Philly man assaults boy at Blue.

toast21602

Blue Mountain skier punches Bethlehem boy for spraying snow, police say

10:21 p.m. EST, December 21, 2009

A Philadelphia man was charged with simple assault Sunday for knocking down and punching a 12-year-old Bethlehem boy who had sprayed snow on a friend at Blue Mountain Ski Resort, police said today.

Gregory R. Bergman, 21, walked up to the boy, whom police did not identify, at 5:50 p.m. and, after throwing him to the ground, slugged him several times, state police at Lehighton said.

Blue Mountain Ski Patrol took Bergman into custody and called police, who charged him with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct.

The boy was treated for his injuries at the Lower Towamensing Township scene and released to his father.

-- Reporting by Frank Warner, The Morning Call

story

i wonder if this is ttc6? or was his name rob?

Edited by toast21602

There are some freakin nutcases out there. Someone needs to lock this philly asshole in a Verizon store with TTC6 as a punishment. At least we don't have to deal with people from Jersey at Blue :banghead

This story is hilarious, but I rode the lift with some dude from Jersey today complaining to me how his two friends drank all his cranberry and vodka out of his camelback... Seems to me like a lot of people who ride Blue like to do it drunk which seems like a reasonable probable cause for this incident. Drunkies...

ahahahaha..and there are a shit-ton of Jersey plates at Blue...they are all farther back in the lot cause they get there at 9AM..sorry Root.. :nana

TTc6 weighs 200 lbs he said...solid muscle weighs alot..

Then the little brown muffin in the 1 piece hoodie with his back to us, whispering to Lib like a little schoolgirl at JFBB last season wasn't TT. Me and Core tip the scales at 200+, and we know what 200lbs looks like.

I don't ride drunk but I don't mind the occasional brewski or two taking a break.

This is pretty efffed up though. This guy has to have more issues than just being drunk to beat up a 12 year old. I would love to have seen Ski patrol take this guy into custody and hold him until the police arrived. Do you think they used a ski lock to cuff him?

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I don't ride drunk but I don't mind the occasional brewski or two taking a break.

This is pretty efffed up though. This guy has to have more issues than just being drunk to beat up a 12 year old. I would love to have seen Ski patrol take this guy into custody and hold him until the police arrived. Do you think they used a ski lock to cuff him?

Yeah, that's my question. How exactly does ski patrol take somebody 'into custody'? It's not like they're deputized by the Carbon County Sheriff or anything. My best guess is they took his pass, and told them he had to come talk to somebody at patrol base if he wanted it back. Keep bullshitting him long enough for PSP to get there and cuff him up. I hope the asshole gets the book thrown at him. Thank god he didn't get the bright idea of kicking the kid. Kicking a 12 year old with ski boots on would prob kill him. And be Assault w/ a Deadly Weapon, I'd guess.

The kid who got hit was fine and has actually been riding the past 2 days. It happened on Burma. In this kind of situation the mountain has the power to say "detain" whoever it was and call the state police. Its kind of like if you get caught stealing from a store they can hold you until the police come. The guy that hit the kid got roughed up a little before the ski patrol found out about what happened...

On a better note, Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

getting a ticket at a ski area sounds so funny.

Yeah Patrol we clocked a guy going 20 mph swerving erratically all over the slope.

Someone should make a spoof Ski Patrol show like Reno 911 is for Police. And dedicate it to Blue Mountain Ski Patrol.

Edited by Nidecker25
  • Like 1

Yeah Patrol we clocked a guy going 20 mph swerving erratically all over the slope.

Someone should make a spoof Ski Patrol show like Reno 911 is for Police. And dedicate it to Blue Mountain Ski Patrol.

that happened; it was called ski patrol. except it was 100% real. it was quite the side splitting comedy.

• Like 1

that happened; it was called ski patrol. except it was 100% real. it was quite the side splitting comedy.

I know I watched most of the Episodes, but it wasn't in the lines of how Reno 911 is, the slapstick comedy it's ment to be funny. The sad part about Ski Patrol was they were being serious.

That's why I said if they made a show like Reno 911 for Ski Patrol might be a riot when it's actually ment to be funny.

Edited by Nidecker25