12-7-08 at Blue!

toast21602

Just got back from a decent 2.5 hour session at Blue after we got a few inches of snow last night. GrilledSteeze, AtomicJeff, BMT, and Moe were all in attendance. Left my house a little early because the roads weren't the greatest... the cleanest road that i drove was just a few tire tracks.

n39300404_30741432_3912.jpg

We were the first in line ready to open up the place. the snow looked good, for sure. Doug and Jeff were there as well, of course.

n39300404_30741420_326.jpg

n39300404_30741419_5.jpg

Conditions were pretty damn good for being PA. The two inches of snow that fell was groomed since it fell early last night and made for a nice smooth ride for a couple of runs before it got all turned up.

n39300404_30741421_626.jpg

the first few lift rides up the mt were pretty empty, but you could tell that the crowds were starting to roll in when you needed to thread the needle in the middle of Main and Midway...

n39300404_30741431_3585.jpg

oh hey, thats me.

The nice lifties at Blue were kind enough to clean off most of the chairs so my ass didnt get wet from sitting on 2 inches of snow. how kind. after it got crowded and i had to wait a few minutes in the lift line i decided to head out.

n39300404_30741427_2372.jpg

it ended up being a pretty good morning session at Blue for only have 3 real trails open. Lazy was being groomed while i was there, but didn't open up b the time that i left. oh well, maybe i'll be up again tomorrow.

hopefully the pictures make it a little more interesting. i know i hate reading trip reports without pictures that just talk about what music was being played on the way up the hill. haha. Anybody going to be at Blue tomorrow afternoon around 4?

Thanks man. Blue looks like winter wonderland your shots. Any new trails opened yet?

Lazy opened today... judging by everything that they were blowing on and the amount of snow that was piled around, they could easily have the 6pack open tomorrow. buttttt, i think they will most likely wait until the weekend, since that seems to be the trend around there. from the webcam, it still looks like they are making copious amounts of snow all over, which is good.

I talked to some of the guys on patrol yesterday and they were hoping to have tut's open today and the 6-pack but he was like it will service the same terrain that's open now.

yeah, not going to happen. They were hoping it would be open. The owners, not so much. that just means more money to spend.

Lazy did open today, about 3 lift rides after you left Toast. We waited about 3 minutes at the top, while the ski patrol held everyone back, and as soon as he let everyone go, I got into my bullet tuck, and of course, was the first one at the bottom :)

Anyway, awesome day, for sure. Got to see with Moe, and we even hit up the BMDI afterwards. Conditions were pretty freakin nice, though I could've done without the wind slowing me down at the bottom of Main Street.

Had a blast skiin with everyone, 3 more runs woulda made it better, and only the old man was stoked to hike Tut's or poach a closed run. Fresh sausage won out. Had the Coombas on, and was really happy with their performance on the conditions out there, which were 100% better than Thursday. Props to Blue. Now open the 6 pack by Thursday. I dare them....:)

PASR CullinaryCorner Kaffee Klatsch:

BMDI had good sausage, a teeny salty, but the cute waitron staff prevented me from sending it back (j/k, rumor has it they're all pregnant, but I couldn't tell) so the food there must make gals fertile. $5 bfast is way cheaper than an infertility clinic.

Awesome..now we need to see if we can get Sexkitten and Bob to join..and Phillycore. Was Bear Creek crowded?

ehh, not really crowded. It seemed like there were a lot of groups for ski school. But the trails were kinda empty...the lift lines only got really long once.

Had my first encounter with the infamous Blue Ski Patrol today.

Shortly after the lazy mile was opened, I was following a friend who took me through some trees which was a bad idea to begin with. After getting out I crossed the trail and did a 180 on the side of of the trail.

I was then pulled over by Greg(I think) who proceeded to tell me how I'm not supposed to be in the trees and that I should do 180's in the park. Followed by questioning my smart style and concluding with a speech how he wasnt being a dick because if he was he would have 'wrote me a ticket'.

Aside from that I had a pretty awesome day of riding the park.

Had a blast skiin with everyone, 3 more runs woulda made it better, and only the old man was stoked to hike Tut's or poach a closed run. Fresh sausage won out. Had the Coombas on, and was really happy with their performance on the conditions out there, which were 100% better than Thursday. Props to Blue. Now open the 6 pack by Thursday. I dare them....:)

you really skied coombas at blue? could you get in more than 5 turns top to bottom?

Got there around 7:55 and was booted up and moving by 8:10... Was starting to get annoyed by all the needle-threading on main street.

Was hanging out down by the lift near the exit of lazy (I thought that was a safe place to make a phone call) when a Chinese Downhill appears and whooshes past me. I guess I picked the exact wrong time to be standing at that very spot right when they opened Lazy. :D

I had only planned to stay the morning, but I decided to hang out on Lazy in all its death-cookied glory. The crowds finally pissed me off around 2 and left around then.

Got there around 7:55 and was booted up and moving by 8:10... Was starting to get annoyed by all the needle-threading on main street.

Was hanging out down by the lift near the exit of lazy (I thought that was a safe place to make a phone call) when a Chinese Downhill appears and whooshes past me. I guess I picked the exact wrong time to be standing at that very spot right when they opened Lazy. :D

I had only planned to stay the morning, but I decided to hang out on Lazy in all its death-cookied glory. The crowds finally pissed me off around 2 and left around then.

Hahahh was the leader of the Chinese downhill wearing blue? :D

I'm back from setting a tombstone down in King of Prussia and I'm psyched to leave for Blue mountain the true mountain in 6 hours...woo hoo..JEA!!!!! High Five for early December stoke...wear your balaclava..it's mad brick out there..

I'm going to roll up about 1 so I can be back before dinner...get out of work early :lol:

Hahahh was the leader of the Chinese downhill wearing blue? :D

I should have been paying attention but wasnt :D

I was facing the lift and partially up mainstreet when I heard "scrap scrape whoosh whoosh"

I was kicking myself for not getting one of the first runs down lazy. I was doubly kicking myself for standing there and stupidly thinking it was a safe place for now :P