Thursday...

phillycore

I'm thinking Thursday might be the better of the two (Wed / Thurs) this week with the new snow...

Both should kick ass honestly, but I'm leaning towards making the trek up on Thursday rather than Wednesday.

If the snow continues through the day wednesday it will pile up and be sick.

Being as Frost closes at 4 and the snow will continue through the night, they can groom earlier than a lot of the other mountains around.

This means there will be a sweet load of powder just piling up through the night sitting right on top of the best groomed slopes in Pa.

Thursday looks to be killer...IMO

Wednesday should be DAMN good as well, but for me who is living right at ground zero for these storms as of late and expecting another 18-24"

it's the better call for me to wait until Thursday and get up there first thing in the am.

Pa Powder for all!!!1

I just got home and was going to head to either blue or boulder tonight but Rendell

shutting down 76 / 476 to cars which means I can't get there...

You can still drive on 76/476 it isn't like there are police patrols or anything they just don't want to have to deal with stranded cars. If you have the right vehicle I'd leave now as it is only going to get worse.

Years ago I was on 95 when it was "closed" kinda nice because your the only car on the road besides drunk plow drivers.

Gonna be quite the drive tomorrow morning..Phillycore what time are you leaving for Jack Frost???

I drove to the wawa (like 2 blocks away) to gas up for tomorrow... AWD and got the sumbitch stuck twice...lol

on an uphill once while trying to turn left at top of hill onto another hill (ended up going straight instead)

and again trying to back into my driveway. (REALLY tight spot with all the piles of snow from everyone shovelling, and it's easily 16-18" in the street...lol)

Going to be a rough one tomorrow, leaving DelCo around 5:30-5:45 with shovel in trunk...lol)

I'm leaving in a few, a little later than I wanted to but I'll be there soon.

Look for a snowboarder with black pants (sometimes they look like a chocolate) and a red and tan jacket. Pair of red Oakleys on a gray hat. I'll probably be riding with my ipod if I'm solo so if you see me flag me down or yell really really loud! I'll mostly be around the East Mountain and the glades I suppose.

See Y'all out there!

We're giving a chance for the roads to clear a bit then heading up this afternoon. Kids have had off from school all week. Shif will you be up tomorow? It would be nice to meet you.

We're doing the same as Barb. Kids have off until Tuesday, so we're heading up for an evening session at BB and will be at JF all day Friday. I can not get over the amount of snow we got in the last 24 hours. We have 18 inches plus on the ground here in Central Jersey. I'm hoping Route 33 will be okay by this afternoon. Can't wait to hit the real snow.

Roads in the lehigh valley are fine....I live right by 22 and traffic is moving like 55mph. All the main roads here are down to blacktop but some secondars are still deep. Have Fun!!!!!

Good to get an eyewitness report! Thanks GSS...headed out in 30 minutes! Everyone enjoy the Pocono Pow.