Camelback 3-27-10 PASR Day

RidgeRacer

Just back from a nice morning at Camelback. I arrived at 8:45, headed in to get my pass (Thanks for the freebie CB!) and ran into Phillycore and Serch. After booting up and taking a run, I met up with PC and Serch at the lift and then Root and NASTAR Glen shortly after that. We took a few runs before meeting everyone else. The snow was as predicted...fast and pretty hard for the most part early on. There was a huge group of PASR's on the Mt. which was cool. It was nice meeting some new folks. Doug even busted out a freestyle rap at one point. It was captured on video but I'm not sure if it'll hit the web.

Options were pretty limited since the East side was closed but lapping the front four (plus a few others) was definitely fun. The snow started to soften as the morning went on and temps rose and I headed out just after noon. Overall CB still has a lot of snow on what's open and their crew did a nice job. Not much else to say other than today was lots of fun.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

Today was awesome at Barly Creek with Dime having my 4th beer of the day!!!

my

Sorry couldn't hang with everyone for long, Mike was struggling with the conditions for some reason.

Not sure really what was up with him today, but whatever... made the best of it.

Definitely by far his worst day of the season.... I thought it was pretty damn good considering it was March 27th.

Good meeting Root and Dime whom I never met before.

Indeed great day at Camelback phenomenal conditions for March 27th a taste of winter in the morning with some early spring conditions in the afternoon. It was nice finally putting some faces to PASR names meeting up with everyone today. Anyone heading up tomorrow?

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I slept in and got on the snow at 10:45, hoping that it would have softened up. To my disappointment, I found big piles of heavy sugar with lots of ice on the headwalls. I couldn't stand the conditions, so after 4 runs I bolted and went to BB, which I originally thought would be better. I got on the snow at BB at 11:45 and it was like going to heaven. The snow was nice and soft and I couldn't find any icy spots wiggle.gif . I ended up doing 30 runs and bolted about 3:30.

Where were all the boarders? I was the only PASR boarder in the house :confused

i was there, but my third run down and took a gnarly fall off of the flat/down/flat. since everything was still rock hard at the time i got my arm/back/side all cut up and bloody. just hung out and watched the comp then left. shitty end to the season for me.

Hey All,

I stayed at the Camel until 3PM and even saw alot of Blue regulars including one in a coonskin cap. 1875 called and they want their hat back.

Only YOU can prevent forest fires!

IMG_0290.JPG

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I heard about this misfortune at Barley . How did you manage to do it, don't you ride with a helmet?

yeah i do... but every concussion makes it easier to get the next. so, after 5 concussions, the 6th came pretty easily. unfortunately. i might have to retire from park skiing.

yeah i do... but every concussion makes it easier to get the next. so, after 5 concussions, the 6th came pretty easily. unfortunately. i might have to retire from park skiing.

Yeah getting older and injured sucks, I've pretty much cut my limited park riding down to nice mellow features in prime conditions.

Retiring from park skiing isn't a bad idea when you've had 6 concussions IMO.

I had a feeling Boulders conditions would be superior... I haven't skied on snow like that in a while.

It really through Michael for a loop... he's so spoiled at JFBB they just make the best snow with those fan guns.

Boulder is just sooooooo damn short... I'll be there next weekend.

(I still have some comp tickets on my season pass if anyone needs them on a day I'm going, no charge of course.... don't let your PA season end prematurely because you don't want to cough up coin for a few runs.)

• Like 2

Retiring from park skiing isn't a bad idea when you've had 6 concussions IMO.

I had a feeling Boulders conditions would be superior... I haven't skied on snow like that in a while.

It really through Michael for a loop... he's so spoiled at JFBB they just make the best snow with those fan guns.

Boulder is just sooooooo damn short... I'll be there next weekend.

(I still have some comp tickets on my season pass if anyone needs them on a day I'm going, no charge of course.... don't let your PA season end prematurely because you don't want to cough up coin for a few runs.)

I will most likely take your offer on one of those comps next weekend ! :wiggle

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I will most likely take your offer on one of those comps next weekend ! :wiggle

No problem man... I'll tell you closer to the weekend which day I'll be able to make the trek up there.

I have 3 more after Dime's so feel free to claim one if interested... I'm not positive but about 85% sure Mike has one left on his pass as well.

• Like 2

i was there, but my third run down and took a gnarly fall off of the flat/down/flat. since everything was still rock hard at the time i got my arm/back/side all cut up and bloody. just hung out and watched the comp then left. shitty end to the season for me.

Shitty man how did you get all cut up, no jacket it was cold this morning?

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Sucks man...hope you get better. props for doing what you love to do still even after previous injuries.

No problem man... I'll tell you closer to the weekend which day I'll be able to make the trek up there.

I have 3 more after Dime's so feel free to claim one if interested... I'm not positive but about 85% sure Mike has one left on his pass as well.

PASR Day at BB next weekend?

whenever you fall, just think "i cant hit my head". thats what i do. ive had 4 concussions, 1 was super bad and at this point i'd rather have a little whiplash from that then a headache and dizziness.