hello from bromley!

Sensi

hi

im new to the site. found a sticker on a pole at stowe. does anyone here ride bromley? their park is terrible but they have awesome sunshine!

please reply if you ski there. i would love to meet new people.

woah, you guys need a vermont forum asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by StickyIcky

hi

im new to the site. found a sticker on a pole at stowe. does anyone here ride bromley? their park is terrible but they have awesome sunshine!

please reply if you ski there. i would love to meet new people.

woah, you guys need a vermont forum asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to PASR! I'd like to give Bromley a try maybe somtime even though it's so small compared to other surrounding mountains. The former GM of Camelback in PA went to work up there about 3 years ago go, great guy. Would love to check the place out somtime if I could get a free or discount ticket :)

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

We stayed at Bromley 2 years ago because it was cheaper than Stratton. Stratton is much bigger with more terrain, but I really did enjoy Bromley. All the trails end near the lodge. Kind of impossible for me to lose track of my kids, which is always a problem when exploring a new mountain. Bromley seemed very laid back and the crowds were non existant. I would definitely go back if I had the opportunity.

I really like Bromley, great little mountain. Seems like everyone there likes to stay on the groomed stuff. Lots of fun stuff to be found in the trees, not the designated glades. They never get touched besides the few people who work there who pointed me in the right direction, thanks if you are out there . The bartender makes a mean drink as well. I will be back again.

I love Bromley! :rock

Hi StickyIcky,

Welcome to PASR...usually people write about Vermont mountains in the other mountains forum. I've never skied Bromley but I heard the southern exposure is beneficial on cold midwinter days but it's bad for snow preservation in the springtime. I've never skied Bromley. I'm a northern Vermont fanboy so I usually go to Stowe or Sugarbush. Early season I'm more likely to ski Okemo or Killington due to superior snowmaking...I've heard it's a pretty mellow mountain but I'm sure good compared to PA..I drove by it on the way back from Okemo a few years ago and it's literally right next to the road..I think 112..ahahahha...now 112 is reminding me of the song Peaches and Cream..

It's Route 11.

Trees at Bromley are ok but Magic is a much better mountain and is in the same general area.

I never been to Magic but will have to check it out. I want to hit up some of the smaller mountains in Vermont this year. I also wanna get to Stowe, still have not made it up there.

I never been to Magic but will have to check it out. I want to hit up some of the smaller mountains in Vermont this year. I also wanna get to Stowe, still have not made it up there.

Ascutney accesses one amazing run everything else is worthless, this run however is world class.

Suicide Six is tiny but no one is ever there so its good for a half day or something, fun low angle trees.

Bolton has some good BC stuff and one decent run but most of the hill is pretty flat

Burke is a great mountain, constant empty bleachers with a great little town nearby, best mountain food in VT. BMA is there though so lots of uber rich aholes. Great trees.

Magic is a gnarly little mtn with lots of cliffs and glades, always empty, they don't blow snow so if mother nature hasn't provided its going to be crazy boney. Almost always this close to going out of business.

Pico is a nice mtn that sees far less crowds than Killy, lacks sustained steepness and the lifts run infrequently at best.

Queeche Lakes has two trails and is for noobs that want to learn, don't go there.

I've never been to the bowl, hopefully this year I can get up there.

The rest are well publicized.

I don't know why I am focusing on this aspect, but I thought this was cool. GSS and Dime, were you guys putting stickers up last April? Goes to show you that advertising does work.

I've seen them all over VT, Stowe and Burke I distinctly remember. Weird but someone from here must be putting them up because they are all over.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...