jack frost 2-27-10

RidgeRacer

I got there at around 1PM and had my student again today so we lapped snowflake and powderpuff

for 2 hours.

lesson movie

I've never been at Jack Frost on a Saturday in February during peak season.

It was crowded... like a WMMR day crowded.

It sort of reminded me of every Friday I was at Blue mountain.

My student got to experience the joy of avoiding crashing into other skiers.

She flew like the wind and zipped in and out of the skiers like avoiding a broken picket fence.

No blood today.

It was a good day.

JADIP

Robert2, you're spoiled because you ski mid-week. I don't think there was even half the people there compared to a WMMR day. The one time I went to a WMMR day, the line of traffic was backed up from 940 to the parking lot and I had to park in lot 17 or somehting like that.

Crowded? I thought it was freakin empty! The longest liftline I waiting in at JF was what the liftline is like at 8:30am at Blue Mountain.

There is a difference between the west side green blue lifts and the east side black lifts. I skied the west side a couple of months ago with my niece, and the lines were pretty long. What's nice about jf is that the skiers are separated so if you ski e mtn or the challenge lift you don't get absolute newbys in the lines or on the slopes. What gets me about a lot of ski areas (even Whiteface) is that you come ripping off a black and it merges with a green.

Until they put the bumps on Exhibition, I would only ski it as the last run of the day to avoid skating up to the lodge from Challenge. We didn't show you the seamy underside ghetto parts of our fair city.

Edited by C1er
  • Like 1

I had a blast yesterday, thanks to everybody for coming out! I thought it was awesome that JF put up a banner and put it on their website.... Management over there knows how to take care of their customers.

My lift-drop was actually kinda fun... it was only about a 10 foot drop into a couple feet of pow so it was no biggie. It was a pain in the butt skiing around all day wondering if my ski was going to pre-release and send me head first into the trees, so I had to take it a little easy, which is tough to do when skiing with these guys.

Yesterday was one of my best PA ski days ever, and definitely the best PASR day. Thanks for throwing this together GSS!

PASR Day 2010 - Jack Frost, PA

Johnny Style Strikes Back!

Yes I needed

Some time to get away

I needed some piece of mind

Some piece of mind that'll stay

So I thumbed it

Up to Jack Frost, PA

Maybe a Greyhound could be my way

Redcoats and Gapers

That's right

Get out of my way

Don't need to ski none of your

Lame runs today

Now I don't need no losers

Cracking jokes behind my back

Just need my lift ticket; 'til then

Won't you cut me some slack?

You're one in a million

Yeah, that's what you are

You're one in a million, babe

You're a shooting star

Maybe someday we'll see you

Before you make us cry

You know we tried to reach you

But you were much too high

Much too high, much too high,

Much too high, yes, ow!

I came

I saw

I shook things up

I conquered!

It was like caddy day at the pool in the movie Caddyshack.

I AM NOT A ROLE MODEL FOR YOUR LIFE!

100_1377.jpg

Oh man..why aren't I going to Aspen to ski with Johnny Style... :banghead Oh well there's always next season..Johnny Style=the 1980s..the cool part of the 80s though.. :bow:

In the 80s only the cool skiers had Descente stretch pants with padded knees - I had Obermeyers. No way I could fit in them any more. Sigh, oh for the days of women in stretch pants on the slopes, even if it meant we had to wear them too.

Edited by C1er
  • Like 1

definetly a fun day....and definetly one of the top days at frost this year for sure. we lucked out with that storm dumping somewhere near 2 feet.

pics from risk it......

toast, johnnystyle, jeff

post-1753-126738765625_thumb.jpg

toast

post-1753-126738767266_thumb.jpg

P A Ridge Racer

post-1753-126738768782_thumb.jpg

last but not least, Mr. 1985 (johnnystyle)

post-1753-1267387700_thumb.jpg

8AM dawn patrol.....

nope......

you got a better chance at meeting god than finding me on the snow at 8AM on a Saturday.

Anyone who will take me on a Saturday is going to pick the arrival time, so

its never up to me.

And midweek my ride end of day time limit is 4PM so don't do night sessions at Blue or BB.

My wife is still a total newbie so if I do get out on the weekend with her I still

won't be freeriding with the PASR crew.

As far as crowds go....

I saw more people at Blue at 4 PM on ONE January Friday afternoon than I had

seen ALL WINTER during midweek days at Jack Frost.

So yes ... I'm spoiled.... you can have your crowds....

I'll stick to midweek at JF.

Very late to the discussion but I wanted to pop on to say hi! It was great to put faces with names, even though I couldn't keep up with any of you! LOL! You are all hard core and I'm...well - not. I managed to lose Barb on the very first run down Tbolt. Sorry Barb - I fell on my Momski Faceski! I'm much better on groomers. At least that's what I'm telling my ego.

Technical abilities aside, it ended up being a great, if not crowded, day at JF for the Momski family. My son was tickled the whole day over the "are you old enough to drink beer" question he got from a certain PASRer (who shall remain nameless) at 9 AM. Jacob now swears he looks 21. :) My daughter was also impressed by the group and declared Johnnystyle's style to be "so cool". Indeed.

JADIP!

• Like 1

My son was tickled the whole day over the "are you old enough to drink beer" question he got from a certain PASRer (who shall remain nameless) at 9 AM. Jacob now swears he looks 21. :) My daughter was also impressed by the group and declared Johnnystyle's style to be "so cool". Indeed.

ahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

I had a blast yesterday, thanks to everybody for coming out! I thought it was awesome that JF put up a banner and put it on their website.... Management over there knows how to take care of their customers.

So true JFBB is awesome to all customers.

I haven't been on here all winter.

Hope everyone is doing well

• 10 months later...