New "Features"

Switchsideskier.

Off of Blues Website.....

• Lift Line Scanning! no need to wait in lines to get to the trails!....HA HA HA
  • Remodeled Ticket office area with 9 windows to keep traffic down
  • Two New Glade Trails "Sleepy Hollow" and "Blue Baumer"
  • Night Skiing on 100% of the resort * Excluding Glade Areas
  • 15 beginnner, 7 intermediate, and 15 advanced trails
  • NEW Summit Lodge Courtyard and Summit Deck for outdoor dining

Edited by Switchsideskier.

I like that they are open to putting in some glades. I hope they open the ticket windows earlier. I had a pass last year so it wasn't a problem. I will not be getting one this year so I hope they open them at least a half hour before the lifts open. They use to wait till right before the lifts opened to start selling tickets, not sure if they corrected this last year or not.

Glades seem to be gaining popularity, but it will be rare to actually ride them... I know it will never happen at blue, and I don't know how it has worked for them, but what's that mountain in the NE that blows snow even on its gladed terrain? Pats Peak?

regardless of where they are, it's really a step in the right direction.

it's probably the same trees we've been skiing for years if i had to guess. i'll try and take a look around when i'm up biking on sunday. they've also done some dirt work and took away the corner of trees at the top of lazy where that log ride was last year, where they always put up take between the trees, and put new guns in on lazy.

Just the wind alone makes many of Blue mountains "glades" skiable a large percentage of the ski season..

Always got a kick out of that, riding up the lift with the guns a blazin' and wind howling, only to have all the snow they're making wind up in the woods. Like you say: JADIP! :D

Blue mountain has to be one of the windiest places in the world..they might even make some money off the wind in the form of electricity..hopefully enough for a gondola or tram for those cold days,..

I seem to recall they were looking at putting up a windmill at the top, left of the Comet lift?