vermont trip suggestions?

rastasquid

So last year I took a trip to Killington with some friends and it was fantastic. We are looking do do another trip this year for a couple of days, but we aren't sure where. None of us have ever been anywhere except Killington up there. Last year we got in on a college trip for $300 for 3 days of lift tickets and a condo and bus ride but this year we have to plan it on our own, so we are trying to get away as cheap as possible. Most of us snowboard, but don't care much about park if that matters in your suggestions. Thanks in advance guys!

If you had fun at Killington than Stowe would probably be the obvious answer...

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for though...

Trees, Steeps, Moguls, Long Groomers,Fast lifts, Party or Family atmosphere, etc...

wow thanks for the fast reply! To fill in some more info, we are looking primarily for steeps, long groomers and some trees. Atmosphere isn't super important, if there is a party atmosphere we'll go out and party, if not, we'll bring the party :rock

If you want to make the haul up to Jay there tickets are pretty reasonable and I'm sure you can find a cheap place to stay since it's basically in the middle of no where. Terrain and snow isn't half bad either.

wow thanks for the fast reply! To fill in some more info, we are looking primarily for steeps, long groomers and some trees. Atmosphere isn't super important, if there is a party atmosphere we'll go out and party, if not, we'll bring the party :rock

I know you said Vermont, but I wouldn't rule out Lake Placid / Whiteface. There's plenty of what you're looking for there and you can do it on the cheap too. If you're coming form PA, you can get there in about the same time as Killington.

I don't know what dates your looking for, and I know it's in Maine, but Sunday River has a pretty sweet college deal for 5 days 5 nights in the mid 300 range... I did it several years ago and it was a blast... Great terrain, good vibe, a decent park, and excellent accomodations...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

Don't be afraid to check out the ski and stay packages on the ski area websites. They're often the best deals when you factor in lift tickets. Especially mid-week. Many even include breakfast or if you get a condo you can make your own meals.

does anyone else agree that the ski area sites offer generally the best deal when combining lift and lodging? That would make planning alot easier, to just use that as a general assumption.

What would you consider a reasonable drive to/from the mountain in the morning? If you're willing to have a 20-25 minute drive to the mountain, I'd suggest staying in Waterbury. It's right off 89, and there are some decent places to stay around there. From there, you can reach Stowe/Smuggs in about 20 mins, and Sugarbush/MRG in about 25. Gives you tons of variety if you can put it together in your price range.

What would you consider a reasonable drive to/from the mountain in the morning? If you're willing to have a 20-25 minute drive to the mountain, I'd suggest staying in Waterbury. It's right off 89, and there are some decent places to stay around there. From there, you can reach Stowe/Smuggs in about 20 mins, and Sugarbush/MRG in about 25. Gives you tons of variety if you can put it together in your price range.

Thats where I stayed when I went up to stowe for a long trip last year.