Big Boulder 11/29

AtomicSkier

I pulled into the BB parking lot at 8am, got my season pass picture taken, and then was on the snow by 8:30. I immediately hit Big Boulder Park/Trail which had features at the bottom of Premature Jibulation. The top 3/4 was heaven though. What a night and day difference between Blue Mountain and BB. BB's snow was buttery soft, and actually felt like REAL snow, unlike the rock hard crap at Blue. Also, people don't show up at BB super early which is nice, because I had the trail to myself until like 10am, when I took two runs over on Love Park, and then headed back to Big Boulder Park because I saw Dbam roll in. Conditions stayed amazing the whole morning. It was relatively cold, but no snow guns were on. The jump they had setup was HUGE, and the snow wall was pretty large as well. I rode the lift twice with Dbam...hadn't seen him in awhile. But I left after 22 runs, as I have to pick someone up at the airport. Awesome day, probably be back tomorrow!

I pulled into the BB parking lot at 8am, got my season pass picture taken, and then was on the snow by 8:30. I immediately hit Big Boulder Park/Trail which had features at the bottom of Premature Jibulation. The top 3/4 was heaven though. What a night and day difference between Blue Mountain and BB. BB's snow was buttery soft, and actually felt like REAL snow, unlike the rock hard crap at Blue. Also, people don't show up at BB super early which is nice, because I had the trail to myself until like 10am, when I took two runs over on Love Park, and then headed back to Big Boulder Park because I saw Dbam roll in. Conditions stayed amazing the whole morning. It was relatively cold, but no snow guns were on. The jump they had setup was HUGE, and the snow wall was pretty large as well. I rode the lift twice with Dbam...hadn't seen him in awhile. But I left after 22 runs, as I have to pick someone up at the airport. Awesome day, probably be back tomorrow!

whoa wait did i read that right? season pass at jfbb?

You got a JFBB pass Jeff? Gotta say I didnt see that one coming

thats almost like clay aiken saying hes gay except everyone and there mother saw that coming

whats this world coming to? gas is under $2. ajeff has a jfbb pass, skiing in november? now what would really put the icing on the cake would be gss saying he had a girl. hope you guys like icing-less cake

Perhaps :) But rest assured, we're going to be extending a similar "discount" on a monthly basis to members. Stay tuned!

Years back when I was part owner in a small online boardshop JFBB was very generous towards us. Keep us updated on any type of season pass group discount. I think there are many who would drive a little further and deal with a little less vert, in exchange for great snow, lower crowds, longer season and a discount.

At the current moment, I'd rather ski 1/2 the vert, and 10x better conditions. Blue just sucks hardcore right now. I'm going to ski Blue monday night...hopefully it'll be better :)

Wow I was blown away when you said "season pass picture" but that is the rational I took when I chose JFBB. It takes longer to get in as much vert, no trail is as good as Razors/Challenge at Blue, but there is good skiing to be had no matter what the weather.

Yeah, I thought I saw Jeff in Guest Services at 8am. I was just about to say something to him when I saw him getting a season pass photo taken. I said to myself, no that can't be Jeff. But then every time I saw him on the slopes he had a huge smile on his face.

BB was fun Sat morning. No crowds at all until around noon when we left. We were planning on going Sunday but when I heard the freezing rain hitting the window of my bedroom, I reconsidered. Jr. Race program begins Dec 13 at Frost. I guess I'll be over there a lot this season.

Wasn't a big fan of the jump. I was having trouble judging speed all day, first hit I straighted and landed way deep and second I speed checked and knuckled rather hard. Lost a toenail in the process. It's still pretty big though, I'd say around 35ft. Slight step-up, steep ass landing, and a monster knuckle.