A car load for $69?

Papasteeze

Well aint this special... :lol:

CARLOAD CRAZE- $69* per load

How many snowsport enthusiasts can you fit in one vehicle?

3? 4? 5? 6? OR MORE?

Lets see...this Thursday Night at Big Boulder. This is how it works grab some friends and all your gear and head out to Big Boulder Thursday night February 12 starting at 3:00pm. You need at least 3 people in the car and maximum 5 to get the $69 per load, but if you can stuff more than 5 each additional rider is $14

*Cannot be combined with any other discounts. Season Pass holders do not apply towards car count

What ...you thinking safety is an issue?

Who's idea was it to put a handrail in the middle of a ski hill?

This is nothing less than darwinism at work.

If there is a rail in the way...ski around it. Not really a safety issue :)

I can see it now...6 people stuffed into the back seat of a car just to get the deal. lol

What ...you thinking safety is an issue?

Who's idea was it to put a handrail in the middle of a ski hill?

This is nothing less than darwinism at work.

Who's idea was it to put a rail on the middle of a ski hill? funny you ask. you should really find out, and thank them. they pretty much helped rejuvinate the sport.

but yeah, you're right.

the amount of people i see come into the hospital for car accidents while not wearing seatbelts (hundreds) FAR outnumbers the amount of people i see coming in because they skied into a rail (0)

Edited by toast21602

college discount is wed.

Big Boulder College Night

Current College students (with valid college ID)

Every Wednesday, after December 31st, 3pm to 9pm

$15 snow pass, $10 rentals, Drink Specials

I'm usually up at boulder about 3 times during the week and im honestly getting fed up with the place. park crew has been practically non existant during most days so rails and boxes are sticky as hell etc. usually spend time riding jumps but even that can go wrong when they dont groom some days. ive been up there probably 5 tiems this year where nothing has been groomed so there is 2 inches of slow ass snow on top of a rock hard surface and it makes hitting jumps impossible. if the name is big boulder "PARK" and you open up at 3. you got plenty of damn time to make sure everything is in prime shape when it comes opening time.

who says anything unsafe has to go on? what if i owned a ford e350 shortbus? i could fit like 15 people in my car!

Its all cool.

Anything to get the kids out to play is fine by me.

I was just making the safety jab at the rails in the middle of the hill.

I saw a girl with a broken arm on Friday night and it wasn't pretty.

And she was no noobe.

No one will ever dispute the fact that snowboarding saved the failing ski industry 15 years ago.

Snowboarders are a whole other breed of rider than skiers were back then.

Skiers would only come out to ski on "good" snow in great weather.

Snowboarders didn't give a hoot if it was 5 degrees or 50 degrees, raining, ice, no snow...just mud...

they didn't care. They would slide on anything.

This really confused the ski resorts. They have to make the decision to close the lifts at some point

on very rainy days because history showed nobody skis in that much rain.

Boarders would buy lift tickets even if the mud was shin deep on the sides of the white strip of snow

and when they slid into the mud they looked like frogs hopping out of a pond.

Skiers complained a lot about mud all over the lift seats ruining their onesies.

Anyone who likes to grind rails can play that game but I'd like BB to keep Tannebaum an

open hill and not a bonk yard. It was a nice hill to lap all night.

You guys know me by now. I'll slide on anything except sticky NO GO snow.

I'll be wearing rain slicker pants tomorrow so I stay dry when sitting on the puddles on the lift in the rain. If it rains. No rain here all day even though the weatherman said it will rain.

I'm usually up at boulder about 3 times during the week and im honestly getting fed up with the place. park crew has been practically non existant during most days so rails and boxes are sticky as hell etc. usually spend time riding jumps but even that can go wrong when they dont groom some days. ive been up there probably 5 tiems this year where nothing has been groomed so there is 2 inches of slow ass snow on top of a rock hard surface and it makes hitting jumps impossible. if the name is big boulder "PARK" and you open up at 3. you got plenty of damn time to make sure everything is in prime shape when it comes opening time.

hmmmm interesting... there is a promotion to increase traffic on the weekday when it might be possible that traffic is down because of your observations?

just guessing and stirring the pot.

Edited by Papasteeze

been up there probably 5 tiems this year where nothing has been groomed so there is 2 inches of slow ass snow on top of a rock hard surface and it makes hitting jumps impossible.

Just was wondering if the ONLY time you come to play is if snow is falling from the sky.

We get a few inches once in a while around here that makes sticky NO GO SNOW and its the only time

I come in off the snow when we get that kind of snow.

If they groomed the trails before 3 and snow falls all day then you won't get to slide.

You just stick in that kind of snow.

If you want to play in the park in soft stuff you will be very limited.

Very few days of hero snow in the Poconoes.

As I do go every weekday, for 3 years now, I can tell you from my experience that

we have had less than 5 days of sticky gluey snow this year and the rest of the time

nice fast rideable snow.

Thats the snow, I can't tell you about the hits in the park. I don't jump shit. I'm too old for

that game.

Its all cool.

Anything to get the kids out to play is fine by me.

I was just making the safety jab at the rails in the middle of the hill.

I saw a girl with a broken arm on Friday night and it wasn't pretty.

And she was no noobe.

No one will ever dispute the fact that snowboarding saved the failing ski industry 15 years ago.

Snowboarders are a whole other breed of rider than skiers were back then.

Skiers would only come out to ski on "good" snow in great weather.

Snowboarders didn't give a hoot if it was 5 degrees or 50 degrees, raining, ice, no snow...just mud...

they didn't care. They would slide on anything.

This really confused the ski resorts. They have to make the decision to close the lifts at some point

on very rainy days because history showed nobody skis in that much rain.

Boarders would buy lift tickets even if the mud was shin deep on the sides of the white strip of snow

and when they slid into the mud they looked like frogs hopping out of a pond.

Skiers complained a lot about mud all over the lift seats ruining their onesies.

Anyone who likes to grind rails can play that game but I'd like BB to keep Tannebaum an

open hill and not a bonk yard. It was a nice hill to lap all night.

You guys know me by now. I'll slide on anything except sticky NO GO snow.

I'll be wearing rain slicker pants tomorrow so I stay dry when sitting on the puddles on the lift in the rain. If it rains. No rain here all day even though the weatherman said it will rain.

Hahah that's some interesting history... :rolleyes:

hmmmm interesting... there is a promotion to increase traffic on the weekday when it might be possible that traffic is down because of your observations?

just guessing and stirring the pot.

yeah that could be the guess. its pretty much been dead every day there besides the school buses of kids that come occasionally

Just was wondering if the ONLY time you come to play is if snow is falling from the sky.

We get a few inches once in a while around here that makes sticky NO GO SNOW and its the only time

If they groomed the trails before 3 and snow falls all day then you won't get to slide.

As I do go every weekday, for 3 years now, I can tell you from my experience that

we have had less than 5 days of sticky gluey snow this year and the rest of the time

nice fast rideable snow.

Thats the snow, I can't tell you about the hits in the park. I don't jump shit. I'm too old for

that game.

no i actually never want to ride if snow is falling from the sky. i go to boudler to ride the park. that type of snow you are talknig about makes riding jumps of any considerable size (aka boulder park) unhittable. my entire post before was about riding the pakrs at boulder and how they usually arent up to par during the week. i dont drive to the place to go make some hardboot turns on mittelweg or draufganger. and from what i have seen before, boulder park and widow park are usually the last two trails of the day that are groomed and all these days i have mentioned there was no grooming at all done on these trails. i was there on monday and every feature in freedom park was untouched and sticky. first jump on widow parks landing was chopped up and chunky from the day before. the lip on the 2nd jump was completely beat up from what looked to be skiers walking up the lip. i could have understood that if it was around 5 30 or 6 at night but this was at 3pm right after they opened. so that was obviously also untouched as well from the weekend.

nice fast rideable snow.

that game.

You know, this one time at band camp... :rolleyes: