Father's Day at Blue

RootDKJ

So, I got the flyers that Blue sent out about a month ago and was getting psyched up to enter into their BBQ contest with my Orion.

Barbeque Cook Off

Love to barbeque? Got a secret recipe? Do you have what it takes to win? Oh, it's on!...It's on like Donkey Kong! Let the chicken and rib grillin' begin! Register now for our Father's Day Barbeque Cook Off. We will be awarding over $1000.00 in cash and prizes.

bbqcookoff.jpg

That is until I got their email today. $50 registration to provide others with free food? C'mon Blue, get serious here. Adding another $50 bucks onto all of my other costs is why I won't be there.

That's all, I've vented and feel better.

Is a registration fee seems steep and if you were going to be cooking, I'd definitely make it a point to get my ass up there. I would likely buy beer and other food as well..oh well..

Yeah, now I'll be making ribs at home

Edited by RootDKJ

if enough PASR's will be up there biking maybe each with throw in a little change to cover the fee, assuming we can eat the food too. i'm thinking about heading up and i'd be down to exchange a couple bucks for a good meal. just a thought

if enough PASR's will be up there biking maybe each with throw in a little change to cover the fee, assuming we can eat the food too. i'm thinking about heading up and i'd be down to exchange a couple bucks for a good meal. just a thought

good idea, i'd be in

+2

Sorry guys, not my style. Thanks anyway.

I shot an email off to bbq@skibluemt.com suggesting that the fee get waived for returning passholders who have already paid for next years pass.

hopefully the bbq thang works out, this sounds like some good cookin' tho, from vmb:

We'll have a new beginner trail for Father's Day at Blue. So far the trail is pretty awesome. It should be over 2 miles long easy. The trail starts at the top of the Super D but cuts out the uphill. You use connector to go back into the Super D trailhead. After the first woods section the trail makes a left under the lift and heads down to Burma Rd. The trail then goes on and off Burma with some friendly berms and plenty of fun winding turns to the bottom (couple tables). There will be 2 other downhill trails opened as well, to give us a total of 6ish trails. More if you count them like ski trails. The DS track will be open also so we should have plenty of trails available for the day. Lifts are open 11 - 8pm for $15. Ridiculous

There will also be plenty of other attractions and events for the whole family: Barb-Q cook-off, chainsaw chix, mechanical bull rides, balloon rides, inflatable bouncing stuff??, old cars, hot rods, beer Come on out for a great day and an excuse to ride with the family!!

- Dan

Vertical Earth

I'm hoping to hit it for a few, anybody else?