New Park Features 3/14

liftguy

Hey PASR,

I am a lift guy and not a park guy, first. But i was in the park helping out and theres some new rails put in that havent been used lately. There is also something like a step on to a snow made big butter box to a step off. Atleast thats what i call it. The guys who are up here now love the new features. You guys probably call it something else. It looks like fun to me. Just thought you guys on here would like to know. Thanks,

Sno Mountain Lift Dept.

post-1942-1205508923_thumb.jpg

Edited by liftguy

oooh those are fun... but that landing looks pretty short and close to the lip.. maybe its just the pic.

That's a pretty common mistake when people make features like this but after looking at the side angle it looks fine. If I had to nitpick I'd say make the jump onto the box a little smaller so you can spin up into a press but that's a fairly miniscule thing that really doesn't matter much in the long run, anyway.

Im so mad I didn't ride today now. That landing does look really short tho if you come in it with a lot of speed.

We have plans to make the landing longer as soon as it cools of a bit. We ran out of time when we built it. It was getting very warm. We opted to deal with the landing in order to not melt more snow with the cat that day. Plus it was getting late in the morning and we didnt want to hold up the park opening. I would think sunday morning would be the fisrt chance to extend it.

Ha, people were lining up to hit it today and had friends taking their pics doing it. People who didn't look like they normally spend much time in the park were even hiking to hit it over and over.

Features like that are awesome because they appeal to both beginner and advanced park riders. Beginners are pumped just to jump up to a big box of snow and advanced riders can get a little more tech and spin/press.

Ski those pictures are GREAT, ha. Did they do that more than once or did you just get lucky with the timing?

Shawnee had basically the same feature at the end of 2006 and it was a lot of fun, one of the first things I spun off the drop at the end with a long setup is really forgiving for learning, it is an example of a great feature for all skill levels.

Ski those pictures are GREAT, ha. Did they do that more than once or did you just get lucky with the timing?

Shawnee had basically the same feature at the end of 2006 and it was a lot of fun, one of the first things I spun off the drop at the end with a long setup is really forgiving for learning, it is an example of a great feature for all skill levels.

Just once that I saw. I was on the lift with a junky point and shoot. I thought it was a dopey thing to do, but it is slightly cool that our patrollers aren't just dicks with whistles. But it's not my park...

• 3 months later...
i was under the impression he was no longer working with Sno
Ryan has one more year in his contract with Sno, but he didn't go to Sno once last season. We'll see what will happen with the park this year. I really wish Sno will find a park manager who has a lot of experience with, how to set up the park features, and a trained worker who can groom the park everyday and help build. I think if they did that, they will have a well put together park for the season.

Ryan has one more year in his contract with Sno, but he didn't go to Sno once last season. We'll see what will happen with the park this year. I really wish Sno will find a park manager who has a lot of experience with, how to set up the park features, and a trained worker who can groom the park everyday and help build. I think if they did that, they will have a well put together park for the season.

Nick, regardless of who they have as a park manager next year, It all comes down to the park crew. If the crew is lazy and would rather hang out in the shop or ski or ride on their shift then the park will be the same. It takes alot of dedication and hard work by the whole crew to put together a nice park. You can't have three guys who really want to work and eleven who won't strap out of their bindings to do maintainence on the park. As part of the park crew you share responsibility for the park's success as well as it's shortcomings. It could be real good as you stated, but your park crew will determine that.