new trails

ski14

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC Blue also pays someone to cut their halfpipe. Don't know all the details, but I have read that pipe cutting is a difficult task. Part art and part science. Snow conditions vary due to temps and humidity from top to bottom as it's being made, compaction occures towards the bottom, voids in the snow can occur due to wind, compaction, or melting.

Maybe Planet or a leasing company is buying the Zaugg? They could then truck it to different areas that they serve? Much more efficient use of capital $ for how often it would be used.

Where are the trails names on Sno's site? Didn't see them on there tonight, but maybe missed it.

IIRC Blue also pays someone to cut their halfpipe. Don't know all the details, but I have read that pipe cutting is a difficult task. Part art and part science. Snow conditions vary due to temps and humidity from top to bottom as it's being made, compaction occures towards the bottom, voids in the snow can occur due to wind, compaction, or melting.

Maybe Planet or a leasing company is buying the Zaugg? They could then truck it to different areas that they serve? Much more efficient use of capital $ for how often it would be used.

Where are the trails names on Sno's site? Didn't see them on there tonight, but maybe missed it.

the conditions page

http://www.snomtn.com/conditions/

no unlimited student pass? thats kinda shitty. they should have one. maybe i just missed it...

I agree. I was sitting at a poker table tonight with four parents of seven kids who will not being getting any sort of season pass because there's no cheap unlimited student pass. Sno def needs to change that. One kid is a basketball player who can't ski weeknights. He just wants a season pass for Sat/Sun. The student and college passes exclude Saturday days. Sno being a tightwad about this loses them money. No way to sugar coat that one...

Sunday - Friday & Nights

(Sunday-Friday pass valid every night during the season, and Sunday - Friday all season, excluding Sundays of Martin Luther King, President's Weekends.)

Adult (19 years & older)

Buy Now

$489.00

Junior (18 years & under)

Buy Now

$399.00

College Pass *

Buy Now

$360.00

Senior citizens (65 - 69)

Buy Now

$439.00

Senior citizens (70 & older)

Buy Now

$309.00

Junior Nights Only Pass (18 and under)

Buy Now

$199.00

I agree. I was sitting at a poker table tonight with four parents of seven kids who will not being getting any sort of season pass because there's no cheap unlimited student pass. Sno def needs to change that. One kid is a basketball player who can't ski weeknights. He just wants a season pass for Sat/Sun. The student and college passes exclude Saturday days. Sno being a tightwad about this loses them money. No way to sugar coat that one...

that sucks. they should really look into that especially since a lot of college kids cant make it there on weeknights because of school. bad decision on their part.

that sucks. they should really look into that especially since a lot of college kids cant make it there on weeknights because of school. bad decision on their part.

Yep. From the griping I've been hearing, I bet they 'introduce' a real student pass next year. However a full price unlimited junior season pass to Elk is $675, while it's only $499 at Sno. Eh, so maybe not. Man, Elk is freaking expensive :blink:

That's great news. I like the Northface, but it's nice to have the option to take a few long runs now and then.

Ha, you didn't like the skate from the Iron Horse? Upper/Lower Fast Track is going to be like a brand new trail for a lot of people. When it snowed on a Monday last year, there were still first tracks to be had on Thursday.

• 4 weeks later...
On a similar note, anyone notice that they haven't put out a brochure/pamphlet this year?

Talked to a friend that works at the mountain. These new trails are a joke. Baby moose is behind the lodge for little kids learning how to ski. Zip is basically a very short connection trail. Snake and sidewinder should be the same trail. It actually gets two names because it crosses fast track. Rattler sounds like it has potential and glades is off of fast track. Not sure what the plan for that is since we don't really get that much natural snow here.

Edited by heretic