Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh, I hit it like 20 times the other night and my board looks fine.

50 50 is fine but when you go to boardslide it just sparks and eats

and they can barely keep what they have covered in snow...

i know i posted that in the other thread

but could u picture having more people on the runs bear already has trafic is horible

I was up today and it was soft but you could keep some good speed up.Lots of water run off.Good thing was it wasn't crowded so the snow didn't get too beat up.I really don't know how the park was cause I didn't ride over there.The snow is melting fast.

i dont like melting snow.

they should be able to blow by tuesday or wednesday... oh how bad they need it. pretty sure im still going tomorrow.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

i dont like melting snow.

they should be able to blow by tuesday or wednesday... oh how bad they need it. pretty sure im still going tomorrow.

dont you think they will be able to get some blowing in tonight with around 30* and 0%precipitation?

....guess not with the lights being off.

Edited by twist0pher

50 50 is fine but when you go to boardslide it just sparks and eats

I've hit the ledge a ton of times frontside and backside and my board is fine. I grind my edges down anyway, if you have sharp edges of course its going to beat them up.

they cant make enough snow to open the parks they have how are they going to be able to open more???

They can make plenty of snow if the weather cooporates.

see now what bear should be doing is making cascade a park pass only trail, and making the double lift for cascade park only. that would eliminate alot of the season pass holders from the quad and i def think that would be fine. but for some reason bear is just so against park passes when in reality it saves their asses even more

freezingrain/some snow. I got fuckedup today. Anyone know what happ to the 2 people that left in ambulances?

idk if the guy left in an ambulance but a guy ( i think was an instructer cuz he had the jacket) smashed his face on the step down box and was bleeding everywhere. ski patroll had to close it to clean the bloood up before anyone else rode it.

freezingrain/some snow. I got fuckedup today. Anyone know what happ to the 2 people that left in ambulances?

do you have a tan jacket and yellowish rome board?

anyways not bad for what they have to work with. everything was kept in good condition and park crew was out all day fixing stuff (thank you). i saw 2 people going down in sleds, one was a girl which i think was just a wrist because it was taped up and other didnt look good with someone that had an oxygen tank and did not look conscious.

today was pretty nice... GREAT in the morning then got more and more mashedpotatoe like as the day went on. i really liked how park crew put more of a lip on the up box at the end of the day. that was perfect i wish they would do that with the big staircase. all the lips were pretty nice all day. nothing was unridable.

Got back from my semi-BC session.

Hands down I will never go there again. I bought a lift off someone in the lot for $15 and I was glad I did. I literally took 2 runs and left, went to Blue for a few hours. I was snaked three times all by snowboarders under 5'. The lift also stopped 7 times in 2 lift rides. Coverage was absolutely horrible. Mud, rocks, shit everywhere. Every landing to every hit was either extremely dug out or a solid chunk of ice. The landing to the flat box was so dug out you can see mud. The only thing, surprisingly, that I even had the slightest bit of fun on was the jump towards the bottom. Blue was no picnic either but I had a much better time on Come Around than I would of ever had at BC tonight. Going there was a stupid idea on my part and you wont see me back for a long time. I feel bad for the passholders. The base depth in some places couldn't of been more than a few inches. That place really made me appreciate Blue, and made me glad to be a Blue passholder.

Got back from my semi-BC session.

Hands down I will never go there again. I bought a lift off someone in the lot for $15 and I was glad I did. I literally took 2 runs and left, went to Blue for a few hours. I was snaked three times all by snowboarders under 5'. The lift also stopped 7 times in 2 lift rides. Coverage was absolutely horrible. Mud, rocks, shit everywhere. Every landing to every hit was either extremely dug out or a solid chunk of ice. The landing to the flat box was so dug out you can see mud. The only thing, surprisingly, that I even had the slightest bit of fun on was the jump towards the bottom. Blue was no picnic either but I had a much better time on Come Around than I would of ever had at BC tonight. Going there was a stupid idea on my part and you wont see me back for a long time. I feel bad for the passholders. The base depth in some places couldn't of been more than a few inches. That place really made me appreciate Blue, and made me glad to be a Blue passholder.

The snow and the set-up might be weak now, but i will gaurantee that once snow making weather comes around and the park gets into full force, it will be wayy wayy better than anything blue has built or ever will build. Im a proud bear creek passholder...they cant control the weather.