BCironworks 2010-2011

skeer_tomas

By skate style she doesnt mean urban, she means rails with no lips at all. Urban is fun but skate style isnt.

agreed. that's what i hated about boulder last time i was up there. sure, i can ollie onto a mailbox from flat ground, but it's really not that fun. i'd much rather have something like that set up on a spine that you can hit from the front as a rail or from the sides as a quarterpipe/coping kinda feature. maybe stuff like that is fun on a snowboard, i dunno, but it kinda blows on skis.

park was in pretty good shape last night and this morning. snow was kinda slow. and before everyone starts hating, whats with the two jumps on the bottom of black bear? theyre set up weird but it they also kept the gapers out of the tubing line so i guess they helped a little. and the landing to the first jump in black bear is dark as shittt at night. oh and first jump in cascade= money. good job keeping things under control park crew.

paolo and justin got it... i'd like to see a bonk out when they do a rebuild, along with some type of butter pad feature... they're always so fun because you can do spins onto the snow, then hit the rail. if we get the snow, i always liked how they used to have some bigger rails like the rainbow and the old flat down rail on the deck of the jumps in black bear. it seems like its just better for the bigger rails to be setup on a mound. hopefully with the warm up this weekend some of the natural snow that we just got melts off of the parking lots and stuff so we have more water to blow with.

hoping for a park build soon? push the tubing jumps bigger, add the cannon rail, get the palmer in asap are a few necessities, maybe a hip, polejam, stall somewhere. Arbor rail, candy cane should stay in the parks somewhere. Also, low boxes/rails with no lips can be fun(boulder does this alot), maybe the mailbox or the doublewide. Just throwing out some ideas/ Parks arent necessarily bad right now, and park crew has been doing a good job keeping them in good shape, they just feel empty and getting sorta boring ..

Your not allowed to complain on here...people might start to cry.

Anyways like you said Parkcrew has been keeping everyting on point so far. But again like you said the park is reeally spread out and empty. Tonight was a lot of fun with decent snow. The jump on cascade is a little weird as I keep over shooting it, but fun non the less.

Your not allowed to complain on here...people might start to cry.

Anyways like you said Parkcrew has been keeping everyting on point so far. But again like you said the park is reeally spread out and empty. Tonight was a lot of fun with decent snow. The jump on cascade is a little weird as I keep over shooting it, but fun non the less.

it kept shooting me to the left and about halfway down the landing but it was fun regardless and is a decent size jump.

To the left,hhmm never had that problem, I just taking too much speed into it. It seems a little mellow. Cant wait to go up tomorrow night, tonight was so fun.

well let me clarify haha when i would spin a front 3, i ride regular, i would land far to the left in the landing. i dont know why i just did. when i just straight shot it or something i would land in the center.

well let me clarify haha when i would spin a front 3, i ride regular, i would land far to the left in the landing. i dont know why i just did. when i just straight shot it or something i would land in the center.

that isnt the jump, that is just how you are spinning.

Please keep that jump as a step up and make it bigger. Or, make a step up somewhere else and incorporate the cannon rail next to it because the landing of the jump will be perfect for a launch feature.

Tom, any idea when we will see something new?

agreed. that's what i hated about boulder last time i was up there. sure, i can ollie onto a mailbox from flat ground, but it's really not that fun. i'd much rather have something like that set up on a spine that you can hit from the front as a rail or from the sides as a quarterpipe/coping kinda feature. maybe stuff like that is fun on a snowboard, i dunno, but it kinda blows on skis.

Well in that case, yeah you don't need too many flatland things. Guess I was confused because there aren't any of those at Bear while there are a bunch of hateful straight-on rails.

I was just up there last night...why can't all of the rails be set up like this:

IMG_1467.jpg

Instead of this:

flickr_19_Gallery_Large.jpg

I'm not trying to complain because you guys have a fun park set up with a really good rail selection...but this is like park building 101.

• Like 1

^Completely agree, ive brought this up before

also, busiest week of the year and no one rakes the freshly blown snow off the last one in tubing? What a joke. I haven't seen park crew touch those jumps and I have been there every day for the past 2 weeks, are they not allowed of can you not see them from the yurt?

Otherwise, thanks for the new set up it was a lot of fun

• Like 1

we have one downrail that isnt slightly urban right now? which is the one down rail in cascade where the butter box was. i do agree that thing is setup madd weird and feels weird but float a spin onto it and its actually fun. the down bar in blackbear is just burried as ever and i would predict it will be a higher hop on when a full rebuild is done, but it really shouldnt be because its in blackbear and that should be a park where people who are learning can go for flat boxes and easier jumps to learn on, where cascade can have higher hop ons and more challenging rails and bigger jumps. bear needs to serve to everyone, not just us locals which is frustrating at times but really we want to ride a good down rail or a nice floaty jump just as much as someone wants to do their first 50-50 on a box.

i still don't understand the park layout at bear. maybe it's because of the layout of the terrain you guys have to work with, but i always thought blackbear made a much more fun park up top than cascade. the setups that used to be there for slopestyles back in the day were always really fun and flowed well, with a jump or rail option on each hit. cascade has never seemed to accomplish that, aside from what used to be the tubing hill jumps.

i still don't understand the park layout at bear. maybe it's because of the layout of the terrain you guys have to work with, but i always thought blackbear made a much more fun park up top than cascade. the setups that used to be there for slopestyles back in the day were always really fun and flowed well, with a jump or rail option on each hit. cascade has never seemed to accomplish that, aside from what used to be the tubing hill jumps.

for sure thats what i was talking about a few posts back about the old big flat down and stuff that were acually on the mounds of snow that the lips for the jumps were on.

Edited by MollyProsser

those old black bear parks were alot of fun, cascade is too flat after that first jump to really carry speed through for a decent jumpline. Last year's 3 or 4 jump line(i dont remember exactly) down blackbear was a blast, they were smaller than back in the day but alot of fun to flow through. Not enough snow for that yet i suppose.

Edited by Tyler

^Completely agree, ive brought this up before

also, busiest week of the year and no one rakes the freshly blown snow off the last one in tubing? What a joke. I haven't seen park crew touch those jumps and I have been there every day for the past 2 weeks, are they not allowed of can you not see them from the yurt?

EDIT: MODS WHEN USING MY IPHONE AND PRESSING REPLY, MY COMMENT ALWAYS GETS GROUPED IN WITH THE QUOTE. #BUG?

That's a lie, you talked to me yesterday from A chair as I was taking that "second" lip bump off the second jump In tubing. Today the snow was too wet to rake off but we did try around noon and ended up making it almost worse by leaving huge holes from stepping in it and not being able to fix them, regardless I'll make it pretty for you tomorrow

Otherwise, thanks for the new set up it was a lot of fun

Edited by JibHonk

That's a lie, you talked to me yesterday from A chair as I was taking that "second" lip bump off the second jump In tubing.

Hm, i cant say i remember but I believe you. My bad. Im not saying the jump has been bad just needs a little more attention sometimes. Its probably my favorite feature in the park on a good day

how did bear hold today with the warm weather?

i was at blue most of the day but i stopped at bear on the way home so i was there around 430-8. it wasnt bad... i mean we are getting brown spots which was super disappointing considering it didnt even rain yet and today and its january but the park was in good shape aside from brown spots in places that were already thin.

i was at blue most of the day but i stopped at bear on the way home so i was there around 430-8. it wasnt bad... i mean we are getting brown spots which was super disappointing considering it didnt even rain yet and today and its january but the park was in good shape aside from brown spots in places that were already thin.

yeah i was up there tuesday to friday and it was holding up. started to get brown spots friday and that heavy slushy snow.

we have one downrail that isnt slightly urban right now? which is the one down rail in cascade where the butter box was. i do agree that thing is setup madd weird and feels weird but float a spin onto it and its actually fun. the down bar in blackbear is just burried as ever and i would predict it will be a higher hop on when a full rebuild is done, but it really shouldnt be because its in blackbear and that should be a park where people who are learning can go for flat boxes and easier jumps to learn on, where cascade can have higher hop ons and more challenging rails and bigger jumps. bear needs to serve to everyone, not just us locals which is frustrating at times but really we want to ride a good down rail or a nice floaty jump just as much as someone wants to do their first 50-50 on a box.

There's only one down rail that IS urban, the skinny down bar in Black Bear next to the thick tube. Technically the Arbor rail is urban but the rail can't be more than 1-2" above the lip which is pretty weird.

The down rail after that in Cascade is straight on, as is the down bar next to it (although I get what they were doing the the box. A perfect learning rail for people regardless). The thick tube in Black Bear is straight on, as is the down flat down. It's all well and good that there are people learning to hit rails/boxes, and that's what that other little baby park is for, and the flat boxes. Down rails are for people that can hit down rails, and you only learn to hit them by really hitting them.

If you can ride straight onto a down rail, it's not set up right, and that's how all but one of them are.

Edited by DinosaursInOuterspace

do you wear a pink multi colored nike jacket?

There's only one down rail that IS urban, the skinny down bar in Black Bear next to the thick tube. Technically the Arbor rail is urban but the rail can't be more than 1-2" above the lip which is pretty weird.

The down rail after that in Cascade is straight on, as is the down bar next to it (although I get what they were doing the the box. A perfect learning rail for people regardless). The thick tube in Black Bear is straight on, as is the down flat down. It's all well and good that there are people learning to hit rails/boxes, and that's what that other little baby park is for, and the flat boxes. Down rails are for people that can hit down rails, and you only learn to hit them by really hitting them.

If you can ride straight onto a down rail, it's not set up right, and that's how all but one of them are.

Have you even been to bear in the past week? because pretty much nothing is as you claim... especially after the parks got raped by the warm weather and rain. the candy cane is as big a hop on as it can get as is the skate rail in cascade. if they were any lower the lip would be right on the supports/feet. if you hit the thick tube in blackbear aka the candy cane straight on then... you're doing it wrong lolzz. the dfd is also as urban as it can get due to its height and how its fabricated with the feet right at the end if it was more urban you would be riding across the feet on the lip.

down rails are for people that can hit down rails? you're right no one at bear can hit down rails besides you.

do you wear a pink multi colored nike jacket?

yess indeed. also orange nike jacket and light blue nike pants on occasion.

EDIT: Tom if i don't see a park filled with urban down rails and only urban down rails by tomorrow i'm quitting bear creek.

Edited by MollyProsser

Have you even been to bear in the past week? because pretty much nothing is as you claim... especially after the parks got raped by the warm weather and rain. the candy cane is as big a hop on as it can get as is the skate rail in cascade. if they were any lower the lip would be right on the supports/feet. if you hit the thick tube in blackbear aka the candy cane straight on then... you're doing it wrong lolzz. the dfd is also as urban as it can get due to its height and how its fabricated with the feet right at the end if it was more urban you would be riding across the feet on the lip.

down rails are for people that can hit down rails? you're right no one at bear can hit down rails besides you.

I have been there in the past week in fact, but not after the rain so, no, not in the past 2 days. But the only point you'd be making with that is it took a melt out for the rails to be higher. And what are you trying to say about the down flat down?

Pretty sure I made no reference to me being the only person that can hit down rails, but thanks for that.

I have been there in the past week in fact, but not after the rain so, no, not in the past 2 days. But the only point you'd be making with that is it took a melt out for the rails to be higher. And what are you trying to say about the down flat down?

Pretty sure I made no reference to me being the only person that can hit down rails, but thanks for that.

Both the down flat down and skate rail in cascade are super low just by themselves. they cant be any higher unless you want them to float in the air. i did a horrible job of explaining so in my last post so hopefully this picture helps

post-1852-0-02993800-1294065533_thumb.jpg