X-Games Stoke Thread!

Justin

Simon's run was BIG. But Tanners run was Flawless. Everything was pretty much perfect. Simon just hucked himself pretty much, but had very little style while tanners shit looked real clean.. It's good to see that it's not going in the direction of who can just throw themselves as hard as possible and look like shit, but still win.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some good analogies of the persona in the crowds.. something along the lines of a bunch of Areyx/spider wearing joeys with out a clue as to whether they were watching big air or half pipe.

hahah "joeys" i love that word...anyway, who is ready for BIG AIR TONIGHT!!!!!!! how about that 85ft+ channel gap. My money is on Jon or Charles, since TJ is out due to a tore ACL, thankfully both jon and gagnier are on my FFL team! :wiggle :wiggle

Simon's run was BIG. But Tanners run was Flawless. Everything was pretty much perfect. Simon just hucked himself pretty much, but had very little style while tanners shit looked real clean.. It's good to see that it's not going in the direction of who can just throw themselves as hard as possible and look like shit, but still win.

agreed though it seems like the simon/tanner debate happens every year.

Anyone remember the first X Games with skiing pipe holy shit was it bad, its good to see the sport moving in the right direction.

Sometimes I wish Tanner finished high school, imagine if pipe makes the Olymipics and he would win....a good interview it wouldn't be (he too old thank god). Though Armada is now the fifth largest producer of twins, so he did pretty fucking good all things considered.

i'm watching it now. pretty sick womens pipe. i love watching chicks slice up the snow. such a turn-on.

Tell me about it, so glad my girlfriend rips, a girlfriend either has to not board and let you go, or go and rip with you. If they go and suck, that would be the worst. My girlfriend does jumps and rails but hasn't done a pipe yet (probably because we can't find a good one, I have only dropped into 2 so far this year, and neither was great)

The women went off tonight, they're stepping it up every year so much I think its almost more fun to watch the women because you can practically watch the progression of the group. You go to mens and its more about who can land their tricks in one run, most of them can do those tricks in practice so its just a competition composure thing, where as the women are riding on the edge of their ability during the comp. Go back and look at the olympics from a few years ago, tonight trashed that. Where as if you look at mens last year vs last olympics vs SLC olympics, it hasn't progressed nearly as much because they're getting close to the limit of it. I'm really impressed, the only thing is its the same 3 or 4 girls, so it is moving the bar up and they're young, but I would like to see the rest of the field get stronger.

The X-games announcers rock......NOT

Tell me about it, its like sticking a fork in my ear the whole time. What the hell is amplitude? We complain about it every year but the XGames are the only place the word is used in relation to snowboarding and skiing, it kills me. He got a lot of air he got high out of the pipe, he didn't get a bunch of amplitude, amplitude is a measurement not a thing what the hell.

Torah is bangin and rips harder than I ever will. I like Kelly's style a lot though.

Who says Burton shit never breaks? How embarrassing for Burton, and how much does that say about White that he can throw down on a broken board?

that sucks so bad for white.. but this was the worst slopestyle ive ever watched for snowboarding... the 2nd round was a waste cause i think about 7 of the 8 riders slid out on the landing of the 2nd jump.. the girls killed it earlier and i think the guys got screwed

anywho i love eero and i was rooting for him to medal but he got 4th.. the announcers were saying that there was a rumor going around that eero could throw a switch triple back on the money booter which would of been ridiculous, but as i mentioned before he was one of the unlucky 7 to wash out on the landing of the 2nd jump in the 2nd round

that sucks so bad for white.. but this was the worst slopestyle ive ever watched for snowboarding... the 2nd round was a waste cause i think about 7 of the 8 riders slid out on the landing of the 2nd jump.. the girls killed it earlier and i think the guys got screwed

anywho i love eero and i was rooting for him to medal but he got 4th.. the announcers were saying that there was a rumor going around that eero could throw a switch triple back on the money booter which would of been ridiculous, but as i mentioned before he was one of the unlucky 7 to wash out on the landing of the 2nd jump in the 2nd round

Yea what a bad time to do it. If they don't have lights do it during the day,or buy some damn lights. I'd rather have it taped and aired 3 hours later and have the guys land it, than have half the runs shown be washed out. And I liked the jumps but this was definately not the best slopestyle course ever. The jump line was good but there weren't any super hard rails, everyone was just gap 270 to front board that box, which isn't even all that hard, and very little unique was going on with that up box. Danny Kass bonked the tip yesterday which was cool but he didn't make it to the finals, which was lame.

i agree... everyone was ether doing a back 180 off the up box or tail 270/450 but eero did frontflip off but thats about it..

and with the battleship box everyone gapped 270.. except eero nosepress to front board and i think it was kevin pearce who did a noseslide gap to frontboard..

not a big fan of the course

Edited by brtndominant

I thought the course was super lame. With the progression in the past few years of jibs, they really didn't have much for the guys to work with. The battleship and the up box. But did anyone notice that they were BOXES!!! This was the X-games, supposedly a showcase of the best riders in the world and they couldn't even give them a nice urban down RAIL to hit. I thought that was super lame. I'll give almost every park in PA an edge over that one.