jack frost 2-27-10

RidgeRacer

WOW....today was so freaking good. Probably my 2nd best day of the year in PA. Conditions were just so perfect. Temperature was perfect. We were scoring untracked freshies on our last run. I got some knee deep on the side of Floyds and boot/shin deep was available everywhere else. Run of the day had to be Challenge glade, but Flyods and Elevator were pretty awesome as well. Johnny had to pinch himself because he was still in PA. Couldn't have asked for a better day. It was such a nice change from being at Blue Mountain where patrollers can actually ski, and you can ski anywhere.

JohnnyStyle was rocking his retro gear, and while he took a lot of good pictures on his camera, I'll leave you with this one from outside JFBB's lodge...

jstyle.jpg

jstyle.jpg

Today was one for the books...so much snow and a good crew. I got to JF just before 8am and got seriously stoked when I saw the Welcome PASR sign. I met JFDan, Phillycore and Serch at the ticket window. We made our way over to the Challenge glade where it was so deep and when I polled at certain points, my poles didn't hit the bottom! We headed over to East and down to the Elevator where we met up with the Blue Crew who were looking for the "escalator" :D

It was really nice to finally meet Toast, Johnny Style, Noxidee and JFBBMom and Barb made me jealous when I asked her about her move to Colorado. It was also nice skiing with with Doug, Jeff and Greg again and of course the JF crew...JFSkiDan, Phillycore Serch and C1er.

I wanted to venture into some previously uncharted territory (for me anyway) east of Risk It. If there was ever a time to do it...this was the day since there was so much snow. Doug and Jeff followed me in but I ended up following them out. It basically became a bushwhacking expedition that took us back out to Floyd's. I don't think I'll be heading in there again unless it's cleared out. There's some legit terrain back there.

When Greg, Doug, Jeff and Johnny hit the parking lot. Phillycore, Dan, Serch and I made a few more runs on east. The Mad Tree glade was deep and there was even some float going on when skiing though it. Core and I were determined to huck the cliff on Risk it. I manned up and jumped the left side. I didn't land it but it was really soft. Phillycore took the baller route closer to the trees. We skied the C-Glade with Phillycore and Serch before they headed out and Noxidee joined us just around that time. I was mad that I didn't land the jump on Risk It so we went over and I did it again...and again I didn't land it.

After a few more runs with Noxidee and JFDan, I hit the road. The challenge glade had my legs screaming by 1pm.

Great day guys...thanks to everyone who came up. It was a memorable day for sure.

Wow, didn't see those two jump off the lift. You guys have balls. Fun day meeting some more pasr's. Not sure what happened to Heather (JFskimom). I thought she was right behind me, sorry Heather. I have to learn how to ride better in ungroomed snow. Definitely off my game today.

Awesome that JFBB put a banner up! I went in the bar around 2pm but didn't see anyone. Oh well, would have been the only girl there anyway.

Wow, didn't see those two jump off the lift. You guys have balls. Fun day meeting some more pasr's. Not sure what happened to Heather (JFskimom). I thought she was right behind me, sorry Heather. I have to learn how to ride better in ungroomed snow. Definitely off my game today.

Awesome that JFBB put a banner up! I went in the bar around 2pm but didn't see anyone. Oh well, would have been the only girl there anyway.

We left the bar right at 2pm :banghead

Aside from a couple solo runs at the beginning and a couple at the end, the PASR runs were tracked on my iPhone GPS at PASR day

Speed is a little iffy, but most of the tracks are on target.

That is badass...I'll have to check out that app :rock

That is badass...I'll have to check out that app :rock

If you download Magellan's free Mapsend Lite, you can import the gfx file from the Everytrip site, and examine the data in more detail. I think it does a better job calculating the speed too.

Edited by C1er

Today was seriously legit. I wasn't skiing that great to start off with but got into my groove as the morning went on.

It was really great seeing and skiing with everyone. Days like this really make skiing fun, just wish I didn't have to leave at noon.

Aside from the lift problems they were having (I've never seen them have issues like that in the past)

today was a totally kick ass day.

Everything was nice.... mad tree glade was mad deep glade today. Challenge glade was $$$$, the bumps on exhibition were a buttery soft leg burner, Tel-star woods were deep, Risk it was actually worth risking it... although an appearance by "Seth Morrison" made me look like a chump while trying to figure out my line. (pretty much only Dan and Dom will get this... one of those had to be there moments... Really...I mean REALLY?? Are you kidding me right now?? lmfbo... who knew Seth would be skiing Jackson Frost this weekend.)

Toast had a kick ass line in risk it.... Dom was dropping it like it was hot... Johnny Style was straight killing it.... Senor Grilled Skeeze actually made 3 legit turns on the elevator... Atomic Dick Deep Jeff went bushwacking in the risk it backcountry in search of the Jackson Frost Bigfoot (Avy Beacon and probe required) Think Snow Greg was testing out how baller a man can get with loose binders dropping the east mtn lift. Barb went shopping for a new VW Beetle on river shot... Noxidee was busy demonstrating how close one can get to a tree and turn at mach 5.

Gotta thank Nox for picking up my ski after the "wooly mammoth" jumped out of the woods directed me to the local Bark tasting that was about to start (another had to be there moment)

Did you guys end up doing the locker expedition?

Twas a sick day fo shizzle and one for the record books... Glad I could be there to partake in it with everyone.

I got there at around 1PM and had my student again today so we lapped snowflake and powderpuff

for 2 hours.

lesson movie

I've never been at Jack Frost on a Saturday in February during peak season.

It was crowded... like a WMMR day crowded.

It sort of reminded me of every Friday I was at Blue mountain.

My student got to experience the joy of avoiding crashing into other skiers.

She flew like the wind and zipped in and out of the skiers like avoiding a broken picket fence.

No blood today.

It was a good day.

JADIP