Storm Reports for Weekend of 1/9

Melissa

Here is the NWS watch for Scranton:

Winter Storm Watch for Lackawanna County, PA

from 7 am EST, Sat., Jan. 10, 2009 until 7 am EST, Sun., Jan. 11, 2009

Issued by The National Weather Service

Binghamton, NY

8:56 am EST, Fri., Jan. 9, 2009

... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

A WINTER STORM WILL APPROACH OUT OF THE OHIO VALLEY EARLY SATURDAY AND SPREAD SNOW ACROSS NORTHERN PENNSYLVANIA AND SOUTHERN NEW YORK.

THE SNOW WILL BEGIN AROUND SUNRISE SATURDAY MORNING... AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES DURING THE AFTERNOON. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL OVER THE NORTHERN TIER OF PENNSYLVANIA... EASTWARD THROUGH SULLIVAN COUNTY OF NEW YORK.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW TAPERS OFF SUNDAY MORNING... 6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT BECAUSE HEAVY SNOW IS A POSSIBILITY... BUT NOT A CERTAINTY. AT THIS TIME... THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 INCHES OR MORE. TRAVEL CONDITIONS COULD BECOME HAZARDOUS... SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN THE WATCH AREA.

The local paper says that the valley will see less, but you never know!

Hell Yeah...Serious Stoke!!!! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it..I'm about to lose control and I think I like it....

Gah! Now I have that song stuck in my head. <sighs> I guess that's better than let it snow...let is snow...let it snow! The car is packed and we are headed up as soon as the school bus spits out the littlest ski bums in this family.

Here's to a weekend of fresh snow. Yay!

GO EAGLES!

Edited by JFBBMomski

OHhhh NWS thinks the storm is a cause for concern... we just got upgraded from orange (Winter Storm Watch) to red (Winter Storm Warning). Good thing I just got my tires rotated.... but too bad they suck in the snow!!

Winter Storm Warning for Lackawanna County, PA

from 7 am EST, Sat., Jan. 10, 2009 until 7 am EST, Sun., Jan. 11, 2009

Updated 9 Jan 2009 5:50 pm Local Time

Issued by The National Weather Service

Binghamton, NY

4:07 pm EST, Fri., Jan. 9, 2009

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST SUNDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

A WINTER STORM WILL APPROACH FROM THE CENTRAL PLAINS LATE TONIGHT AND SPREAD SNOW INTO NORTHERN PENNSYLVANIA AFTER DAYBREAK TOMORROW.

STEADY SNOW WILL BEGIN ACROSS THE WYOMING AND LACKAWANNA VALLEYS AFTER DAYBREAK AND SPREAD EAST BY LATE MORNING. SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON AND CONTINUING THROUGH THE EVENING. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS SUNDAY MORNING.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE AREA... WITH THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS OVER THE NORTHERN TIER OF PENNSYLVANIA AND THE WESTERN CATSKILLS. THERE IS A CHANCE THAT SLEET MAY MIX IN SOUTH OF A HAZLETON TO MATAMORAS LINE. IF THIS OCCURS... SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE SLIGHTLY LOWER.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

hahahaha yeah right... its rather dark here and I have 33 degrees.

hah ok maybe its not 38 but its not cold. and uh papasteeze i have a secret rail spot for nips and his boys. you might already know where it is but idk

hah ok maybe its not 38 but its not cold. and uh papasteeze i have a secret rail spot for nips and his boys. you might already know where it is but idk

tell me.... we are filming when snow hits and we are actually here. Wanna go?

this is the one we have been waiting for snow for..

1152215069Wishful%20thinking%20KHS%20resized%206-2-06.jpg

and this one.... huge bust factor........

1231545006101_0956.JPG

tell me.... we are filming when snow hits and we are actually here. Wanna go?

this is the one we have been waiting for snow for..

1152215069Wishful%20thinking%20KHS%20resized%206-2-06.jpg

and this one.... huge bust factor........

1231545006101_0956.JPG

its at Penn London Elementary. its around back and there is two 16 sets with 3 rails each. all straight circle rails with no kinks. the only bad thing is there is no real steep run up so the skiers will have to skate. i dont have pics but if i get a chance i will try to post some up

no worries, no need for skating.. is that school on baltimore pike next to the shopping center?

1231546484drop-in_ramp_278.JPG

yeah take route 1 to the jennersville exit. go towards giant down 796 and keep going the school will be on your left. the rails are around back. cant miss them.

its actually dumping pretty hard right now. 1" and counting.

Woot! Low air levels are moistening up, dump. baby, dump. Lookin good for a PASR morning session Sunday. :) Anyone in the Manayunk area in need of a ride, PM me. Prolly stay until about 1-2 and head home. On the road by 6AM.