Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, here it is...

first of all, i really like bear creek, i just cant figure out how to change my profile. i've been to BC many more times than blue this year....

Everyday this year, i have been pretty satisfied with the condition of the park, that's why i like to go to bear creek, but today, the park was not in good order. This was my only day off of school this month, and i wanted to practice in an uncrowded environment. But on my first run through the park, 80% of the rails were covered, and none of the jumps were groomed. I was upset, so i talked to a couple employees romping around on snowmobiles, and they all said that the park crue got lazy last night, after blowing 10 inches of snow, and they didnt even bother grooming it. Now i understand that grooming can get difficult with 10 inches, but i think they are doing their customers an injustice by not having the main feature of the mountain in good condition. But before i even talked to the snowmobilers, i talked to the park crue, and they said that they blew "ten feet" of snow. then they said that they couldnt groom it because the cats were slipping around. I kind of buy the slipping part, but, i think they could have been grooming it this morning because the snow was pretty tight, or, maybe they could have groomed it as the snow piled up last night. The park crue promised my group that they would groom everything by hand and have everything nice by 1-2pm. BUT, 5 of them worked on one jump from 9:30-12:30. ok. then, they moved onto that rail at the way bottom, and spent the next 3 hours working on that. Every time i took the lift up, if i was lucky, i caught one of them moving their shovel, the rest were stand around chatting. Now, in my opinion, they probably could work a little more efficiently. The snowmobilers totally agreed with me. Now i dont want to offend any cruers, but, today, the people "working" were not really doing much, except this one guy, who tieded up 3-4 jumps by himself, which took a little while, because he was only one person, but in reality, he was really the only one doing anything. I talked with him, and he also agreed that the others were from new york, and were lazy. it was these new yorkers who i was referring to when i said that i hate the park crue. Like i said before, i like bear creek better than blue, but today, i was disappointed. sympathize

thank you i will be here all night.

p.s. i do like jumps more than i like rails, but ya gotta practice everything

oh yeah...well lets all talk about the pipe and how much it sucks balls. annnnnnndddddd go.
For the first rough cut it wasn't all that bad. But once the snow started it was impossible to carry enough speed for it. With a good drop setup and another cut and it should be pretty good.

ok, here it is...

first of all, i really like bear creek, i just cant figure out how to change my profile. i've been to BC many more times than blue this year....

Everyday this year, i have been pretty satisfied with the condition of the park, that's why i like to go to bear creek, but today, the park was not in good order. This was my only day off of school this month, and i wanted to practice in an uncrowded environment. But on my first run through the park, 80% of the rails were covered, and none of the jumps were groomed. I was upset, so i talked to a couple employees romping around on snowmobiles, and they all said that the park crue got lazy last night, after blowing 10 inches of snow, and they didnt even bother grooming it. Now i understand that grooming can get difficult with 10 inches, but i think they are doing their customers an injustice by not having the main feature of the mountain in good condition. But before i even talked to the snowmobilers, i talked to the park crue, and they said that they blew "ten feet" of snow. then they said that they couldnt groom it because the cats were slipping around. I kind of buy the slipping part, but, i think they could have been grooming it this morning because the snow was pretty tight, or, maybe they could have groomed it as the snow piled up last night. The park crue promised my group that they would groom everything by hand and have everything nice by 1-2pm. BUT, 5 of them worked on one jump from 9:30-12:30. ok. then, they moved onto that rail at the way bottom, and spent the next 3 hours working on that. Every time i took the lift up, if i was lucky, i caught one of them moving their shovel, the rest were stand around chatting. Now, in my opinion, they probably could work a little more efficiently. The snowmobilers totally agreed with me. Now i dont want to offend any cruers, but, today, the people "working" were not really doing much, except this one guy, who tieded up 3-4 jumps by himself, which took a little while, because he was only one person, but in reality, he was really the only one doing anything. I talked with him, and he also agreed that the others were from new york, and were lazy. it was these new yorkers who i was referring to when i said that i hate the park crue. Like i said before, i like bear creek better than blue, but today, i was disappointed. sympathize

thank you i will be here all night.

p.s. i do like jumps more than i like rails, but ya gotta practice everything

where to even start here.... when snow is blown on all the rails opening the park is going to take a lot longer than on a day where the park is not buried. snowmakers calling park crew lazy is a joke as they have theluxury of snowmobiles instead of hiking up the hill at 7am every morning. on top of that they could point the guns away from our features instead of burying them on a regular basis. hand grooming a jump that has been blown on will take some serious time and shouldn't really be a one man job, but 5 is overkill unless some real shoveling is required. digging out a rail is the same,it'll take time to shovel it out, cut a lip, groom that lip, and then make sure the landing and sides are clear of chunks of snow/ice. if you personally think all that work can be done in no time flat, i'd love to see you do it. so they were chatting, it makes the workload easier to handle. digging out/shoveling snow is tiresome a short is sometimes needed. there are also other features that your group could have hit in the meantime while the rail was dug out. the dude who told a customer that their fellow coworkers were lazy and from new york is bullshit, he had no business getting into his personal opinion of them with anyone outside of park crew. also you have no need to single out anyone on a public forum, if you have an issue with an employee this is not the place to air it out. finally, don't hate on park crew we work our asses off for you, hit some other shit there's like 15+ rails out, don't use "crue" we'll bury you like the snowmakers bury rails, and i will not smypathize for you. thank you.

I had an unusual day today as i didnt go to bear and i went to sno. It makes me realize how fun the simple things that bear has are. Yeah sno has a 22 foot pipe which looks impossible to air out of (chevy revolution tour was there) and some wild ass planet brand rails that were kind of rickety. But bear has all of the simple stuff that is fun to do they have nicely built jumps, the simplest and funnest rails, and some cool idea things (a.k.a. the butter pad). The only thing that sno has over bear that isnt size is their snow which was powder today and it was snowing very hard for about and hour to an hour and a half.

P.s. how was the big air comp?

I had an unusual day today as i didnt go to bear and i went to sno. It makes me realize how fun the simple things that bear has are. Yeah sno has a 22 foot pipe which looks impossible to air out of (chevy revolution tour was there) and some wild ass planet brand rails that were kind of rickety. But bear has all of the simple stuff that is fun to do they have nicely built jumps, the simplest and funnest rails, and some cool idea things (a.k.a. the butter pad). The only thing that sno has over bear that isnt size is their snow which was powder today and it was snowing very hard for about and hour to an hour and a half.

P.s. how was the big air comp?

pa powder sounds sick haha. if you remember bear used to have those rails..

the big air comp was SICK. next weekend is going to be ever craizer!

The problem is that there is some park crew members who legitlly care about the mountain and their job and then there are those who are just lazy and have no clue what they are doing. Those ones that are lazy and dont care about their jobs are the ones that are brining the rest of them down. I feel bad for the people that try on park crew. Today, on a SATURDAY, there was ONE park crew member fixing things....thats completely ubsurd. They need to hire some people who are going to take their job more serious like the couple there are that do.

The problem is that there is some park crew members who legitlly care about the mountain and their job and then there are those who are just lazy and have no clue what they are doing. Those ones that are lazy and dont care about their jobs are the ones that are brining the rest of them down. I feel bad for the people that try on park crew. Today, on a SATURDAY, there was ONE park crew member fixing things....thats completely ubsurd. They need to hire some people who are going to take their job more serious like the couple there are that do.

I would drive the 30-45 mins everyday after school to be on the park crew without any pay just to fix stuff the only problem is, im too young. I mean fixing stuff isnt that bad when you have a little nifty shovel. Plus you get to ride the box/rail/jump after you fix it and you get a free season pass. I know that it might get old fixing the stuff,but hey riding free everyday and hangin out at the park with all the locals. chea

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz

I would drive the 30-45 mins everyday after school to be on the park crew without any pay just to fix stuff the only problem is, im too young. I mean fixing stuff isnt that bad when you have a little nifty shovel. Plus you get to ride the box/rail/jump after you fix it and you get a free season pass. I know that it might get old fixing the stuff,but hey riding free everyday and hangin out at the park with all the locals. chea

word nicks definately right and the parks kinda blow..boulders where its at

bitch dont hate on the park crew

obv they cant do evrything...wer lucky to hav such a good crew keepin shit so crispy as it is

no they suck and never do anything.. there a waste of money except 1 or 2 of them.. and forum youngbloods suck i snapped 2 of them

yeah park crew blew cock today. The tree bonk is finaly back up. And they added the little circle bonk at the bottome of the shit pipe

yeah park crew blew cock today. The tree bonk is finaly back up. And they added the little circle bonk at the bottome of the shit pipe

maybe one day park crew should come in and just not cut lips in the morning and not do anything all day. then maybe you guys will realize how much they do.

i also really like the orange net idea it helps al ton i didnt see one noob in the pipe all day because all of them are scared to drop in.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

maybe one day park crew should come in and just not cut lips in the morning and not do anything all day. then maybe you guys will realize how much they do.

i also really like the orange net idea it helps al ton i didnt see one noob in the pipe all day because all of them are scared to drop in.

like the night of the comp and last night

i don't think i saw them do one rake run in the park but they were busy with the comp

thank you, i'd love to do that minus the fact i'd hear a bunch of kids whine on hte internet and the riding would suck.