RICE is nice

SHRED and GOLF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and Oakley whatever, your ignorant. you don`t know me and you dont know how hard i actually do work.

ignorant, no, not at all. i ride every condition, any chance i get, and any shape the park is in, and you will never hear me complain. i just dont need to hear someone complain about there management on a message board. its not like management refuses to give you a shovel and a rake... you have the tools you need, do your job. shitty management sucks, but your in no place to complain, being low woman on the totem pole.

haha i`m not ranting. Justo i understand what your saying i was trying to get blues clues to understand somethings since she acts like she knows so much about what goes on about blues park. but obviously its not working. and Oakley whatever, your ignorant. you don`t know me and you dont know how hard i actually do work. As well as people like Stevo and Finkin that i would work with every night so don`t even start. I`m done posting here since half of you with the exception of like 3 people actually don`t even know what they are talking about. and like i said, if park crew sucks so bad, then sign up for it and do something about it! Haters.

to oakley et. al's credit, you stevo and finkin are probably doing more work than anyone else on park crew... we'll find out tomorrow what the setup is, and hopefully rice has brought in some kids that are going to work and make the parks at blue as good as they should be this year.

ignorant, no, not at all. i ride every condition, any chance i get, and any shape the park is in, and you will never hear me complain. i just dont need to hear someone complain about there management on a message board. its not like management refuses to give you a shovel and a rake... you have the tools you need, do your job. shitty management sucks, but your in no place to complain, being low woman on the totem pole.

I know i said i wasnt posting anymore, but working at blue is not my life but when i work i do as much as i can. I don`t even ride there so do you really think i care what my level of employment is on "the totem pole". And you act like someone doesnt complain about their management in just about every thread there is about Blue mountain. So news flash, its nothing new and I`m far from the first to do so. And what does it matter if i`m a girl or a boy. Hey mister, don`t be sexist now. That makes no difference.

Edited by girls.ride.harder

I know i said i wasnt posting anymore, but working at blue is not my life but when i work i do as much as i can. I don`t even ride there so do you really think i care what my level of employment is on "the totem pole". And you act like someone doesnt complain about their management in just about every thread there is about Blue mountain. So news flash, its nothing new and I`m far from the first to do so. And what does it matter if i`m a girl or a boy. Hey mister, don`t be sexist now. That makes no difference.

haha i meant nothing by saying "woman", just thought you would get more offended if i said man. anyway im not trying to insult you i just dont like hearing people complain. i give you props for working on park crew, and working HARD. i do enjoy blues parks for the most part by the way. i'll be up saturday morning to ride for a while, maybe i'll see you up there. didnt mean to sound like a dick, sorry.

haha i meant nothing by saying "woman", just thought you would get more offended if i said man. anyway im not trying to insult you i just dont like hearing people complain. i give you props for working on park crew, and working HARD. i do enjoy blues parks for the most part by the way. i'll be up saturday morning to ride for a while, maybe i'll see you up there. didnt mean to sound like a dick, sorry.

lol like its all good i dont get offended easily. You just have to understand, when i know that the people whom i`ve worked with and myself work damn hard, being told we don`t do shit doesn`t really go over well haha. I`ll be at boulder all weekend but from what i`ve heard from rice the come around park sounds fun and has a few things blue has never tried before. So i hope that everyone enjoys it.

lol like its all good i dont get offended easily. You just have to understand, when i know that the people whom i`ve worked with and myself work damn hard, being told we don`t do shit doesn`t really go over well haha. I`ll be at boulder all weekend but from what i`ve heard from rice the come around park sounds fun and has a few things blue has never tried before. So i hope that everyone enjoys it.

nice i'll be at boulder tomorrow then i'll be sampling blue saturday, should be a fun weekend. hope this rice guy knows what hes doing

its funny, i saw the park crew sitting around smoking cigs today on the side of comearound

hahahahahahaha i was going to take a picture but i didn't feel like getting my phone out.

Two Park Crue members were laying on their snowmobiles next to the first jump with their feet up on the handle bars.

Lexie and i get shit done. Whenever i'm working, i do my best to make the parks as good as possible. I won't lie, sometimes it's impossible. Most of the time, we're working with absolutely unworkable snow, whether it be rock hard ice, or sugar snow. I earn the small paycheck i get every 2 weeks, and i make it worth it for the mountain to give me a season pass. There are some people who work on park crew that really care, and really try to make the best of everything.

its funny, i saw the park crew sitting around smoking cigs today on the side of comearound

how bout the ones that werent sitting on their snowmobile who were fixing the lip on the jump and the rail next to the snowmobiles? there were like 6 park crew kids in the park, they really didnt all need to be working and they probably werent all on the clock anyway. rice and crew did a great job with come around. its way more fun than opening day has been the past few years at blue. my only hope was the flat down flat, but i guess i can wait for that since there are a few other fun rails out right now, and the jump is actually built correctly. good job guys and lexi!

park was NICE tonight. i enjoyed it.

I`m glad everyone (most people) liked it. I wasn`t there but i`m glad it was kept nice. And Justins right Shopey, alot of times the kids who are sitting around aren't even on the clock. Everyone on park crew is close friends so they like to chill together and thats how it always is. If theres 6 kids on the trail, only 3-4 of them are working at one time. Kids still wear their park crew jackets and even fix things while they are off the clock.

well we appreciate what you do. but i dont believe you. i saw blues park crew once in the last 2 years and when i did they were cutting a lip with a chainsaw, like it really matters if it has nice square edge? i know i dont care, and that lip sucked anyway. just dont come work at bear creek, ok?

I've never heard of anyone rocking a chainsaw at blue. Are you sure you're not talking about boulder? I know they do that. When i heard they did that i thought about how good of an idea it was, but i've never heard of anyone at blue using a chainsaw.

I've never heard of anyone rocking a chainsaw at blue. Are you sure you're not talking about boulder? I know they do that. When i heard they did that i thought about how good of an idea it was, but i've never heard of anyone at blue using a chainsaw.

saw them use it a few times last year at Blue.

no. it was blue. the top rail section where they had that long flat box and stuff. it was stupid.

Good Luck Jason. Should be easy to fill Keith's boot's. Hopefully you hire a new crew and get a few guys/girls that actually work on the features instead of standing around smoking.

maby u should shove ur foot right up ur a** cause u had no idea what it was like to work there last year. and i hope u dont make park crew and by the way keith was an awesome dude!!

I don't know who Rice or anyone else is, but whoever thought of putting that huge box on a banked angle like that had a really good idea. Same goes for the little barrel jib at the end. Creativity goes a long way at a mountain like Blue. You don't have the funding or space to make it a pro-level park, so you just have to be creative with what you have.

Extra props go out to the person who can creatively disassemble all those ridiculous circus rails and make them into something more realistic.

Oh and if anybody wants my two cents: I think it would be cool if the space on sidewinder where that big trapezoidal box was last year (in the bend next to the biggest jump) became a small features park with tires, barrels, butter boxes/pads and any other small creative stuff you can think of. That way after your knees swell up from icy Pocono jump sessions you could hike some small features and be out of everyone's way at the same time.

Edited by jhartley

Creativity goes a long way at a mountain like Blue. You don't have the funding or space to make it a pro-level park, so you just have to be creative with what you have.

Extra props go out to the person who can creatively disassemble all those ridiculous circus rails and make them into something more realistic.

i believe those rediculous circus rails were attempts at being creative but ended up bein an epic failure kind of like Ski Patrol: the tv show

I don't know who Rice or anyone else is, but whoever thought of putting that huge box on a banked angle like that had a really good idea.

x2. i really like that too. that was my favorite feature up there when i went last weekend.

Edited by K2rider