Saturday 2/6 Roll Call

RootDKJ

It seems like lots of folks are getting stoked about the snow coming this weekend (I know I am). So I decided to start the Roll Call thread.

Hell, I'm even psyched to give them a really deep coat of wax tonight after school.

So, who's in for Saturday?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have to leave at 6:30 a.m. what time do I have to leave? 4:30 a.m.? What time is this storm supposed to roll through? And thanks to AJeff, my snow tires are now rotating in the proper direction. Bring on the snow.

Yeah...the drive might suck. Better get a large cup of DD.

If you have to leave at 6:30 a.m. what time do I have to leave? 4:30 a.m.? What time is this storm supposed to roll through? And thanks to AJeff, my snow tires are now rotating in the proper direction. Bring on the snow.

If I were you..I'd be out the door at 5:15. My drive is all on two lane roads...you have 476 that will hopefully allow for faster driving. That should put you in the Blue Mountain paring lot at 7:30, which is needed on a pow day to get first chair. its gunna be dick deep!

And good idea to do the tires before this weekend :)

i used to like driving in the snow till i moved back here. its not fun no matter how you look at it, its just straight up dangerous. this snow blows.

who put you treads on backwards doug? thats just stupid

It was johnnystyle...and his tires are directional, aka, the treads are designed best rotating in a certain direction. most tires are asymmetrical, aka, it doesn't matter which way they spin. I was checking out his tires, and pointed out all four were backwards...and that he only drive to aspen and back with them on opposite sides :banghead

oh, and i love driving in the snow...its challenging, but rewarding...especially when you pull into the blue lot and every other car is four wheel drive :)

I doubt we'll make it up to Blue if the snow is significant. Our drive is long on a dry day for pete's sake. I love skiing but not enough to drive 8 hours round trip for a day at Blue. Sorry.

Oooooo... I had a thought! Maybe I could crash at Doug's Friday night. Oh Doug...

Edited by sexkitten

According to latest AccuWx forecast, snow is supposed to start late Friday afternoon and last most, if not all of, Saturday. Looking at close to a foot of fresh. Plus another shot of snow next Wed-Thurs.

new map...6-12" looks like it moved a bit north :) all you philly people wanting first tracks in dick deep snow should consider getting a hotel room for the night in the LV...accuweather says its going to be paralyzing amounts of snow in the philly area.

iws2_430.jpg

although weather.com says something slightly different, and weather.com is usually more accurate :(

map_spectrop06_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg