Wednesday 1/26/11 Weather Watch

Ride Delaware ?

Well folks, now that this quick moving storm dumped 6" of fluffy pow (or so I hear from reports), its time to start looking at the next one that could be arriving the middle of next week... This could be a typical Nor Easter from early reports, with that developing into a full blown blizzard in a majority of New England... It will set up like the past few storms... Storm from the west will meet with a storm coming up the east coast and potentially develop into a strong winter storm... Early indications show that the High Pressure in Canada should keep the warm air at bay in a majority of New England... However, there is a possibility that the mid-A could see an atmospheric battle that could lead to a mix reminiscent of the one we saw earlier this week... Cold air up top may have a warm air wedge driven into it with a cold surface temp which could lead to some mixing despite temperatures being in the mid 20s... Its honestly too early to tell if this storm will even fully develop, but if it does, and the cold air beats out the warm air, it could be quite the snow event, even in PA...

Still looking promising for this upcoming week, even in the Pokes... Right now they are expecting the cold air to push out the warm air to make for an all snow event, but temps are borderline for the Lehigh Valley... Lets hope it gets a little colder and you reap the benefits of the storm... Should I take my brand new powder board to K-Mart, or should I just take my custom and my rock board for the trees?

Still looking promising for this upcoming week, even in the Pokes... Right now they are expecting the cold air to push out the warm air to make for an all snow event, but temps are borderline for the Lehigh Valley... Lets hope it gets a little colder and you reap the benefits of the storm... Should I take my brand new powder board to K-Mart, or should I just take my custom and my rock board for the trees?

If you have a powder board I would think you would want to bring it for a forecasted storm, but maybe I'm just stupid.

winter storm watches are already being issued for the southeast...2-4 inches expected for Huntsville Alabama..I wonder how many plows they have... :rofl

Alabama has as many snowplows as teeth

The local news will hype the shit out of it like they do for everything.

That's not including elevation

This storm is kind coming in two parts, tues night and then wednesday. The track is all over the fucking place but what looks to happen is a mixing line from say reading to allentown. The mix will be short NOAA is saying less than an hour for Reading. What's important is the highest snow totals will come right along the mix line but with no mix. The Pocs will most likely do really well from this storm with probably very little to no mixing and some of the highest totals your going to see anywhere.

Like everything this storm could move 50 miles and fuck us all but I just have a good feeling about the above.

Gotta stay on this one lots of potential for fuck ups. Two scenarios have OTS and 3" of rain for the dolphins.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 1

Should mention there are models showing 1.5 to 1.75 qpf in six hours, if that does end up being the case be super vigilant. There could be jack shit on the ground and then 3/4" and hour later, that's when shit gets really dangerous on the roads as the idiots didn't get enough warning and are stuck out fucking things up.

Got up to Killington with the rents several hours ago... It was -6 in the car around 5:30... It got down to -11 before the front started coming through with this little clipper... Its now about -5 with temps rising throughout the night and tomorrow... Clipper is expected to yield 2"-5" with the most over the upper elevations, so if there is any upslope we should have a decent day tomorrow... They still aren't too sure on this storm... Earlier today they weren't sure if it was going to come this far west, but throughout the day they seem to be increasing the odds of it hitting... I'm hoping preliminary snow totals will come out tomorrow... The new powder board will be ready for Pico on Thursday if we get a decent snowfall... Trip report will be posted in the New England Thread...