Terrain Park

liftguy

Well everyone has an opinion on everything we do.....

So lets hear your opinion on how you guys would like to see the park set up. This is a chance for you to speak up before we build the park. I know our park guy reads these topics. Right Mike?. Sno mountain wants to be on the same level as our guest. We want the best park around and your info will makes us the best park. Keep in mind that we won't build jumps to the moon. It has to be a safe and sick park. We need to find that spot. If it is a realalistic goal we will do our best to meet it. I know last year some guys didnt want all the jumps to be the same style. They wanted them mixed up etc... step up, step down, booter.

Guys I just want to say that it is a pretty good thing that sno comes onto this site to see what you guys have to say. I listen good and bad. I really dont see any other resort going this far to try to make there guests happy. We are here right in the open. Believe me we took ours shots in stride. But we listen and do our best to correct them. Will we do everything right, most likely not, but we can limit what we do wrong. You guys are going to determine whats right or wrong. Bottom line...

your the customer and we want you guys to love every trip up to our mountain.post-1942-1197471228_thumb.jpg

Edited by liftguy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't need a 15 foot high table top to have good jumps. Just put a kicker about 20-25 feet before a headwall. Alot less snow, and work, plus it flows nicer anyway. Boulder has a jump like this on Love park right now, and it is really nice.

Ya you guys waste a lot! of snow by building your tables evey year. Just blow a ton of sno, shape huge roller with a steep landing and put a nice booter infront of the roller. The booter doesn't have to be as wide as the roller, but it still has to be wide enough, you know?

As for rails when you want to set them up as urban you have to set the rail though the lip, and not after it. That is the way your suppose to set up a true urban rail. Your down rail and down box that was set up last year was ride on...

If we can get 2 nice rollers up top before the first jump we can get nice 2 hits, ending at the headwall, then maybe a line of 3 jumps after that starting at the 2nd headwall.

Don't let the groomers who groom the regular slopes groom the prk either, last year they ruined it completely.

For a look at what I mean by the jumps, im talking about something like this, but only smaller

JonNS.jpg

As for urban setups on rails im talking about this

14649135vj7.jpg

See how the rail goes through the lip, forcing the rider to go on urban style.

New lights?

This is really how I think the park should be setup. i wish I was 18 so they would let me work on park crew. Right now im over at rentals...and its so beat.

Sorry for using the picture Ben, it's the only picture I can think of that explains what im talking about.

Edited by xNick11

liftguy didn't you say they were coming to set up the park today? are you gonna be running these responses out there so they can change things to what nick and steve said?

I'm pretty sure he said in another thread that they were going to wait a day or 2 for the snow to set before they started working.

Build a nice jump line that flows. Last year the only jump worth hitting all year was the first jump. And for the park on Mainline right now, be simple. Put out some flat rails/ boxes, Make the c box rideable, and maintain it. The c box is pretty much a joke right now, and the rainbow needs to have the landing fixed.

Who is going to reset Boulder's park, Rob? Isn't that what you should be worried about as opposed to flaming a Sno thread?

Mmm poor example that is exactly his point. JFBB HAS a park designer, Sno doesn't. Sure doesn't change the fact that he came in here flaming but that is kind of the name of the game. Go in Camelback's forums and look and see if you guys have it bad. At least you guys are getting flamed now, no one bother criticizing unless they feel threatened.

Who is going to reset Boulder's park, Rob? Isn't that what you should be worried about as opposed to flaming a Sno thread?

It's not a flame Ski, sorry if it appeared that way. Believe me the more Sno notches up thier game the more everyone else will. I am really rooting for them. Matter of fact if they do open a decent pipe, I am fairly certain that nips will want to be there. He also has several good friends there, so...

Anyways, I am trying to figure out why they bring Planet Snow in to set stuff up, while people who know what is up, like nick, work the rental shop. Really, it is a valid question. who resets stuff when it is needed? I guess I understand that they need Ryan for getting a cutter and running it.

Our GM does the jump building and park layouts at BB - the on-staff crew does standing up of jibs and the fine tuning.

Once the new park crew department gets up and running I talked to the guy about it and he said I'll be a part of it since thats what I singed up for on my application.

But I agree with everything nick said the jumps need far far far less snow and make it like a cheese wedge booter to a headwall landing.

And for the rails Urban for sure. The jibs they have set up now are rediculasly setup and need some work.

I just got this email from planet

I plan on having a rail park, jump park, beginner park rails and jumps,

and two pipe one 22ft and one 13ft

Tons of new rails, bowls and wall rides

when snow accommodates anyway

I am flying in there tonight to asses the snow levels and see what if

any can be built

Thanks

Ryan

www@eastcoast22.com wrote:

Edited by K2WWWmatt80

I just got this email from planet

I plan on having a rail park, jump park, beginner park rails and jumps,

and two pipe one 22ft and one 13ft

Tons of new rails, bowls and wall rides

when snow accommodates anyway

I am flying in there tonight to asses the snow levels and see what if

any can be built

Thanks

Ryan

www@eastcoast22.com wrote:

fruedian slip? :blink:

- A nice jump line, maybe 5 mellow tables in a row, something like this but obviously suited for skiing and riding:

burns_lake_4.jpg

http://www.alpinemountain.com/Copy%20of%20wpe42157.JPG ( big picture)

- as already stated, have some wedge jumps...something along the lines of the jump on mainline last year, but on a different scale(s)

superpark_portes.du.soleil275.jpg

-throw in some "unique" features not just the stock planet stuff that dozens of resorts have...you guys cut down hundreds of trees over the summer, it only takes one to throw down on top of a spine, or sanding one down and making a jib out of it.

Stash1.jpg

-park passes. If you don't know what that is a brief summary: Can't ride the park (say the "main" park) unless you have a pass, which is obtained by watching a video or something along those lines. Used to weed out those parents that bring their children down the park zigzagging through obstacles and jump landings. You want a safe park, this is one step to reach that goal.

-Have jumps with two lips, one smaller, one larger.

-buy the planet rails that have round coping...

photoshoot05-5.jpg

Lots of pictures of nice park setups and such here, take a look:

http://snowparktech.com/info/photos.asp

mybe a butterbox, made out of snow. Like a jump then just a really big square block of snow and then a landing. Something just like the feature in this video... http://www.transworldsnowboarding.com/snow...1207756,00.html

it would look sumthin like one of those blocks of snow in that last picture^^^^^

Edited by K2WWWmatt80

It is ridiculous that they have to fly a guy in to work on their park when there's already so much talent in the NEPA area.

They are also hiring a former World Cup racer to help with the race program. You do understand the benefits of of bringing in marquee names even if it's just for the hype, right? Sno currently has some of the best USSA race coaches in the state. Not so sure it's all that ridiculous.

well ino you guys dont have the best conditions for a good park.

But like my friend nick said, you guys build big hills of snow and put a little bump at the top and call it a jump.

if you guys just pushed some on a head wall, dropped back like 30-35 and put and nice poppy kicker, that would be just as great as a straight shot 45-50. Also you should get park passes so all the gapers at sno cant get in your way and ruin the jumps.

As for rails, urban rails come over the lip makin u come on from the side and make them real high so its a challenge.

It is ridiculous that they have to fly a guy in to work on their park when there's already so much talent in the NEPA area.

Its not a shame that we need to fly someone in. We just wanted the best. We are not afraid to say we need to learn. Thats what Ryans job is. To teach us how to have the best park.

Its not a shame that we need to fly someone in. We just wanted the best. We are not afraid to say we need to learn. Thats what Ryans job is. To teach us how to have the best park.

I'm happy your taking pride in your guys mistakes over the last few years, its nothing to say "wow we suck, were hopeless" about, its something to do something about, which you did, and now its better, so its paying off big time

All I can say for now (going up tomorow) is that I'm just allot happier to see you guys actually care. The terrain park is a HUGE thing anymore, and by adding a few extra trails to it really made us all happier, and did not make the non-freeskiier's of sno mtn unhappy, because your cutting new trails this year!