U.S. freeskiing slopestyle team announced

Justin

not sure how many people care on this board but just read the article today. can't wait to see this in 2014.

U.S. team is announced:

Tom Wallisch

Alex Schlopy

Gus Kenworthy

Bobby Brown

Sammy Carlson

real curious to see what other countries teams will be like. so stoked to see freeski slope in the olympics. step in the right direction for sure.

http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/story/_/id/7186141/us-freeskiing-slopestyle-team-named

• Like 2

I was surprised snowboard pipe happened before freeskiing....

For along time they didn't think they had enough countries involved, essentially it would have been a NA dominated event.

Back in the day I was super into this, I thought it could really help skiing. I think now its less important in a strictly American sense as the explosion in this style of skiing has been at least to me very impressive.

super excited to see this. the us mens team is straight stacked. looks like Grete Eliassen, Keri Herman, Devin Logan, Ashley Battersby and Meg Olenick on the girls side of things. i didnt think grete skied that much park. what the judges do with style should be interesting.

she doesn't, and she's still arguably better than everyone else on the team.

idk devin logan is pretty good. canada has turski and lamarre on the a team then raymond and warll on the b team... the pickings are super slim for women's skiing. i think raymond is better then kim lamarre. still its dope that its even in the olympics. they probably could have held off on the womens side of things for a few more years because there will be way more pros by the time the next winter Olympics come around.