big snow for vermont?

JFskiDan

THURSDAY 10 AM

VERMONT GROUND ZERO FOR CRUSHING SNOWSTORM.

My take on this is 1-2 FEET of snow for elevations above 1500 feet in Vermont and with the foliage still on trees this will be ground zero for what will be a heavy wet snow in the high ground into Massachusetts and as for southwest as the northeast Catskills. The Big Dog will review

i dont know anything more about this, but it certainly caught my eye.

I'm here in Burlington, and it's pouring rain right now. Like monsoon heavy rain. But I'm heading up to Stowe tomorrow for their hiring event. Someone from Stowe emailed me today advising me not to use the Mountain Road to get to Stowe, as it's been snowing all day up on Mansfield, and the Mountain Road is probably closed for the winter now. Epic! Jay is expecting more than a foot, they closed their golf course for the season today.

killington is making snow as i type this.

edit: just shut them off. looks like they made snow for a good amount of time. with the natural on the ground, i guess its a good base to start blowing on.

I don't understand why KMart would be blowing on top of what fell already. The ground up here isn't anywhere close to being frozen yet, it's still pretty warm really. If they don't let the earth get exposed again and get a hard frost on it, they'll just insulate the unfrozen ground, and it'll bite them in the ass at the end of the season when their entire snowpack gets undermined. Meh... KMart never really makes any sense, so why even bother trying to figure them out?

I don't understand why KMart would be blowing on top of what fell already. The ground up here isn't anywhere close to being frozen yet, it's still pretty warm really. If they don't let the earth get exposed again and get a hard frost on it, they'll just insulate the unfrozen ground, and it'll bite them in the ass at the end of the season when their entire snowpack gets undermined. Meh... KMart never really makes any sense, so why even bother trying to figure them out?

WOW! Are you serious? All mountains start blowing before the ground is frozen.

• Like 1

Alright everyone, it's time to add to the stoke market... I was up at Stowe this past weekend... unfortunately couldn't get any turns in, I was there for their hiring clinic. But I did manage to snap a couple pics which I'm sure everybody will enjoy.

Here's the Spruce Peak base area on Saturday:

IMG_20101016_090420.jpg

And here's Mansfield on Sunday. I wanted to get the whole mountain in the shot, because the entire summit is white... but the clouds rolled in before I could get a shot of it.

IMG_20101017_114427.jpg