New "Features"

Switchsideskier.

thats weird we never saw each other. i moved out of the leadvegas a year before you came i guess. made my way over to summit and spent some time there. now im back.

PenTeleDate internet traffic on zzo

Haha ya man, were all over the radio and news, its funny most people think we are a news agency of some sorts.

Opening end of November....... I'll believe it when I see it. Wasn't their earliest opening ever three years ago? I thought they opened something like middle of november.

Hate when you search for blue mountain ski area more search results come up for blue mountain resort in ontario.

Edited by Nidecker25

It's not gonna be cold enough this year for s November opening...mid December is standard.

That's incredible the way you can predict the future :rofl

Seriously though your probably right but it's nice that they seem to be prepared if we luck out and it gets cold early. I believe they were delayed last year because they didn't inspect their lifts......definitely better than that.

nothing wrong with that. boe/bo/bow/beau/bau/beua/baux? will be directing crowd flow still. although now that they got the RF passes, he may be SOL.

didnt know you were adderick before. makes sense now

Haha I don't even know how to spell beo's ? name Hes nuts though, saw him working mountain biking a couple times this year

Seriously though your probably right but it's nice that they seem to be prepared if we luck out and it gets cold early. I believe they were delayed last year because they didn't inspect their lifts......definitely better than that.

Ya I never rely on Blue opening around Thanksgiving anymore...would be nice..but I don't give my hopes up

I was wondering what happened to Adderick.

he died in a horrible ski accident :P

Edited by Switchsideskier.

They ended up only being delayed a day or so. The almost were delayed like 6 days.

So I was at Blue to hand in my groups deposit yesterday heres some news:

Robert2 will love the new lockers, however they are only near the skiers-store/first aid area. They added more of the older lockers everywhere else, I don't think anyone will have any trouble finding a locker.

The new ticket office area is very impressive and handicapped accessible.

The rental shop has been expanded almost out to where the seasonal lockers were, however it is nowhere near completion at this time. Will be very nice once finished.

The summit deck is there as well as as the new fancy courtyard.

Ski school has been replaced with a larger building which extends almost out to the ski school paddle toe.

You can now ski directly to vista, all the trees have been removed.

BTW, the door by explorers is no longer accessible, they moved it down near group sales, and made it a nice very wide double door.

They were also doing some patching work on the drive-way to the mountain as well :P

So far, im impressed.

Edited by Switchsideskier.

great to hear. thanks for the report. nice to see them making positive changes to the place. i'm excited to see what the joint looks like on opening day at the top lodge!

Your welcome. Top lodge doesn't look complete as far as rental shop/courtyard go, but will be nice to see the final product!