2/25 Storm Roll Call

AtomicSkier

I'm going to head over to Wegmans around noon...maybe a little sooner.

The last conference call where I have to present information ends at 2pm, but I have to listen in on a con-call that lasts until 3. After that, I'm done for the day and will be at Blue.

I'm going to head over to Wegmans around noon...maybe a little sooner.

The last conference call where I have to present information ends at 2pm, but I have to listen in on a con-call that lasts until 3. After that, I'm done for the day and will be at Blue.

oh...while you're there...grab some beer for the parking lot :)

god damnit, you have no idea how pissed i am that my parents aren't letting me go...I want to go so fucking bad....my parents say it's an unnecessary risk to drive up there, especially on the way back.

bailing on today I think.... going to be too tough to drive through it up there and then have them possibly close the lift down for wind tonight then have to drive back to DelCo through the worst of it only to go to work in the am...

Friday at JF looks like more of a possibility right now, but even that's not a definite

god damnit, you have no idea how pissed i am that my parents aren't letting me go...I want to go so fucking bad....my parents say it's an unnecessary risk to drive up there, especially on the way back.

A much fun as PA fresh is, how would you feel if some idiot T-boned you on the way home? Not siding with your parents, just trying to make you feel better and to point out they have a point. I have AWD and almost ate shit a few times coming back from the 21" dump at Blue the other day. I kept thinking getting t-boned is not worth a powder day. Sure, if you can get there when there is little snow on the ground and ride out th storm at the mountain until the state gets the roads plowed, it's worth it. But, if you gotta drive up or back in the middle of the highest accumulations, maybe it's best just to be safe than sorry.

Just sayin.

I'm crossing my fingers to get out a bit early but not banking on it. I have to come up all the way through Philly too... Not looking good.

I know you got places to stay near Blue, but a few of us are headed up from Philly tomorrow and getting rooms if anyone wants to meet up. Plans are up in the air, but will probably be a combo of Blue, CB, and ESU bars.

Edited by TT C6

A much fun as PA fresh is, how would you feel if some idiot T-boned you on the way home? Not siding with your parents, just trying to make you feel better and to point out they have a point. I have AWD and almost ate shit a few times coming back from the 21" dump at Blue the other day. I kept thinking getting t-boned is not worth a powder day. Sure, if you can get there when there is little snow on the ground and ride out th storm at the mountain until the state gets the roads plowed, it's worth it. But, if you gotta drive up or back in the middle of the highest accumulations, maybe it's best just to be safe than sorry.

Just sayin.

I know you got places to stay near Blue, but a few of us are headed up from Philly tomorrow and getting rooms if anyone wants to meet up. Plans are up in the air, but will probably be a combo of Blue, CB, and ESU bars.

i'm sure you know this, but the best AWD system in the world gets you nowhere if you have crappy tires. that said, there's been many occasions i've passed SUVs stuck in ditches just because they're incompetent drives, and front or rear wheel drive cars can be just as capable. the minivan we rented in utah with chains on the front was plenty capable of driving through several inches of snow, and jeff's rwd car with good snow tires probably handles snow better than my AWD car with all seasons. chippy, if you're rocking a nissan sentra with all season tires, or something of the sort, i'd be a little wary...

Generally, my fear is having a some tool slide into me. I think I've got oversteer/understeer/traction under control by now. I've been driving rear wheel drive V8's with manual transmissions as my only transport (skiing too) for years. So, I've always had to run 2 sets of wheels/tires.

With that said, I LOVE having a AWD for the daily beater now. Embarrassingly, since manual is not a factory option, I'm kinda gettin used to not having a clutch pedal too. But, don't tell anyone. laugh.gif My next daily driver with be a manual with a computer cotrolled dual clutch. (DSG/PDK/DCT)

Edited by TT C6

If some idiot t-boned me I'd get a new car on their insurance. Any skier/rider who is legit ferns for powder which means drivingin snow.

True. But, what if people get hurt? And, it's never as easy as just "getting a new car". It's a huge hassle.

I agree about being worthdriving in the snow for fresh powder. That's why I bought my new AWD ride. But, getting to the MT before the worst of the storm, and leaving after the roads are in good shape, is always a good idea.

For me, Philly to the Poconos and back while it's still dumping 12" wasn't worth the risk. It sucks. Believe me.qq.gif

QFT....Quoted for truth...I can't believe my buddy who works in Lansdale but lives in the A is staying overnight in a hotel..but he is one of those people who is afraid of driving in snow..the roads were so good earlier..I was posting on PASR while steering with my knees..a couple weeks from now I can add a Rita's Italian Ice to the mix.. :drool

i cant wait for Rita's