski's..

I've been to both places, but don't do park stuff. By just looking at it, I think that Blue's park would be better. BB just spreads their stuff out onto differnet trails.

Blue's park would be one of the best parks in the world if they built some tabletops and got rid of the circus rail garbage..A major advantage Blue's park has it's it's right under the Six pack which is Blue's best lift and it's top to bottom..I'm far from a park rat but I sessioned the park alot last season and really enjoyed the 3 jumps before the wall-ride...the snowcross course..and the halfpipe..I wish the quarter pipe was located somewhere differently where you had more speed coming into it. The steps were also mad crispy. Between the Sidewinder Park, Skiercross, Lower Park, Halfpipe, and Come Around..Blue is one of the premier places for parkriding..plus there are cool runs like Lazy Mile, Switchback, Razors, Challenge, Paradise, and Main Street..to get your free ride on...Touch the Sky..Blue mountain..

doug stfu

I think, in order for blue to claim even a decent park, that they would need to relocate their whole park entirely off of sidewinder. I know this is an unrealistic request but it is a necessary one. Go to any featured resort and their parks will be located on mellow, generally straight trails. Most of sidewinder is way too steep, resulting in rushed runs and (i'm guessing) more snow runoff=more ice. As said before, blue needs to stop producing the ridiculous rails (downflatdown s rails and swingset boxes) and make more features that let the riders be creative and aid in their progression. As a bear creek native, I've been on this site frequently and read about how much blue has stepped up their park, and every time I go to blue I am saddened by how little improvements have been made from season to season. Until these changes are made, in my opinion I think that blue's park will continue to be large steps behind bear's and big boulder's.

I'm a local at blue and ride the park EVERY DAY. and iv been to boulder a lot last year and the start of this year. blue just has a lot of random ideas but it works out so nicely. like the bus. Boulder does has a nice park and nice features especially the booters. they are shaped so nice, but blue has a couple of nice jumps but they have to be kept up more. boulders crew is amazing at keeping stuff nice. But i still love both mountains they all have flaws. but Blue could destroy boulders park if they would make sidewinder a skiing trail and make paradise a park. its so long and its fast so they could put some big shit in there.

beyond a joke. and they dont have the best park because it isnt maintained as well as other places. otherwise, it would have a good chance of being the best in the area.oh, and the are sculptures they create dont help either... but they seem to be more for decoration anyway. haha

This man right hear is absolutly right. I stopped going to Blue as frequently as I was because nothing in the park is ever maintained. I started going to BB and and the snow quality and lips up to rails are always perfect. These resourts have to wake up and notice that sending one person from their park crew out to maintain once a day doesn't cut it.

Blue mountain is clueless, if they would actually listen to skiers and riders they're park might actually be somewhat decent. The only good thing about Blue's park is the length of the trail the fact that the six pack allows you to get back up to the top quickly. But as for the rest: The jumps are flat and shaped terrible, the landings are flat, the circus rails are unrideable. seriously Blue, put some effort into the park instead of thinking what would look cool in the brochure.

My biggest problem with Blue is Sidewinder itself as a trail. I never liked it. I like parks that have a mellow and wide slope, it's just a mental thing I guess.

Every resort in PA is going through the same stages in their park, seems like at different times. Eventually they will get it right. Last year Blue jumped on the circus rail bandwagon. They need to realize that well maintained hits throughout the day are essential to having a good park. Blue, along with many other resorts, tend to just stick shit in the park and say have at it, as in what more do you want. By noon on weekends the lips are mush and the landings are flat and buried out, but there will be a billion unecessary rails there.

All in all, we're doing pretty well for an unmotivated park. Keep in mind that many pristine parks you see are groomed for a reason, whether it be local pro's who attract media and attention, or competitions that go on in the park. JFBB had the Jiblab buzz to get things going, and now they have a well maintained website. They also get support from the "big" companies (Peanut Butter and Rail Jam, etc). They have motivation, they have media, they have competitions, so they have a good park. All that in turn gets them exposure which leads to more skiers/riders. Blue on the other hand only has to appease their passholders pretty much, and they sometimes do a shitty job with that. Eventually things will pick up there.

Regardless, my pass is at Blue. They have the best value for my money, and still have a lot of mountain/vert for when I just feel like taking some turns. JFBB is ripoff for season passes, and BC has tiny vert. I live a good hour+ from skiing right now so I need a place that I can go and have a good time at anytime, which usually turns out to weeknights.

Edited by Justin

I think, in order for blue to claim even a decent park, that they would need to relocate their whole park entirely off of sidewinder. I know this is an unrealistic request but it is a necessary one. Go to any featured resort and their parks will be located on mellow, generally straight trails. Most of sidewinder is way too steep, resulting in rushed runs and (i'm guessing) more snow runoff=more ice. As said before, blue needs to stop producing the ridiculous rails (downflatdown s rails and swingset boxes) and make more features that let the riders be creative and aid in their progression. As a bear creek native, I've been on this site frequently and read about how much blue has stepped up their park, and every time I go to blue I am saddened by how little improvements have been made from season to season. Until these changes are made, in my opinion I think that blue's park will continue to be large steps behind bear's and big boulder's.

Theres your answer in a nutshell....

new trail- to steep and windy its also always icey

no more bullshit rails-just some nice progressive rails and boxes

actually maintain the park dont just say that you have a good park crew but they dont do shit

ACTUALLY LISTEN TO YOUR PARK RATS THEY KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT AND WANT WE HAVE GOOD IDEAS i mean look at bear creek, half the new stuff they built was what was discussed on this web site by the locals!

• 4 weeks later...

yeahh blue does have some stupid ass shit and the park hasnt been kept up well in the past buttt this year the swingset is outt and they got some really sick rails. and also their park crue has definatly been upgraded and they are out there almost all of the time with at least 3-5 guys and once sidewinder is open im sure that number will grow. this year should be alot different and the park is def being stepped up a notch and i dont mean with rediculous huge rails.