12/20/2010 [Merged]

AtomicSkier

Was eating lunch with some coworkers and NSJay called...wanted to see if I was available for a PM session. We hit the snow around 3:30pm, crowds were light, great parking spot, not too many cars in the lot. The guns were cranking on Switchback, Sidewinder, Razors Edge, and Nightmare. Temps were mild, but there was some wind, but didn't really affect speeds on homestretch which was nice. Conditions weren't bad for 3:30pm, some skied off spots, but sharp edges took care of that. We hit Lazy Mile, Dreamweaver, Challenge, Paradise, and Barney's, and mixed those up throughout our session. ROTD was Barney's for sure. Really nice rythem throughout the whole stretch of bumps. We even checked out the Challenge bumps, which are way too tight. They need to mow them down and start over.

Lots of snow on Sidewinder. It doesn't look like a lot from this picture, but they're really cranking it out. They've got plenty of Switchback as well. It just seems like they're behind on the grooming. They'll be 100% with the exception of Switchback by Sunday AM, I would guess.

sidewinder.jpg

Hit up Blue for the first time this season. Great feeling to finally be back on the slopes. Not crowded at all which was nice although those metal gates which check your ticket are pretty annoying since they don't work sometimes and you end up looking like an idiot trying to get through the gate. Anyway, the slops were nicely groomed, dreamweaver and paradise were skiing well, some soft snow in areas but certainly skiable. Im disappointed by the bumps on challenge, all they end up doing is cutting off half of the slope, they have the bumps on nightmare and over on barneys too which were skiing nicely tonight, i don't see the point of them on challenge too. One of my favorite runs has always been widow maker which always is groomed nicely and tonight was no different. It felt great cutting the skis loose on that trail, plenty of width but its just not that long. Overall, successful night all over the mountain, cant wait to be back for some more.